collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.  (Read 21501 times)

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
Re: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
Thanks for the FYI.
Could you share the info?
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 05:34:59 AM »
Dout he’ll be back oh mah.    It’s like kfhunter said. We are hunting “their” spots.  Dosent matter that 99% of us are doing it right. Still going to get the stink eye and the negative comments.  You can go to just about any state and the locals will be trash talking the out of towers in some fashion, this state included.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:40:17 AM by jasnt »
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline elkboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 06:54:02 AM »
I hunted the B tag up in NE Montana one year.  I found the locals to be pretty friendly. 

My 2 cents worth might be that doing what any hunter ought to be doing anyway, such as cleaning up after yourself and your camp, getting permission on private land, hunting safely and legally, and being friendly will make you welcome again (and keep license plates from your state also welcome).  As for taking good care of harvested game (dressing and skinning promptly, etc.), that sure couldn't hurt.  It shows the resource is going to go to good use in a home that appreciates it.   

Offline elkboy

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 06:54:50 AM »
And sorry if that came off as a rant or finger-wagging.  Neither intended.

Offline Bigshooter

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 08:55:59 AM »
If it's cold enough we usually hang them with the hide on.  Have you ever seen what a skinned deer looks like after it's hung in the MT cold and wind for a week?  It's a lot like jerky.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 09:04:20 AM »
The Rocky Mountain states better get used to it.
Us westerners are headed East and the takeover ain't gonna be pretty.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »
We just need to make hunting here at home better

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.
Call me confrontational I guess, but I have a hard time thinking that lots of people from Washington only? would be doing this. Maybe I'm being naïve, but really...why would people drive all the way to eastern Montana from here to shoot deer and just leave them? I understand why locals would get upset because a lot of out of towners show up for hunting season and crowd the hunting grounds, but shoot lots of deer and just leave them?

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 09:54:42 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.
Call me confrontational I guess, but I have a hard time thinking that lots of people from Washington only? would be doing this. Maybe I'm being naïve, but really...why would people drive all the way to eastern Montana from here to shoot deer and just leave them? I understand why locals would get upset because a lot of out of towners show up for hunting season and crowd the hunting grounds, but shoot lots of deer and just leave them?

I didn't read his post as meaning they are shooting them and just leaving them. I think he is referring to camps with multiple people having multiple animals unprocessed. I think the point was that it made people think they were greedy. Kind of a 5 guys with 10 doe's stacked up sort of thing? Maybe they see WA plates on the trucks in those camps? Not really sure what his point was though.

I thought KFhunters first post was poignant though...
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline KopperBuck

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Ya, I ain't buying it either. Especially calling them out specifically. I hunt E MT - you see more Minnesota and Dakota plates than anything from our direction. The folks I talked to were wondering what the hell I was doing that far over. Just people complaining about new comers is all. I don't blame them - I don't like new neighbors either. But good lord would some of those places be hurting without an out of state hunting economy.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 10:00:07 AM »

BRING FRESH FISH.......salmon, smoked salmon.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 10:01:43 AM »
My cousins in Idaho call them the "Outdoor Channel wannabe city folk".  They can't stand the out of staters that show up in their pavement princess rigs plastered with Bone Collector and such stickers looking like they just stepped out of a Cabela's catalog.   :chuckle:  They say those are the folks who trespass, trash the woods and leave a bunch of wounded critters to rot.

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 10:03:36 AM »

I use to bring 5 gallon buckets of fresh oysters and purged manilla clams.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Ya, I ain't buying it either. Especially calling them out specifically. I hunt E MT - you see more Minnesota and Dakota plates than anything from our direction. The folks I talked to were wondering what the hell I was doing that far over. Just people complaining about new comers is all. I don't blame them - I don't like new neighbors either. But good lord would some of those places be hurting without an out of state hunting economy.

E WA sees a lot of benefits to the local economy too from W WA hunters. 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 10:05:26 AM »

I use to bring 5 gallon buckets of fresh oysters and purged manilla clams.

Hey you know I might got a 4pt out in the back hay field...just sayin  :chuckle:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal