collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: State will kill remaining 2 wolves of pack killing cattle  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: State will kill remaining 2 wolves of pack killing cattle
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 08:49:15 AM »
I just love the solution. This pack of wolves needs to be eliminated because they prey on cattle. The other packs are the good ones that don’t prey on cattle. They are all wolves, you can’t cull the desire to eat beef out of the species. It’s just dumb.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 09:46:55 AM »
I’m not saying I’m against takingbout the pack. I think they should and I think they need to open up hunting immediately for wolves. They are hear and from what I’ve seen in Idaho you aren’t going to get rid of them so just have an open season and try to slow the damage they do.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 09:50:06 AM »
Here's the current information from an honest source.  :chuckle:

https://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/updates.php

Appears that the Togo and OPT are always in the news.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 07:16:28 AM »
By not taking immediate action when any wolf kills cattle, wolf groups and WDFW are ensuring that the rest of the pack or wolves in the area become cattle killers. :bash:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 08:41:55 PM »
Sounds like Democrat rhetoric to me.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline shallowforks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 09:47:35 PM »
THANK YOU to the WDFW. I appreciate this action very much. While I understand its wrapped up in a whole lot of political bs, I think we could agree that 16 dead cows/calves is too many before this level of action but its a step in the right direction. Its a tough job to take into account all interests but I think protecting ranchers livelihoods should remain a top priority in the wolf management plan. I think Idaho is a great model for us to look at for the future, wolf populations are sustained and safe, ranchers have the ability to protect their herds, and not only have hunters seen some of the best elk hunting the last four years as they have in decades, but they now have an additional species to pursue in the woods. WDFW, lets work toward a model similar to idaho. :tup:

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 12:55:09 PM »
THANK YOU to the WDFW. I appreciate this action very much. While I understand its wrapped up in a whole lot of political bs, I think we could agree that 16 dead cows/calves is too many before this level of action but its a step in the right direction. Its a tough job to take into account all interests but I think protecting ranchers livelihoods should remain a top priority in the wolf management plan. I think Idaho is a great model for us to look at for the future, wolf populations are sustained and safe, ranchers have the ability to protect their herds, and not only have hunters seen some of the best elk hunting the last four years as they have in decades, but they now have an additional species to pursue in the woods. WDFW, lets work toward a model similar to idaho. :tup:

Where are you getting your info?

Idaho commission says wolf-livestock kills hit record in past year

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jul/25/idaho-commission-says-wolf-livestock-kills-hit-rec/

One in Nine wolf predations are confirmed

Imagine the impact on the game herds etc., who's counting them?

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »
By not taking immediate action when any wolf kills cattle, wolf groups and WDFW are ensuring that the rest of the pack or wolves in the area become cattle killers. :bash:

:yeah: :bash: :bash:

Offline shallowforks

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 07:09:10 PM »

Where are you getting your info?

Idaho commission says wolf-livestock kills hit record in past year

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jul/25/idaho-commission-says-wolf-livestock-kills-hit-rec/

One in Nine wolf predations are confirmed

Imagine the impact on the game herds etc., who's counting them?

I got that info directly off of IDFG website. They do admit that there are areas still below objective but overall elk hunting is as good now as its been in a long time.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal