collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Connecting gun sales to wildlife  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
Bruce Vandervort

Offline shmacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
Re: Connecting gun sales to wildlife
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 09:18:58 AM »
Sounds like the author is proposing a tax on other outdoor products, say, a backpack tax.  Everyone should be in favor of that, right?!

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
I'm curious about these trappers advocating for gun bans but I like the realization that outdoors people who don't hunt or fish really aren't contributing. I'm fine with the pitman Roberts tax and I'd support broadening it's reach to more outdoor related items as well. More money for wildlife is fine by me no matter where it comes from.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
I'm curious about these trappers advocating for gun bans but I like the realization that outdoors people who don't hunt or fish really aren't contributing. I'm fine with the pitman Roberts tax and I'd support broadening it's reach to more outdoor related items as well. More money for wildlife is fine by me no matter where it comes from.

I'm unsure I agree. The PR funds we supply give hunters (and fishers) a unique status and a certain protection of our hunting privileges. As ignorant anti-hunters push to remove our privileges, the realization by the general voting public that when hunting goes, so goes the funding for wildlife conservation, is a powerful tool to protect our heritage in the mind of that public. Although I agree that more is better with regards to wildlife conservation funding, keeping our dominance of that funding helps to ensure our future in the sport.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 09:40:38 AM »
I'm not sure where I heard it, but believe broadening the P&R D&J taxes have been fought by the sporting goods industry In the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »

I'm unsure I agree. The PR funds we supply give hunters (and fishers) a unique status and a certain protection of our hunting privileges. As ignorant anti-hunters push to remove our privileges, the realization by the general voting public that when hunting goes, so goes the funding for wildlife conservation, is a powerful tool to protect our heritage in the mind of that public. Although I agree that more is better with regards to wildlife conservation funding, keeping our dominance of that funding helps to ensure our future in the sport.

Does our disproportionate financial contribuition really give us any additional leverage against anti hunting attacks? Seems we directly reap the benefits through the wildlife conservation side but I don't believe it's winning us any political battles.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal