collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: washington draw  (Read 65788 times)

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: washington draw
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2018, 07:42:09 AM »
If this is true I am all over that !! Been pushing for this for a year now, we want the same legislation that Montana has for Purple Heart recipients and we want to be able to gift duplicate drawn tags to DVA hunters

What is a "duplicate drawn tag?"

Offline Lapua07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF, MD, NBA WRAW
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2018, 07:51:21 AM »
I would like a legislation for more quality game animals

:chuckle: :chuckle: agreed!

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2018, 08:55:10 AM »
The draw was postponed to create a program for wounded veteran hunting opportunities required by the federal government. I am told the draw will happen next week, but not sure what day.

Interesting, but how are they "creating" a program in the middle of the draw?  I am a DAV, but not a "wounded" vet (just bad knees, ankles, ears, etc..).  How does the state know who the "wounded vets" are if those guys haven't registered and verified... :dunno:  Seems like something they would have had to get started before the regs came out in April...
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline paultanninen

• blacktailhunter2018
  • Tracker
  • hunting is my middle name
  • Groups: paultanninen
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2018, 08:56:05 AM »
thank you for serving.
You know your hunt went well when you had a shot that was unethical and you never took it, even if you never got your bull.

Elk: I live it, hunt it, and eat it

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »
The draw was postponed to create a program for wounded veteran hunting opportunities required by the federal government. I am told the draw will happen next week, but not sure what day.

Interesting, but how are they "creating" a program in the middle of the draw?  I am a DAV, but not a "wounded" vet (just bad knees, ankles, ears, etc..).  How does the state know who the "wounded vets" are if those guys haven't registered and verified... :dunno:  Seems like something they would have had to get started before the regs came out in April...
I don’t believe the new program is related to the draw at all. It was/is, however, a system update that took priority over the draw due to it being mandated by the feds and/or state legislature.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
Hey guys, I've been texting my inside source.  I finally have the inside scoop:  There will be no special permits this year. :'(

Good luck in the OTC hunt!   :tup:

Offline Griz231

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • Global Barcode - Provider of Anything and Everything Barcode
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2018, 09:19:59 AM »
I don't understand with all the social media and avenues to communicate that there is now days why the WDFW can't just inform of us of when the draw will happen or if it's delayed.  Other states have set times they do their draw.  Like New Hampshire and Maine for example.  Maine has a full on festival for the Moose drawing.  Granted it is a lot smaller but still, why not just tell us what is happening.  :dunno: I would of got a lot more work done this week if I knew that the draw was going to happen on a certain day.   :bash:
 :twocents:
now i'm going to go login in and check..............again.......for the 2nd time today. 
"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family,
I love the way it is now and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me.
That should be all of our attitudes.
Cause this is America and a country boy is good enough for me son..."
- Charlie Daniels

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
I don't understand with all the social media and avenues to communicate that there is now days why the WDFW can't just inform of us of when the draw will happen or if it's delayed.  Other states have set times they do their draw.  Like New Hampshire and Maine for example.  Maine has a full on festival for the Moose drawing.  Granted it is a lot smaller but still, why not just tell us what is happening.  :dunno: I would of got a lot more work done this week if I knew that the draw was going to happen on a certain day.   :bash:
 :twocents:
now i'm going to go login in and check..............again.......for the 2nd time today.

DNRY
Check back on 6-19-18
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2018, 09:40:06 AM »
Guys, there is no such thing as DNRY anymore.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2018, 09:40:51 AM »

It's NDTY  (No Draw This Year)

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »

Tell me more.....
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline teegansdad

• Huntaholic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
    • Facebook/outdoorsforourheroes
    • Outdoors for our heroes
« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:34 AM »
If this is true I am all over that !! Been pushing for this for a year now, we want the same legislation that Montana has for Purple Heart recipients and we want to be able to gift duplicate drawn tags to DVA hunters

In Montana if a Non Profit that's soul mission statement is providing healing therapy and camaraderie through outdoors activities (hunting) that non profit fills out an application sponsoring a purple heart awarded DV tags issued without a draw process for speed goat and deer even in draw only areas. and the cost to the non profit is extremely reasonable

Further more they have a program where residents can gift there tag to a qualifying disabled veteran showing service connected disabled status, but they have to meet the minimum percentage disabled requirement

I have been working on trying to get the state of Washington to let those that draw multiple tags of the same species, lets say cow and bull tag and we all know you have to pick which one to hunt. And therefore the other goes unused. I have proposed that hunters that draw several of the same species can gift these to the WDFW to hand back out to the DV hunters through programs like www.outdoorsforourheroes.org or TFO

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »

Tell me more.....

That's old terminology from the old system.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »

In Montana if a Non Profit that's soul mission statement is providing healing therapy and camaraderie through outdoors activities (hunting) that non profit fills out an application sponsoring a purple heart awarded DV tags issued without a draw process for speed goat and deer even in draw only areas. and the cost to the non profit is extremely reasonable

Further more they have a program where residents can gift there tag to a qualifying disabled veteran showing service connected disabled status, but they have to meet the minimum percentage disabled requirement

I have been working on trying to get the state of Washington to let those that draw multiple tags of the same species, lets say cow and bull tag and we all know you have to pick which one to hunt. And therefore the other goes unused. I have proposed that hunters that draw several of the same species can gift these to the WDFW to hand back out to the DV hunters through programs like www.outdoorsforourheroes.org or TFO

Okay, but first, we don't draw tags, we draw permits. And second, you CAN use all the permits you draw. You just can't take an animal in more than one of the hunts since you only have one tag.

Offline teegansdad

• Huntaholic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
    • Facebook/outdoorsforourheroes
    • Outdoors for our heroes
« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2018, 09:49:15 AM »

Okay, but first, we don't draw tags, we draw permits. And second, you CAN use all the permits you draw. You just can't take an animal in more than one of the hunts since you only have one tag.

semantics, you get the point 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1