collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Douglas Creek photos  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Guy

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Douglas Creek photos
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:22:52 PM »
It was another good day - and another day without shooting a buck. My son and I saw 25 deer throughout the day, including one small spike buck who was still hanging out with mom and the gals. Our day was one of driving to likely locations, then hiking into position, and glassing for bucks... No such luck. Some of the driving was a little interesting, and much of the walking was ah... notable... The fall colors were outstanding! Here's a few photos:

Not sure where I'm headed tomorrow. Didn't see any worthwhile bucks today but did find the tracks of one monster buck - tracks as big as my fist. Might head into higher country in the Cascades and see if I can locate any bucks getting pushed down to lower elevations by the snow...

Getting out for open - country mulies just makes my whole year! Would be nice to get a buck, but I have to admit that I just plain like being out there, hunting...

Regards, Guy

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Douglas Creek photos
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »
but I have to admit that I just plain like being out there, hunting...

i'm with you.
thanks for the pics.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal