collapse
Double U Hunting Supply Visit R&R Calls

Author Topic: Raccoon - Legally taking one in city limits?  (Read 606 times)

Offline Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Raccoon - Legally taking one in city limits?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »
Me thinks the raccoon is just biding his time before the cats are dinner, especially if he invites a few of his friends over to help.

Online Katmai Guy

• IBEW, Local 46
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 05:11:49 PM »

distemper, rabies, parvo. Likely have to look sick.

Add roundworm to that list.  https://ugaresearch.uga.edu/deadly-raccoon-roundworm-can-infect-humans-without-symptoms/

As a tenant, you shouldn't have a problem with trapping them legally.  Your likely issue would be the neighbors.
Leptospirosis, humans can catch it also.
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Virtual Campfire
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 02:55:14 PM »
Bow and arrow man. Just make sure no one is around to see it happen and make sure to hit vitals. I lived down in Sumner next to the Puyallup river in an apartment complex.. someone let loose their pet rabbits and they bred with the native rabbits... The offspring got HUGE! I have dogs and we used to walk them in the evenings out by the river without an issue until they found the rabbits. So 2 birds 1 stone... I got some big rabbits in my freezer and it kept them away so I didn't have to worry about my dogs chasing them anymore. 1 arrow with a blunt tip and thump them in the head or chest.. its a done deal man. Same for raccoons I would assume.

Offline jlahoe

• Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: Today at 06:40:13 PM »
I trapped one at my old house.  Got a tarp, put it over the cage and made sure all sides were weighted down.  Then got one of the co2 gas bomb things that you use to put down in mole holes to kill them.  Lit the fuse and set it under the tarp.  Coon went nighty night.  Nice and quiet.

* Recent Topics