collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Calling my wife's bluff  (Read 4147 times)

Offline branches

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Calling my wife's bluff
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
I find shooting a bow very therapeutic. Even if she never hunts I'm pretty sure you'll both enjoy the time spent shooting

My family finds this to be true also. Even if you have to shoot in the garage at 10 yards or in the house shooting the bow with the family is a great time.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 07:28:32 PM »
Very cool that's a great gift
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 10:07:53 PM »
My wife and daughter have been shooting bows off and on for a couple years. Maybe a year ago my wife declared she might be interested in shooting a turkey with her bow, then making it for Thanksgiving dinner. I was like ..... ya, ok....whatever.... and that was that. The other night we were out in the garage talking with a friend and she solidified that interest and then told me she was essentially upset with me for not taking her seriously. So.... I guess I'm taking my wife turkey hunting this spring. She even said she might be interested in shooting one with a shotgun. She did throw the disclaimer out that she might change her mind when the time actually comes for the rubber to hit the road.
:dunno:
We'll see where it goes from there.

That's awesome!
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 10:34:58 PM »
I think my wife prefers bow hunting over other methods, modern just happens to be more convenient sometimes for her though.

Good luck with it.   :tup:

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 02:35:22 AM »
I was somebody in the hunting industry a long time ago.  Then I thought to myself, "I wish my girlfriend (now wife) would go bowhunting with me".  Now I'm the worst paid guide and hunting chauffeur ever.  Be careful what you wish for...sometimes wishes do come true! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Tip:  Order a damn good full length arm guard (or two - Long for lower / short for upper) before you give her a longbow.  Good thick leather one!  Women tend to have looser joints in the elbows than men.  And when it comes to trad bows, longbows especially, it's not "IF" they will hit their arm but "HOW OFTEN".  E.W. Bateman makes a great one that laces with our UVR tubing.  Less than $16 from 3 Rivers or Lancaster.  I like the Bateman finger gloves too!  Though most of women I have taught prefer a stiff tab more than a finger glove. 

Also, if she is full chested...a chest protector or at least a good compressing sports bra isn't such a bad idea with trad bows either.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Online nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 06:57:12 AM »
Have you watched Archer's Creek youtube?  Custom string might be good

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal