collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wyoming points survey...  (Read 6191 times)

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Wyoming points survey...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »
The survey I got was only concerned about funding the system and refunds and how to handle it.

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 07:10:38 PM »
I got the survey because I have purchased points the past few years. I answered “No” to the question about if I have ever applied for a tag before, and it ended the survey for me so I’m not sure what the rest of the questions were, or the intent behind the survey.

Offline High Climber

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »
There are some folks complaining about the points sharing system in Wyoming.   They don't like the guys trading info for points and getting to hunt G/H every year and shooting big deer.

I would venture to guess that is the major driver behind the survey...

Wow I didn’t realize that was a thing

Offline jjhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
I got the survey because I have purchased points the past few years. I answered “No” to the question about if I have ever applied for a tag before, and it ended the survey for me so I’m not sure what the rest of the questions were, or the intent behind the survey.

Sounds like my conspiracy theory was way off.   :chuckle:

Offline Bwana Bob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 07:46:25 AM »
Love the WY point system. I know I'll be able to draw a limited entry deer tag for this year with the preference point system they have, not so in WA. I hope they never change it or god forbid, make it like our GREAT DRAW SYSTEM :bdid:

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 08:41:26 AM »
Wyoming isn’t nearly as many years into their point system as a lot of other states.  Point creep will continue to build as more years pass. I personally think Idaho and New Mexico have the best systems.

Offline Antlershed

• Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »

Sounds like my conspiracy theory was way off.   :chuckle:
:chuckle:

Here’s the email I got. The part cut off at the bottom is once you answer the resident question within the email it launches the survey in survey monkey.

Offline Antlershed

• Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 05:42:06 PM »
Just read it’s about Wyoming considering not making people front the tag fee when they apply. It seems like an odd change when people can already wait and buy a point from July-October.

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 06:17:08 PM »
I voted to basically leave well enough alone. It looked like they didn’t want to pay one point something million to refund everyone their fronted fees.
I believe it is a great state as far as the hunting.
HOWEVER, very young into the points (13 max) I think. Point creep will start hitting hard here in 5 or so years :/
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 06:23:54 PM »
The option for leaving it was to have everyone pay more to offset the 1.5 million in fees for the refund. I voted for the $15 application and charge if drawn. I don’t feel it really effects the odds since you can just buy points anyways over such a broad time period.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Wyoming points survey...
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »
I got the survey today. I voted to leave it as is. Which would mean a 2.5% increase in the cost to apply. But I'd rather pay that and have better odds of drawing.

This was the last question on my survey:

Offline Antlershed

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2018, 06:17:19 AM »
The option for leaving it was to have everyone pay more to offset the 1.5 million in fees for the refund. I voted for the $15 application and charge if drawn. I don’t feel it really effects the odds since you can just buy points anyways over such a broad time period.
I’m with you, in that I don’t see this changing the draw odds much if it goes through. People (myself included) have already been building points without having to front the cost of the tag.  :dunno:

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 02:31:21 PM »
I voted to keep it as is with a 2.5% increase.

I also failed the comprehension portion of the preference point system so that made me feel so little inadequate.

Offline longrange7mm

• Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2018, 07:26:56 AM »
They keep trying to push the points on us residence every year for deer elk and antelope. There is a big coalition of guys that continue to thankfully get it shut down at the commissioners meetings. My take on the survey was to see what the public's understanding of how the points system worked as well as get a fill for how we would like to see a change to the way refunds are made. Currently as a resident if I apply for moose and sheep I'm awarded a point at no addition cost they want us to A. pay the credit card fee to refund my money or B. offset that cost by charging me for the point. Im certain they have already decided to make a change but they are just trying to figure out the way we would like to see that change happen  :chuckle:
Never to far, Just grab another minute!

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2018, 08:34:39 AM »
I voted for the 2.5% increase.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal