collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Happening now in Olympia  (Read 11625 times)

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Happening now in Olympia
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 06:36:27 AM »
All kidding aside, if there had to be some wolves in king county, the mountains and wilderness areas of the eastern part of the county would be the spot.  Very remote country there. Steep and deep. Cracks me up when people think that that isn’t a thing.

“If there has to be”.  Lol. 

Just think, this is a way for you and the city wolf lovers to protect more wolves from being “poached” on the east side. 

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 07:26:17 AM »
The problem is wolves need to eat and I'm not sure they'd find enough deer in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 08:04:05 AM »
All kidding aside, if there had to be some wolves in king county, the mountains and wilderness areas of the eastern part of the county would be the spot.  Very remote country there. Steep and deep. Cracks me up when people think that that isn’t a thing.

Just think, this is a way for you and the city wolf lovers to protect more wolves from being “poached” on the east side.

Wow. What the heck is this supposed to mean?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 08:21:01 AM »
I'm not against this in theory, but consider:

How much did it cost for the state to contract out killing a few problem wolves?
How much did they spend on the consultant?
How much would it cost to live capture and relocate 1 wolf?
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »

Wow. What the heck is this supposed to mean?

It means you should welcome the wolves with open arms, then put full faith in the state’s ability to manage them.   You know, the same kind of thing you and many others have been preaching to the east side residents.   

It’s a win/win for you.  Move over the at risk for being poached wolves, and protect them.  Then you can set an example for those lawbreaking east side poachers...  look at this as an opportunity to shine.

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »
They have already moved wolves to Western, WA.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 09:08:33 AM »
@jackelope - Always fun when someone assumes you’re an enemy because you live in King County. 

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »
@jackelope - Always fun when someone assumes you’re an enemy because you live in King County. 

Didn’t say he was an enemy.  I do follow and read his posts though.  He’s made his opinions well known.

Just a guess, but I’d be willing to bet there’s more wolf lovers in King county then there is in all of eastern Washington. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2018, 11:16:26 AM »

Didn’t say he was an enemy.  I do follow and read his posts though.  He’s made his opinions well known.

Just a guess, but I’d be willing to bet there’s more wolf lovers in King county then there is in all of eastern Washington.

Not sure why you or anyone would think I’m a wolf lover or have any interest in protecting them. I do believe in following the law as much as I may or may not like it and I have recently questioned the folks who were preaching SSS in a different thread.  Questioned or called them out is a better term maybe. It was made clear to me by more than one of them that it’s ok to shoot them as long as it’s someone else who does it. That makes me chuckle. Maybe that’s what’s bugging Miles. If I’m mistaken please explain otherwise where I’ve described myself as a wolf lover. I’ll be waiting.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:32:40 AM by jackelope »

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »
I'm thinking it's all a legal ploy to get the wolf lovers 2 give reasons why not to have them in the western side of the state which would be able to allow the argument of the state has met the management plan and will allow delisting and a possible hunt. Just my  :twocents:.
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 07:22:08 AM »
I'm thinking it's all a legal ploy to get the wolf lovers 2 give reasons why not to have them in the western side of the state which would be able to allow the argument of the state has met the management plan and will allow delisting and a possible hunt. Just my  :twocents:.
Good point and as far as these guys preaching SSS wouldn't shoot a wolf, most if not all are all talk. Shooting 1 or 10 won't stop them we need to manage them by hunting them legally.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 08:01:45 AM »
Well that may be true but I am willing to bet Wa ends up the same predicament as those eastern states where wolves aren't taken delisted.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »
If the game Dept. would educate Olympia on these wolves instead of pandering to the liberals who feed their  budget we might get some where.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »
If the game Dept. would educate Olympia on these wolves instead of pandering to the liberals who feed their  budget we might get some where.

I hate to say it, no I don't. You cannot educate a liberal..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »

WDFW needs to learn to accept fact themselves before they can move onto educating others.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU