collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Legal or not?  (Read 8908 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Legal or not?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »
It is clearly illegal for deer and elk - doesn't matter what time of day:

Can I use laser sights or night vision devices to hunt?
It is illegal to hunt deer and elk with the aid of infrared night vision equipment or with laser sights (not to include range finders) capable of projecting a beam onto the target while in possession or control of a firearm, bow and arrow, muzzleloading firearm or crossbow.

I still don't know why it would be illegal for recovery w/o a weapon present.  Would I get a ticket for no hunter orange if I recover my animal in the dark w/o wearing orange? I doubt it.

I would give you at least a 95+% chance of getting a ticket.  Hunter's orange is probably the most written, least forgiven ticket there is.  You would have to try to make the case that hauling a deer out was not "hunting" which means you weren't making an effort to harvest a wild animal (paraphrasing the definition).

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »
I agree that you wouldn't be cited packing out an animal while not wearing orange. You are no longer hunting once you've shot and are simply packing meat.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »
It is clearly illegal for deer and elk - doesn't matter what time of day:

Can I use laser sights or night vision devices to hunt?
It is illegal to hunt deer and elk with the aid of infrared night vision equipment or with laser sights (not to include range finders) capable of projecting a beam onto the target while in possession or control of a firearm, bow and arrow, muzzleloading firearm or crossbow.
I still don't know why it would be illegal for recovery w/o a weapon present.  Would I get a ticket for no hunter orange if I recover my animal in the dark w/o wearing orange? I doubt it.
I would give you at least a 95+% chance of getting a ticket.  Hunter's orange is probably the most written, least forgiven ticket there is.  You would have to try to make the case that hauling a deer out was not "hunting" which means you weren't making an effort to harvest a wild animal (paraphrasing the definition).
Actually very few hunter orange ticket's are written. It almost always results in a verbal warning.

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 01:33:48 AM »
Nope

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal