collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: It's called respect  (Read 16399 times)

Offline Seabass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: It's called respect
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2017, 09:55:43 AM »
To me, when someone uses the term common sense, I think of things like....don't lick a frozen flag pole or don't put your finger in a light socket. You know, those scenarios where it takes less than a split second to make the right decision.

Reading the mind of a stranger doesn't really fall into the common sense "duh" category. If I come across your vehicle on the side of the road, how the F am I supposed to know the details of your hunt and how the F do you know mine? Without having ever met me, you know for certain that I know the area well enough to know that what I am doing is definitely going to screw you? In my best Chris Carter voice, "come on man!"

Not everybody who does something differently than the next guys is an idiot or disrespectful.

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2017, 11:18:54 AM »
any body getting upset about someone driving by them while there road hunting is ridiculous. your hunting form a road. a open road, you should know the deal...

Offline ruttnbuck

• blacktail finatic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:34 AM »
any body getting upset about someone driving by them while there road hunting is ridiculous. your hunting form a road. a open road, you should know the deal...

Definition of Road hunting too me is when someone is hunting from vehicle while driving through units.  So when I'm pulled over and walking down  a small dead end road that's not leading to big area just leading to a small cut, I'm not road hunting in my book . Now if I was driving down that dead end road hunting then I'd be road hunting.  Am I not correct?

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »
If I am within a mile of a road I consider myself to be road hunting. I don't expect everyone to hold the same opinion. If people driving down the road have an impact on my hunt I am road hunting.

Offline ruttnbuck

• blacktail finatic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2017, 12:31:18 PM »
If I am within a mile of a road I consider myself to be road hunting. I don't expect everyone to hold the same opinion. If people driving down the road have an impact on my hunt I am road hunting.

Wow good to know, then the majority of hunters in western wa are road hunters including myself even though I've always considered myself a hunter who gets out and beats the brush rather then hunting while driving roads all day.   
All I'm saying is that we  should be able too give respect to another hunter where its due and if using common sense too determine that,  then so be it.   My definition of common sense is making a decision that should be easy to make without over analysing it.

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2017, 01:02:47 PM »

Definition of Road hunting too me is when someone is hunting from vehicle while driving through units.  So when I'm pulled over and walking down  a small dead end road that's not leading to big area just leading to a small cut, I'm not road hunting in my book . Now if I was driving down that dead end road hunting then I'd be road hunting.  Am I not correct?

Exactly...."your definition"

Offline beav1980

• Hunter
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »
You can't try to make a public road private by parking your vehicle in the middle of it. 

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »
I'm with you ruttnbuck, but I know that there's a big percentage out there that will drive every inch of the road and drive around stuff and so on.  Just kind of the tax for hunting public land.  Some of the older guys don't see much wrong, used to the old days when there were lots of critters and driving down each spur and on top of everyone didn't really affect anything.  Even the ocean now days, I completely expect there to be at least one guy that will troll into your lines or anchor rope.

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2017, 01:20:51 PM »
If people driving down the road have an impact on my hunt I am road hunting.

this is accurate

Offline ian_padron

• Scout
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:12 PM »
Roads are available for anyone to drive as little or as far as they want. Even if the rig is parked at the end doesn't mean they have to or even should leave. There is plenty of area to hunt and getting bent out of shape about it does no good.  :twocents:
Agreed 100% ^

Public roads on public land...what's the issue OP?

Maybe hike in a bit further next time.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2017, 01:39:51 PM »

The units I usually hunt in Western WA have little if any area that is more than a mile from a logging road.  I guess we are all road hunters. lol
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2017, 02:10:13 PM »

Wow good to know, then the majority of hunters in western wa are road hunters including myself even though I've always considered myself a hunter who gets out and beats the brush rather then hunting while driving roads all day.   
All I'm saying is that we  should be able too give respect to another hunter where its due and if using common sense too determine that,  then so be it.   My definition of common sense is making a decision that should be easy to make without over analysing it.

You can do what you think is right. Don't expect others to do what you think is right. That just leads to unfulfilled expectations. What if that other truck had a disabled hunter in it who can only shoot from landings? Might be an Afghan vet with a leg gone or a spine injury - you don't know. Again, public land is free for all.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline ruttnbuck

• blacktail finatic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »
You can't try to make a public road private by parking your vehicle in the middle of it.

I'm not trying to make it private all I'm saying is if the rd is less then a mile (and the majority of hunters know how far back it goes  but I know there are  times u get a newbie in the area. ) then I would expect someone to give a guy some room or at least come in contact if possible and be a good steward . I know myself I'm not going to waist my time if I see someone parked at the beginning of a dead end road, ill keep going and go to plan B .

Offline ruttnbuck

• blacktail finatic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »
It just seems like people don't like making logical decisions , if it's not how they where taught or if it's not how the other person would do it then they freak out,  screw it make a decision based on how you'd want too be treated .  I try too and hope some day it'll benefit. 

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »
It just seems like people don't like making logical decisions , if it's not how they where taught or if it's not how the other person would do it then they freak out,  screw it make a decision based on how you'd want too be treated .  I try too and hope some day it'll benefit.

What is logical to you might not be logical to others, just a thought.  :tup:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal