collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eastman's or Carters Huntin Fool  (Read 3978 times)

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
Eastman's or Carters Huntin Fool
« on: November 26, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
Which one of these magazines do you guys who are familiae with them find the most useful?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Eastman's or Carters Huntin Fool
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
I’ve really been enjoying epic outdoors.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bigshooter

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 04:08:33 PM »
Which one of these magazines do you guys who are familiae with them find the most useful?

Garth doesn't own the huntin fool anymore.  And I would go with Epic Outdoors.  Jason Cater is one of the main guys at Epic.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline grade-creek-rd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »
 I prefer Western Hunting Journal...it's published in Portland, Oregon and focuses on hunts we can all do, both locally and around the west. It is professionally done, great photos, written by actual writers as well as a "reader story", and provides info on western states. It is a fairly new magazine which means that it isn't the "same issue, different photos" like a few of the other ones out there and it's not "high end nobody can afford this stuff"...

https://www.westernhuntingjournal.com/

Grade
There's more to life than hunting...there's fishing too!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 07:30:57 PM »
I gave up my Eastmans subscription, not much there with the options out there these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 09:17:24 PM »
I am seeing that in Eastmans. Same ol same ol. I was not aware of these other publications. Will look at them. Thanks all.

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:45:09 PM »
I only looked at pictures in Eastmans - not my type of read.   I liked Deer and Deer hunting, but I let the subscription lapse. It's a WT based, QDM/quas.i-science based mag. that's a decent read.  Western Hunting Journal is OK, but really mostly out of state hunts.  Oregon Hunter's Association puts out a quarterly mag. that is all local topics, which is nice.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 10:26:54 AM »
I prefer Western Hunting Journal...it's published in Portland, Oregon and focuses on hunts we can all do, both locally and around the west. It is professionally done, great photos, written by actual writers as well as a "reader story", and provides info on western states. It is a fairly new magazine which means that it isn't the "same issue, different photos" like a few of the other ones out there and it's not "high end nobody can afford this stuff"...

Grade
X2
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 10:41:15 AM »

Grade

I took the OP's thread/question more along the lines of the magazines or services that have memberships and provide draw odds, harvest stats, etc like Eastman's Member Research Supplement.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
 :yeah:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 11:34:03 AM »
Been a member of huntin fool for over 10 years. Great mag and the people are very knowledgeable when you call in. :twocents:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »
Gohunt is another great one stop shop.  While it's not a magazine, their website has a ton of stories, how to's, and gear reviews.  I gave up on magazines.  Stacks and stacks of them went unread so decided what's the point  :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 11:54:38 AM »
The problem with services like Huntin’ Fool that publish information about “best” units is that as soon a unit is proclaimed “the best” it become much more difficult to draw. For many years I hunted an antelope unit in Wyoming that could consistently produce 75-80”+ bucks, and it was possible to draw just about every year. One of the publication highlighted it as a top unit, and the next year it took five points to draw.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Bigshooter

• Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »
The problem with services like Huntin’ Fool that publish information about “best” units is that as soon a unit is proclaimed “the best” it become much more difficult to draw. For many years I hunted an antelope unit in Wyoming that could consistently produce 75-80”+ bucks, and it was possible to draw just about every year. One of the publication highlighted it as a top unit, and the next year it took five points to draw.

If one of the magazines listed it, it means don't apply for it anymore.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

Offline Bigshooter

• Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
Gohunt is another great one stop shop.  While it's not a magazine, their website has a ton of stories, how to's, and gear reviews.  I gave up on magazines.  Stacks and stacks of them went unread so decided what's the point  :chuckle:

Emags

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal