collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "Good Morning Sunshine"  (Read 5727 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: "Good Morning Sunshine"
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
It gets asked almost every thread of a big buck.   Not picking on you particularly.  Sore subject I guess.  As if I take a photo of a famous buck it invalidates all the other I take here.  There are bucks here in Washington that will blow your mind.  Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don’t.   I thought you’d all enjoy him. I did.   

Offline DeKuma

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 12:59:28 PM »
Enjoy them is putting it loosely Bone.  As I told you years back and I say now, your pictures are phenomenal and one of the highlights of this site for me personally.
- Scott

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »
People are always going to ask, it's the nature of the beast.

I don't think very many people are nit picking, or accusing you of anything, although I'm sure some stick their nose in the air if it's not a WA public land buck with 10 rifles pointed at it. More than anything, the generally accepted train of thought is that bucks like those are extremely rare in WA and you consistently post pics of animals of that caliber. So people want to know, was that WA, or out of state? I wouldn't have hurt feelings or even a sore spot over it, it's just the never ending case of human curiosity.

For me, it's encouraging to see photos like those. It has helped me grasp the fact that those animals exist and are attainable. Really helps motivate me when I hit the hills.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline Wingin it

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 01:16:47 PM »
Enjoy them is putting it loosely Bone.  As I told you years back and I say now, your pictures are phenomenal and one of the highlights of this site for me personally.

:yeah:

Offline Southpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »
I'm usually curious what state you took the picture in, not a specific area, just the state. I enjoy all your photos regardless of what state but I get a little more prideful when you specify it's from Washington state... sappy, I know  :rolleyes:
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 02:13:26 PM »

I get that every time I post a buck bigger than 140 Silk.  :chuckle:
I almost never shoot on private.  Maybe a deer standing on private while I’m not(on road or parcel next door).  I hate door knocking.

I’ve never shot on a preserve where there is no hunting, such as Arsenal in CO.  I’d love to if not to just to see the critters.  There are some amazing ones.   I’ve shot several refuges which all allow some sort of hunting but limited, like the Bison range.  I’ve shot on the Malheur which you can’t hunt on, but all the bucks come from units hunted hard, and for the most part are spooky as hell. Plus they are poached something fierce which is a problem everywhere.  Obviously the more limited the hunting is, the better chance for bigger bucks.  Migration is also key in many places.  More and more I’m traveling out of state.   My bread and butter for years was the Methow.   Not any longer.   Idabooner hasn’t seen much of me lately.   If I had the money I’d be on the North Rim right now. If I had the knowledge I’d be at the Henry’s. I approach everyone of my photo shoots as a hunt.  Such as the story I had with this buck.  Yesterday I shot in my backyard. Tomorrow I might be in Oregon.   I go where it fits in my life.

I’ve got a question.  Would you guys prefer I don’t post the photos I take if I don’t take them here in Washington? I’ve stated on here multiple times I get tired of being asked where.   I know multiple guys that stopped posting big buck pictures because of this.  You guys are missing out on some fantastic photography.   I had a great time finding and filming this deer.   It’s funny I have to explain myself.

No way, Bone. Post 'em all! Your photography is stunning. I think the people asking are just curious that these fantastic animals might be living in WA.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Southpole

• Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »

I almost never shoot on private.  Maybe a deer standing on private while I’m not(on road or parcel next door).  I hate door knocking.

I’ve never shot on a preserve where there is no hunting, such as Arsenal in CO.  I’d love to if not to just to see the critters.  There are some amazing ones.   I’ve shot several refuges which all allow some sort of hunting but limited, like the Bison range.  I’ve shot on the Malheur which you can’t hunt on, but all the bucks come from units hunted hard, and for the most part are spooky as hell. Plus they are poached something fierce which is a problem everywhere.  Obviously the more limited the hunting is, the better chance for bigger bucks.  Migration is also key in many places.  More and more I’m traveling out of state.   My bread and butter for years was the Methow.   Not any longer.   Idabooner hasn’t seen much of me lately.   If I had the money I’d be on the North Rim right now. If I had the knowledge I’d be at the Henry’s. I approach everyone of my photo shoots as a hunt.  Such as the story I had with this buck.  Yesterday I shot in my backyard. Tomorrow I might be in Oregon.   I go where it fits in my life.

I’ve got a question.  Would you guys prefer I don’t post the photos I take if I don’t take them here in Washington? I’ve stated on here multiple times I get tired of being asked where.   I know multiple guys that stopped posting big buck pictures because of this.  You guys are missing out on some fantastic photography.   I had a great time finding and filming this deer.   It’s funny I have to explain myself.

No way, Bone. Post 'em all! Your photography is stunning. I think the people asking are just curious that these fantastic animals might be living in WA.
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline BrownGoinDown

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 02:22:10 PM »

:yeah:

I could care less if they come from NW Trek to be honest, I just like looking at headgear!! It's always fun to know when they come from Washington for sure (which is one of the many reasons why I buy the calendars every year), because I think it just gives us all a glimmer of hope in this state. I just was surprised when I saw the buck on Doyle's feed, and was just curious, thought maybe you were working for him  :lol4: Honestly Bone, post them all. I wouldn't discount any buck, regardless of location, to get in photo range of a giant buck takes a lot, hell, I've never been in rifle range of one...

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »
I'm not too proud to look at your photos regardless of where taken.  Bucks, bulls, bears, ducks, butterflies - they're all fantastic and make this site more enjoyable. 
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Killmore

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »
I am with doublelung, but I would like to see just a state posted with every buck. It kind of makes me dream of the possibilities

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »
Thank you all for the support.   Beau, we are good enough friends, we'll share pics from the garden or the ridge whether we are on here or not. 

Killmore, probably not going to happen.   One of the main reasons.... I am trying to protect where many of my instate photos are taken.  I wont lie to people, and I usually like to try to help people when asked.   I feel uncomfortable ignoring people.  Sometimes folks take advantage of this.  If you are well travelled enough, its fairly easy to tell about where my photos are taken.  If I mix it up, it adds some mystery, some doubt.  Out of respect to those that hunt these areas or may have given me a tip, I'd like to keep it a mystery yet share the photos.  Whether anyone agrees with this, my policy is to ignore it.  Unless specifically noted I probably wont divulge.

Back to the photo, the buck.  Thank you.   When compared to last years photo of him, youll be surprised.

Offline hunt6226

• Hunter
  • Groups: nra, sci
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »
Bone,  Keep posting please. I lay awake at times dreaming about some of the bucks you have posted pics of on here. Not only are they eye candy you are a fabulous photographer. Thanks,

Offline ASHQUACK

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »
I see all these "where were you posts" as more of an actual compliment instead of a put down.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
Bone,

I'm probably guilt of asking what state on one or more of your other threads.

I didn't know it was a sore subject, and I am absolutely blown away by the skill you bring to this.

I look at my calendar almost every day..........

Your pics are a fantastic highlight.

I know for me (and I assume for almost everyone) when I've asked, it was never with a jaundiced eye,........   really just out of amazement and appreciation.

I'll try not to ask again.........   

THANK YOU for adding so much to the site.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline LongBomb

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »
Bone,

I'm probably guilt of asking what state on one or more of your other threads.

I didn't know it was a sore subject, and I am absolutely blown away by the skill you bring to this.

I look at my calendar almost every day..........

Your pics are a fantastic highlight.

I know for me (and I assume for almost everyone) when I've asked, it was never with a jaundiced eye,........   really just out of amazement and appreciation.

I'll try not to ask again.........   

THANK YOU for adding so much to the site.

:yeah: Thanks Bone they are awesome photos keep em coming. :tup: Maybe in your signature line at the bottom write dont ask where my pics are taken or something along those lines. I know i did when i became a member and went back through the photos. How many more ppl will become members in the future and never see this thread and ask you?  :dunno: just my thoughts.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]