collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county  (Read 75523 times)

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 06:42:30 AM »
First of all it may be true. I have no idea I wasn’t there. It just seems a little far fetched. In my opinion I bet she ran into the wolves and got scared so she climbed a tree. When she radioed for help she probably told them she was surrounded so she wouldn’t look like an idiot. But again just my thoughts. I have personally come across wolves many times and they have never showed any aggression.

Your experience of wolves doesn't reflect their historic patterns across the globe. Worldwide, the pattern of wolves is unmistakable. In countries, especially those which have disarmed their populus, where wolves have not learned to fear humans, wolves get closer to the people until they eventually start attacking them. Look at the patterns in Siberia, where about every 30 years, military teams are tasked with removing packs that have habituated to surviving off human garbage, livestock, and pets, eventually move on to human prey. These patterns are repeated is Kazakhstan, Iran, Scandinavia. Even northern Ontario is having huge problems with wolves decimating the domestic caribou herds and human/wolf contact is growing. It's been almost 20 years that wolves have lived unmolested in WA and it won't be long before they start attacking people. I'm not looking forward to it but it will happen until we start killing them and showing them that interacting with humans is dangerous. Delisting wolves in WA is way past due.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline outdooraddict

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 06:48:03 AM »
as far as im concerned, they are delisted when im in the woods

Online Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 06:49:25 AM »
Some folks are a little uneducated on some of the human-wolf interactions lately.  This is not even close to an unreasonable circumstance.

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 06:51:03 AM »
Doesn't surprise me and I don't doubt this will become more common. Also doesn't surprise me that some of the hugging moderators try to down play this.

Riiiight.
I’m going to predict very strong odds of it happening again during the week of August 5th, possibly in the Teanaway. 

What the heck makes that worth a thousand bucks? Maybe I'll put together a wolf tracking class for 750. Who is even going to sign up for that?

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 06:51:26 AM »
I remember back when I was a kid i heard a story about a girl walking to her grandmas for a visit and when she got there there was a wolf that had eaten her grandma and was still there.
You can look it up and read for yourself😆
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline idahohuntr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 07:03:27 AM »
I just saw a post on the Facebook calling it a “wolf attack.”  Seemed like a stretch to me. Who knows if they had her “treed” or if she saw the wolves and climbed a tree while simultaneously peeing herself. I’ve seen enough “grizzly bear encounters” which are actually blond or cinnamon phase black bear encounters to know that sometimes things get blown out of proportion, especially on social media.
:yeah:
Glad she's ok...but not a lot of details about what transpired.

The article mentioned something about deputies being "authorized" to shoot the wolves.  News flash...ANY animal threatening your or another persons life can be killed by any of us...there is no permission or "authorization" needed from anyone else. :twocents:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2018, 07:09:41 AM »
Turns out she was surrounded by chipmunks chirping at her and not wolves after all.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 07:38:04 AM »
Our cabin was near there and I saw wolf tracks 3 years ago in that area.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2018, 07:59:36 AM »
It's been almost 20 years that wolves have lived unmolested in WA and it won't be long before they start attacking people.

Well said (as usual Pman) but just to correct/clarify one thing: It's been longer than 20 years that wolves have gone unmolested in WA. 

Wolves have definitely been in the state for almost 30 years now (maybe longer).  I saw a pack back in 1991.  And that pack was known to exist by WDFW since they had warning signs posted near trail-heads.  So, they've had a long time to hang out and not be shot or trapped or otherwise molested.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
Well, we'll see more of this shortly. Thanks for the correction.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2018, 08:42:12 AM »
I just saw a post on the Facebook calling it a “wolf attack.”  Seemed like a stretch to me. Who knows if they had her “treed” or if she saw the wolves and climbed a tree while simultaneously peeing herself. I’ve seen enough “grizzly bear encounters” which are actually blond or cinnamon phase black bear encounters to know that sometimes things get blown out of proportion, especially on social media.
:yeah:
Glad she's ok...but not a lot of details about what transpired.

The article mentioned something about deputies being "authorized" to shoot the wolves.  News flash...ANY animal threatening your or another persons life can be killed by any of us...there is no permission or "authorization" needed from anyone else. :twocents:

...media dramatization...
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2018, 08:45:32 AM »
Doesn't surprise me and I don't doubt this will become more common. Also doesn't surprise me that some of the hugging moderators try to down play this.

Riiiight.
I’m going to predict very strong odds of it happening again during the week of August 5th, possibly in the Teanaway. 

What the heck makes that worth a thousand bucks? Maybe I'll put together a wolf tracking class for 750. Who is even going to sign up for that?

Wilderness Awareness School is in Duvall.  It's a group of hippies teaching classes on how to be hippies, preferably without shoes. I see multiple people each year moving to Duvall to attend the school.
https://www.wildernessawareness.org/about/about

Here's the wolf class info.  There was a map at one point, but I can't find it now. I believe the class will take place in the Teanaway area.
https://wildernessawareness.org/adult-programs/wolf-tracking-expedition
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
"How to survive as a vegan in the woods." Good luck! This should be interesting. I wonder if firearms are allowed. Likely not.

Offline mdbuck5x5

• Longhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2018, 09:13:12 AM »
Just curious why is this story a dramatization or fabricated? Any proof of that? I don't believe everything I read but I also don't discredit them either off a guess!  :twocents:

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2018, 09:21:23 AM »
Some people are naturally suspicious of the press. Some people refuse to believe that the cuddly wolf is a danger to man at all. I believe you're seeing a mixture of those being played out here.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]