collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I-1639 mega thread  (Read 34760 times)

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: I-1639 mega thread
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2018, 02:34:14 AM »
I'm going to start selling an AR without barrels... or with a smooth bore.

Then its not an assault rifle.

Actually, given the barrel comment, who's to say what an AR lower turns into?  Its not technically an assault rifle.

Offline SGTDuffman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2018, 06:02:56 AM »

Actually, given the barrel comment, who's to say what an AR lower turns into?  Its not technically an assault rifle.

Just build a “pistol”. A barrel shorter than 16” and a pistol brace instead of a buttstock = a pistol. Pistols are not effected by I-1639. There are pistol braces now that attach to regular carbine buffer tubes and are collapsible. They circumvent the ATFs definition of SBR by having a length of pull of less than 13.5”. The ATF has also stated that the incorrect use of a brace, or shouldering it, does not constitute a redesign. Washington defines a pistol as,

(21) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen
inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of
a single hand.

The brace is designed for use of a single hand. You misuse it to shoulder it, but like I said, the ATF has said that such misuse does not constitute a redesign because you are not physically modifying the parts from their intended design.

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2018, 06:59:58 AM »
One more tidbit... 2016 crime data is out.

There were 195 murders in WA in 2016, 127 with guns, 11 with ALL rifle types, 19 with knives, 11 with hands and fists.

Let that sink in... probably 0-2 with assault rifles... probably zero with 10/22s

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2018, 07:05:00 AM »
I just wanted to thank @bigtex for his feedback on this thread.   While some don't, I appreciate his insight and opinions on these types of threads/issues.  So thank you for continuing to post on some of the contentious threads.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2018, 07:19:11 AM »

Semi-auto assault rifles are defined as "any rifle".  There are two "rifle" definitions, the regular "rifle" and "short-barreled rifle" for rifles with barrels under 16".  The way I read it is that any barrel length is covered as "any rifle."  "Rifle" definition does say designed to be shoulder fired, so AR pistols should be outside of that, but who knows.

It is also a bit vague about lowers, a huge loophole would be if you could buy them and the assemble without going through 639, probably only for those over 21 as a lower can currently only be made into either a pistol or semi-auto assault weapon (assuming no smoothbore barrels exist).  It remains to be seen how far out on a limb FFLs will go with selling lowers without complying.  Like the CA button issue a few years back, one might start seeing ARs being sold without barrels, or the upper and lower being simply separated and not sold together.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2018, 07:46:19 AM »
Maybe this has been posted.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline troyspinetar

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2018, 07:52:14 AM »
No firearm of mine will never be referred to as an “assault rifle”. I don’t care how long or short the barrel, the magazine capacity, fire rate, ...etc. I will never allow it. We cannot allow others to refer to OUR firearms as “assault weapons” either. I own a Modern Sporting firearm. I refuse to compete with Libs on how MY firearms are labeled. It’s a waste of my time and energy. The hammer I use to put a roof on my shed could be labeled as an “assault weapon”. Cain murdered Abel with an Flipping rock! It’s one’s own ability to control their actions and personal respect for others that is out of control.
Good thing we legalize marijuana, I love driving the roads with my family in the vehicle knowing that people are under the influence of drugs while operating a motor vehicle at a high rate of speed. There’s no accountability in Washington.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2018, 07:52:20 AM »
Man, that's a grim map.  It seems to be spreading.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2018, 08:16:07 AM »

Not surprised in the slightest at the map. I asked my gf the other day if she had cast her ballot and she said no because she didn't feel educated enough and it brought up the discussion about the demographics of wa. The map proves that point
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »

Not surprised in the slightest at the map. I asked my gf the other day if she had cast her ballot and she said no because she didn't feel educated enough and it brought up the discussion about the demographics of wa. The map proves that point

Meh, not really. Those are the typical counties to vote in completely idiotic things. Whitman has WSU and Spokane is just your typical big city with big city logic. The sad part is that most of the idiot votes come from western Washington and likely from people that have never even been East. They live in what i like to call the "Seattle bubble" and they just cant see life any other way.  :twocents: 
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2018, 08:27:29 AM »

Meh, not really. Those are the typical counties to vote in completely idiotic things. Whitman has WSU and Spokane is just your typical big city with big city logic. The sad part is that most of the idiot votes come from western Washington and likely from people that have never even been East. They live in what i like to call the "Seattle bubble" and they just cant see life any other way.  :twocents:

Yes, I believe we are saying the same thing in different words
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2018, 08:39:10 AM »

Next time, fill out her ballot for her and have her sign it.  :twocents:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:46 AM »

Semi-auto assault rifles are defined as "any rifle".  There are two "rifle" definitions, the regular "rifle" and "short-barreled rifle" for rifles with barrels under 16".  The way I read it is that any barrel length is covered as "any rifle."  "Rifle" definition does say designed to be shoulder fired, so AR pistols should be outside of that, but who knows.

It is also a bit vague about lowers, a huge loophole would be if you could buy them and the assemble without going through 639, probably only for those over 21 as a lower can currently only be made into either a pistol or semi-auto assault weapon (assuming no smoothbore barrels exist).  It remains to be seen how far out on a limb FFLs will go with selling lowers without complying.  Like the CA button issue a few years back, one might start seeing ARs being sold without barrels, or the upper and lower being simply separated and not sold together.

Those thinking they want to buy/sell smoothbore ARs as a loophole need to familiarize themselves with WA and federal restrictions on shotguns and short-barrel shotguns.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »

We have them surrounded.

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2018, 09:26:39 AM »
Maybe this has been posted.

Does the green on the map signify areas of abnormally low testosterone and IQ levels?
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]