collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2017 hancock kapowsin luck?  (Read 11805 times)

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2017 hancock kapowsin luck?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2017, 02:01:29 PM »
I have an idea, how about a predator killing contest for the Hancock pass holders? Coyotes are 1 point, bobcats 2 points and cougars 3 points. Not sure how to keep people honest about where they made their kills, and I certainly don’t have the organization skills to run it or keep track.  20.00 a piece and run it till the end of March, maybe give 75% of the money to you favorite charity and winner keep the rest?  I’d love to see Hancock or the state start a bounty program on predators!!

I think justyhunter and crowing hen would probably take all our money

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »
Sounds like a challenge!!!  😁. I’m a complete rookie at predator hunting, but if I can go w jackmaster maybe we’d give them a challenge??!!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »
Sounds like a challenge!!!  😁. I’m a complete rookie at predator hunting, but if I can go w jackmaster maybe we’d give them a challenge??!!
its actually good that you brought that up, if a guy doesn't atleast have a little expirience you can educate predators really quick, especially cougars and coyotes!  bobcats are pretty dumb, if they are within ear shot they will usually come in but are tough to see here on the wet side , so if you have a buddy to go with that has some expeirience that would be best, plus it's better to hunt in pairs , we usually put the ecaller in between us and each look different directions and if your huntn Hancock and are forced to look at the same ground it's good to have a 12 ga with buckshot !!
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »
Finally got it done in kapowsin during late archery! She isnt the biggest deer in the woods but she will eat really nice. 30 yard shot through a tiny hole in the reprod and i drilled her. Dumping rain made it hard to find her but thankfully she only went about 15 yards from where i shot her! Funny thing.. got her out and loaded in the truck and was thinking to myself.. going to see a buck on the way out. Half way out there was a big 3x3 in the middle of the dang road! Had to honk at him to get him out of the road and even then he just walked off like yeah you cant touch me!

Offline Crunchy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »
That old school bow can still kill them :tup:

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »
Finally got it done in kapowsin during late archery! She isnt the biggest deer in the woods but she will eat really nice. 30 yard shot through a tiny hole in the reprod and i drilled her. Dumping rain made it hard to find her but thankfully she only went about 15 yards from where i shot her! Funny thing.. got her out and loaded in the truck and was thinking to myself.. going to see a buck on the way out. Half way out there was a big 3x3 in the middle of the dang road! Had to honk at him to get him out of the road and even then he just walked off like yeah you cant touch me!

That's good to hear I'm heading up tomorrow with my muzzy. Congrats on the deer good eats!!

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »
That old school bow can still kill them :tup:
I have had that bow since i was 11, im 31 now. Its been hunting for 19 years and has killed 18 blacktails thus far. I keep thinking about replacing it.. but the draw is super smooth and it shoots super quiet compared to all my friends newer bows! Im thinking it will end up being replaced when i have kids and pass it down to them.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »
Well had a guy fly around a corner today up in the snow and it was either pull over hard or get in a head on. Ended up sliding off the road because of the slant and over the bank. Super super lucky my tire caught the edge of the road or I would have rolled. Had a couple guys stop when I was come alonging my way out and they hooked my strap up to there truck and we got it out. Pictures don't do the situation justice I was nervous. Didn't even get a scratch on the truck could have been much worse. Note to self, when planning on road hunting don't wear slippers. Feet were soaked and cold

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2017, 02:01:46 PM »
Did the guy even stop to help?  See any deer?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »
Did the guy even stop to help?  See any deer?

HELL NO he didn't. I told the guys that stopped that the guy had came flying around the corner. They said oh black dodge? I said yup they said oh ya he came flying around us passing and was sliding everywhere spinning out. I'd like to find that dude and give him a piece of my mind I was pissed.

No deer just some elk and tons of people which surprised me

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2017, 09:04:56 PM »
Bridge gate side? I was up south of the river,  and it was really coming down hard.
Coming around a tight corner, I met up with a coyote coming around the opposite way. He slammed on the brakes, did a small leap in the air and jumped off the side of the road, all the while I was digging for my pistol. :chuckle:
Couple hours later, I was nearing my favorite Christmas tree deer hangout, and a bobcat runs across the road not 20 yards in front of me, almost like running sideways watching me. I jumped out, and knocked an arrow, and tried to catch a glimpse, No dice.
Did see 5 deer total today without shot opportunities.
Always fun in the snow.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2017, 09:12:54 PM »
And no, I do not drive a black Dodge.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2017, 09:39:13 PM »
Bridge gate side? I was up south of the river,  and it was really coming down hard.
Coming around a tight corner, I met up with a coyote coming around the opposite way. He slammed on the brakes, did a small leap in the air and jumped off the side of the road, all the while I was digging for my pistol. :chuckle:
Couple hours later, I was nearing my favorite Christmas tree deer hangout, and a bobcat runs across the road not 20 yards in front of me, almost like running sideways watching me. I jumped out, and knocked an arrow, and tried to catch a glimpse, No dice.
Did see 5 deer total today without shot opportunities.
Always fun in the snow.

Ya man it was the bridgegate side! Sounds like a good day man that's bad ass. Lots of predators in there. Once I fill my deer tag it's game on for coyotes. The guys that helped me were Huntwa members they said. Casey and Corey. Bad asses it would have taken me a lot longer to use my come along then to have them pull with their truck

Offline Crunchy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2017, 10:37:05 PM »
I was up there today from 2-4.  Never saw a deer which was weird.  Didn't see the black truck either.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]