collapse
Advertise on Hunting-Washington Experience A Successful Turkey Hunt With Bearpaw Outfitters

Author Topic: Fall season will be much longer bag limit 4  (Read 2453 times)

Offline chuckster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Fall season will be much longer bag limit 4
« on: April 26, 2018, 08:12:17 AM »
I was looking at the new regs, and the fall season is now Sep. 1st to Dec. 31st. 2 hens and 2 either sex tags. So you can now shoot 6 turkeys and up to 4 toms a year, in the NE corner. If am understanding this correctly. I really wish it was 3 in the spring and 3 in the fall. Cause I don't really hunt turkey in the fall but sure wish I could buy anouther tag right now.

Offline scotrobe

• Pilgrim
Re: Fall season will be much longer bag limit 4
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 08:34:06 AM »
That's how I read it as well. That's great news.  :tup:

I agree with you though. I wish it was 3 and 3 also.

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
Must be the way they want it-I notice you can buy 7 turkey tags. 

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
How hard of a hunt is the late season? If the hens are anything like they are right now it'll be a slaughter.

Offline MerriamMagician

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
  • Success is the only option
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »
I donít hunt the fall seasons at all, the spring hunts are what I live for and I do too much big game hunting anyway to hunt them in the fall. I would urge most fall hunters to still try to target male birds. Lots of people shooting lots of hens will put a hurting on the population in a hurry.
Gobblers only, all jakes must walk

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 01:06:20 PM »
How hard of a hunt is the late season? If the hens are anything like they are right now it'll be a slaughter.
It's not really even a hunt the last part of the season-it's just a harvest.  I agree with the Magician, for the sake of the turkeys I hope most will target Toms.  It could be a real slaughter if everyone takes advantage of the large flocks you see in December and whacks 4 hens.

Offline jasnt

• Predator hunter
  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 02:12:57 PM »
This will make some land owners happy that I know. Only time I hunt fall or late is farms having troubles with them.
🐾2018
243Round ct. 398
Rifle rc 872
"... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 02:28:13 PM »
This isn't a good thing for the birds on state land and other public access.  :bdid:

Offline BPturkeys

• Hunter
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
Not to worry, NE Washington has seen many many more nasty winter kills than what will happen this fall and the birds have survived just fine. Maybe this little extra harvest will be just a few less birds to die a normal winter kill death. One thing for certain, fall/winter birds sure do eat good...nice, fat and juzzie :tup:

Offline kevinlisa06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »
Havenít hunted the fall season in bout 10yrs. Not my thing I prefer Spring season thatís when itís fun. Donít care for the new rule, could be a slaughter over in the NE on the birds. The farms my dad hunts over in the NE had a lot of birds on them but over the years the population has been manages and back in balance, they took 4 Toms this Spring. Last fall I believe they took 3 or 4 hens. Management is key we donít need a slaughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jasnt

• Predator hunter
  • Political Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »
Havenít hunted the fall season in bout 10yrs. Not my thing I prefer Spring season thatís when itís fun. Donít care for the new rule, could be a slaughter over in the NE on the birds. The farms my dad hunts over in the NE had a lot of birds on them but over the years the population has been manages and back in balance, they took 4 Toms this Spring. Last fall I believe they took 3 or 4 hens. Management is key we donít need a slaughter.

the flocks I see in ne you ainít making a dent with out double digits numbers!  Fall and winter season we see flocks of 200-300 birds.  The locals refer to them as feathered rats
🐾2018
243Round ct. 398
Rifle rc 872
"... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll

Online bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 06:36:54 PM »

the flocks I see in ne you ainít making a dent with out double digits numbers!  Fall and winter season we see flocks of 200-300 birds.  The locals refer to them as feathered rats
And many of those same locals deny people from hunting their property.  :twocents:

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 07:42:11 PM »
I donít hunt the fall seasons at all, the spring hunts are what I live for and I do too much big game hunting anyway to hunt them in the fall. I would urge most fall hunters to still try to target male birds. Lots of people shooting lots of hens will put a hurting on the population in a hurry.
  I agree, unless you are down on your luck and your belly is really aching for a meal. Save the hens for layin eggs. Do the sport, shoot toms and preserve our future... And have fun

Offline Hangfire

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
There is almost no pressure in the fall season now. Local farmers shoot on site when they get on hay stack. Dairy farmers can not have poultry on location, when they don't drive off they shoot. The cost of tags is limiting factor. Once snow falls it is not unusual to see flocks of 400 hens around building. If things do get out of hand the following year seasons can change

Offline jasnt

• Predator hunter
  • Political Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »

And many of those same locals deny people from hunting their property.  :twocents:
not the locals I help out. The roost trees have a 15í circle of turkey carp 12Ē deep!
🐾2018
243Round ct. 398
Rifle rc 872
Charles R. Swindoll

* Recent Topics

triple se7en powder by lokidog
[Today at 11:03:31 PM]

2018 upgrades by yakimanoob
[Today at 11:03:08 PM]

Archery Deer this year, Yay! by lokidog
[Today at 10:59:09 PM]

338 375 ruger build by yorketransport
[Today at 10:46:12 PM]

DIY Break-Away Flashers - A tutorial by cem3434
[Today at 10:34:14 PM]

Leica CRF 1600B rangefinder by Black Ghost
[Today at 10:31:07 PM]

WTB 44 MAG REVOLVER AND 7MM STW by clayslayer85
[Today at 10:28:48 PM]

After Libs Blame West Coast Fires on Global Warming, Forester Speaks out by bigtex
[Today at 10:21:25 PM]

Maui/Lahina fishing by KFhunter
[Today at 10:11:54 PM]

THE CLOCK IS TICKING, THE GROUSE CALENDAR IS COUNTING DOWN by Mfowl
[Today at 09:53:55 PM]

2018 Area 9 and 10 Summer Kings by blackpowderhunter
[Today at 09:30:21 PM]

WTS Left Handed Benelli SBE 2 (Price drop) by Rex_04
[Today at 09:25:40 PM]

Project truck by Angry Perch
[Today at 09:05:48 PM]

best backpack by Sakko300wsm