collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting Partners for Twin lakes BLM/ Swanson Lake area?  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Hurtaale000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Hunting Partners for Twin lakes BLM/ Swanson Lake area?
« on: August 30, 2018, 10:56:26 AM »
Hey fellow archers,

My Name is Alejandro (Alex for short) I am fairly new to this forum and I am going to be checking out the Twin lakes BLM area this year for the first time, I am from north of Bellingham so it is a bit away and my hunting partners flaked. Therefore, just wanted to see if anyone wanted to team up and cover ground together, or if you will be in the area just chat it up! That way at least someone knows I am in the area haha! I am pretty chill, 23 and have hunted my whole life, Let me know if you'll be out there! Happy Hunting:)

Offline JJD

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
Re: Hunting Partners for Twin lakes BLM/ Swanson Lake area?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »
Have been in that area a number of times cuz I live an hour to the east.
Not much cover there as it is mostly grasses and scab rock. Have seen a number of deer in that area, but Archery spot and stock would be difficult.
Google maps may help ya, but that is still pretty much 2 dimensional. 
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.

Offline argali

• Tracker
Re: Hunting Partners for Twin lakes BLM/ Swanson Lake area?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 01:37:11 PM »
Hey I've hunted there a lot, its better for birds, quail, turkey and waterfowl than deer in my opinion. You'll see lots of old sign from springtime. I believe the reason for this is because after the green up in spring everything dries out and the deer move to the private land surrounding the area because of the agriculture. That's just my observations. Good luck!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal