collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lion attack in North bend?  (Read 43326 times)

Offline fish vacuum

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Lion attack in North bend?
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »
Every time I read that guy #1's head was in the cougar's mouth, I think to myself that he should have had a helmet on. Is that bad?
Are you making a joke about this attack?

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2018, 07:08:30 PM »
Reminds me of Johnny Carson talking about using the buddy system swimming in shark infested waters when a shark comes your way give him your buddy
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline haugenna

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2018, 07:29:00 PM »
Every time I read that guy #1's head was in the cougar's mouth, I think to myself that he should have had a helmet on. Is that bad?
Are you making a joke about this attack?

I don't take it that way. I take it as riding a bike, one should be wearing a helmet.

Offline Threewolves

• Longhunter
  • USA (R)
  • Groups: VFW, NRA
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2018, 09:01:05 PM »
news report said #1 cyclist saw cat dragging buddy (#2 cyclist) into the woods as he was riding away...

The attack in CA the cougar was trying to drag the girl off and the other cyclist was holding on to her playing tug of war, he did not leave.
There are only so many sunrises left.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2018, 10:26:11 PM »

When I first read about this it was said that "they did everything right".

Then I saw a news report where that was said.  Well, then what went wrong? I am going on the initial story.
At first they were good, united and stood their ground, the cat backed off.
Then the cat attacked person #1. For some reason person #2 took off running (leaving person #1 behind).
The cat took off after person #2 catches and attacks person #2.
Person#1 then jumps on a bike and takes off (leaving person #2 behind).  How is that doing everything right?

Yes, I know I was not there, I am a Monday morning quarterback, I am yelling from the cheap seat and there is always more to the story. 

I am judging the incident. But, don't run, fight back. (I am with Jstone, K-F hunter, RT spring, bone addict, & To many and anybody else who thinks they should have Stood their ground and fought the cat off)

My opinion based on my experience.

It obviously didn't turn out well. But after person 2 ran off with the cougar in chase, it's entirely possible that person 1 didn't know where they went. I think it's fair to assume that person 1 may have been disoriented after having their head in a cougar's mouth.
Think about it like this. You get attacked and struggle with a cat that's biting your head. You hear footsteps in the gravel and the cougar releases you. Once you wipe the blood outta your eyes, your friend and the cat are gone.

Very Possible.   :twocents:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Romulus1297

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2018, 11:30:41 PM »
My wife even thought this was funny.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2018, 05:04:51 AM »
Am I missing something but were they both men or was the one unfortunate one that got killed a woman.  Keep hearing person 1 & 2
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2018, 05:07:16 AM »
Am I missing something but were they both men or was the one unfortunate one that got killed a woman.  Keep hearing person 1 & 2
It was a they.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2018, 05:10:59 AM »
The whole Seattle politically correct krap is for the birds. Its a he or a she. You have a tally wacker or you don't
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
The whole Seattle politically correct krap is for the birds. Its a he or a she. You have a tally wacker or you don't

well technically...........it is possible to have both.  :chuckle:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2018, 05:17:57 AM »
True but a minimal number, just like the drivers lisc thing M or F or Uncommitted(Hey look at me)

Offline cavemann

• Sourdough
« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2018, 08:51:33 AM »
I've been hesitant to post...  This thread has gone down hill in a hurry.  Opinions aside on Seattle, PC and liberals, I don't understand how you guys feel it necessary to bring that into this discussion..  Someone died and another hospitalized for serious injury.  There are definitely plenty of things to discuss regarding what could have been done different and the issue of Cougar populations, etc..  But come one guys, someone died in this scenario and families are planning funerals.  It takes a special kind of a**h*** to post some of the stuff you guys are putting out there.

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #252 on: May 23, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
I've been hesitant to post...  This thread has gone down hill in a hurry.  Opinions aside on Seattle, PC and liberals, I don't understand how you guys feel it necessary to bring that into this discussion..  Someone died and another hospitalized for serious injury.  There are definitely plenty of things to discuss regarding what could have been done different and the issue of Cougar populations, etc..  But come one guys, someone died in this scenario and families are planning funerals.  It takes a special kind of a**h*** to post some of the stuff you guys are putting out there.

Nothing needs to be done because somebody died! It is the woods not the sidewalk in downtown seattle. People make choices to do things and should accept the consequences if they are not prepared.  I get wanting to control the predator population so there can be optimal deer and elk hunting for people that want that but trying to make it safer to be in the woods? give me a break.  Yes, some of the comments could be another thread but people had questions and it's easier to ask here than start another thread.  JMO
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #253 on: May 23, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »

Nothing needs to be done because somebody died! It is the woods not the sidewalk in downtown seattle. People make choices to do things and should accept the consequences if they are not prepared.  I get wanting to control the predator population so there can be optimal deer and elk hunting for people that want that but trying to make it safer to be in the woods? give me a break.  Yes, some of the comments could be another thread but people had questions and it's easier to ask here than start another thread.  JMO

I think the point is, who cares if it was a man, woman, or they? Why does it matter other than to make childish comments? I have to agree.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2018, 10:16:33 AM »
Didn't realize there were so many snowflakes on this forum.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]