collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho OIL  (Read 17866 times)

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
Re: Idaho OIL
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 07:26:19 AM »
When do they generally have the results for Oil tags? I'm in for Moose.

It was May 18th last year, though the regs say by June 10th.  I know they have the new admin system this year, so may take longer.

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
May 18th would work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 09:26:59 AM »
it will be June. I love seeing the non rez guys applying for the OIL permits. hope you guys are paying attention to the tag numbers. some of those draws are straight donation form you. see it every year in the draw odds X amount of non rez applications = zero drawn  :chuckle:

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 09:30:14 AM »
Non res get up to 10% of total tags

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline theleo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 10:13:08 AM »
it will be June. I love seeing the non rez guys applying for the OIL permits. hope you guys are paying attention to the tag numbers. some of those draws are straight donation form you. see it every year in the draw odds X amount of non rez applications = zero drawn  :chuckle:
I'll be doing that in a few years. It's a game of 10% of the total tags. Where I'd like to go hunt Mt. goats there's only one tag, so a non resident only has a shot at getting it maybe every 10 years or so. After I draw my elk tag for in there I'll start putting in for the OIL tags. I'd rather donate to your state than hunt here in WA anyway.

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
Always looking out for the interests of the NR as usual :tup:
I seemed to have missed my chance to apply for my unit 11 Bighorn tag, can I run my deer and elk unit choices by you here in a few weeks?
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »
I seemed to have missed my chance to apply for my unit 11 Bighorn tag, can I run my deer and elk unit choices by you here in a few weeks?

I think im putting mine in today. let me know what your looking at

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »

right, if there's 10% to give in that unit/draw after rez. like I said you gotta look at the over all draw odds. some of those are a straight donation from none rez guys that never had a chance

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 11:59:31 AM »

right, if there's 10% to give in that unit/draw after rez. like I said you gotta look at the over all draw odds. some of those are a straight donation from none rez guys that never had a chance
do you know how they run the draw? If there’s an app there it has the same chance as any other app, until the 10% nonres max is hit. Even with the 10% limit odds are still better in Idaho as a nonres than in wa.  :twocents:

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »
I guess I will clarify.

Do they draw for specific hunts in an order? Or do they randomly draw apps and then see if the choice is open?

Offline Branden

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »
They don’t draw hunts they draw names. That is why non res can draw the only unit 11 sheep tag. I believe last year a non res did draw it.

Non res can draw up to 10% of tags for that species and unit. But in the case of oil tags where there are only 1-2 tags per unit then they allow non res to draw the only tag in a unit, or 1 of the 5 tags in a unit until they fill their up to 10% quota. They can only draw 1 tag per unit though unless there are 20+ tags in a unit. Otherwise there would be zero point for a non res to apply for goats or sheep if it was 10% per unit since most units only have a few tags.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
They don’t draw hunts they draw names. That is why non res can draw the only unit 11 sheep tag. I believe last year a non res did draw it.

Non res can draw up to 10% of tags for that species and unit. But in the case of oil tags where there are only 1-2 tags per unit then they allow non res to draw the only tag in a unit, or 1 of the 5 tags in a unit until they fill their up to 10% quota. They can only draw 1 tag per unit though unless there are 20+ tags in a unit. Otherwise there would be zero point for a non res to apply for goats or sheep if it was 10% per unit since most units only have a few tags.

great explanation I never understood that and wondered how non res could even draw the sheep and goat tags with less than 10. Not that that information will help me at all  :chuckle:

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2018, 06:46:35 PM »

I think im putting mine in today. let me know what your looking at
Based on your response you don't understand how the draw works in Idaho LG.  See Brandens description.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2018, 07:50:02 PM »
I understand just fine. Example of what I’m talking about. 22 non Rez applicants making a straight donation

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 07:52:47 PM »
Same hunt. 2016

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter