collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sitka fan boys  (Read 7353 times)

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
Sitka fan boys
« on: December 21, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
I like Sitka gear but keeping anti gun anti hunting environmental consultant employed by a company that makes hunting gear is crazy

Charles Post

https://m.facebook.com/603489906720334/posts/644595569276434/

Up on rockslide

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/general-discussion-forum/114329-weasel.html

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Sitka fan boys
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
He appears to no longer be a Sitka rep.  Strange :tup:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 10:48:07 AM »
he just removed that from his profile.  I'd like to see an official statement from sitka on this and not the copy and paste one they sent to everyone who emailed and the one they respond to comments with on IG.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 11:06:50 AM »
he just removed that from his profile.  I'd like to see an official statement from sitka on this and not the copy and paste one they sent to everyone who emailed and the one they respond to comments with on IG.

Agreed.  I've become a little more leery of some of the big names in hunting and their lack of response on this issue.  I'd really like to hear Steven Rinella, Randy Newberg, Donnie Vincent, etc. state something concrete.  I have felt for awhile that their affiliation with BHA and other groups has put them in a position where they don't want to talk about guns (other than "hunting" rifles).

Offline ribka

• Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 11:07:56 AM »

Still listed as Sitka employee on his linked in

The guy in the video next the Post is the owner of Toms shoes and has contributed a lot of money to anti hunting groups

Silence from Sitka on this is disturbing

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 11:11:40 AM »
Give them a week or so.  It's around Christmas and this is a big deal.  They probably need a lot of sign-offs from people high up in the chain.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
Sitka has probably done more Outreach and charity in The Hunting Community in the last decade than any other company out there. I am highly doubting but they are in support of this hence the reason the video was pulled. They are in a tough spot and probably a lose-lose because if they do nothing then we will eat them alive but if they *censored*can the guy then they are going to be labeled as anti First Amendment and viciously attacked by the left I am sure. I2 impatiently waiting for an articulated response.

As for all the other personalities that are on the payroll I am sure they have been instructed to keep quiet until Sitka has released an official statement. Personally don't feel that Randy or Corey or any of the others need to give this clown the time of day. The less that everyone talks about them the less there message travels. :twocents:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »
Unfortunately, it’s probably going to be a win no matter what for this Charles guy.  If Sitka doesn’t come out condemning/disassociating from him he gets to soak it all in, which from what I can see, is what drives his existence.  If Sitka does cut bait, he gets to continue as a social justice hero who was martyred from the hunting community.

This is a prime example of why the whole social media/look at me explosion is having a negative impact on everyday society, and why I refuse to participate.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 03:01:09 PM »
That's pretty depressing and shocking that nonsense coming from someone who works in the hunting industry. I already disliked Sitka for what I think is overpriced gear that does NOT hold up. They also wont repair in my experience and wanted to charge me to send my pants back that they said were beyond repair! The pants saw limited use for one fall hunting season.  They suck, this is just further evidence of why everyone should just go back to wool pants! The fake cowboy in the video is a tool

Offline SemperFidelis97

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 03:32:18 PM »
I am going to hold judgement to see how the company handles this publicly, this isn't a ma, and pa shop they have allot of people in the chain of command that this needs to go through.  Couple that with the holidays I wouldn't imagine there would be a response before next week.  As far as the comments on the quality of their gear, call me dubious of your claims.   I use the hell out of my gear not only for hunting, but backpacking, snowshoeing etc.  I have had exactly one failure on a pit seam on my old first generation Sitka celsius jacket, Sitka went out of their way to make it right.  They paid the shipping for the repair, and when they said they couldn't guarantee the integrity of the repair they offered me a brand new jacket of my choice to replace it.  The Sitka pieces I own are all as well made as any of the other non-hunting brand mountain gear I own, and some of those pieces were much more expensive than what I have paid for most of the Sitka gear I own.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 04:01:52 PM »
 :yeah:

I’ve never had a piece of Sitka gear wear out. I’ve had 2 replaced under warranty and have been very pleased with the customer service and gear.

The first one was some ascent pants that a seam ripped out, they replaced them and have held up great.

The second was a set of rain pants that I tore to crap in New Zealand, I emailed to ask if the could be repaired and they offered to replace them because a snap was broke. 

It would be a shame if they supported that dudes views.

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »
I am going to hold judgement to see how the company handles this publicly, this isn't a ma, and pa shop they have allot of people in the chain of command that this needs to go through.  Couple that with the holidays I wouldn't imagine there would be a response before next week.  As far as the comments on the quality of their gear, call me dubious of your claims.   I use the hell out of my gear not only for hunting, but backpacking, snowshoeing etc.  I have had exactly one failure on a pit seam on my old first generation Sitka celsius jacket, Sitka went out of their way to make it right.  They paid the shipping for the repair, and when they said they couldn't guarantee the integrity of the repair they offered me a brand new jacket of my choice to replace it.  The Sitka pieces I own are all as well made as any of the other non-hunting brand mountain gear I own, and some of those pieces were much more expensive than what I have paid for most of the Sitka gear I own.

:tup: glad to hear they are working out for at least you! my recent experience with Sitka is not good but I haven't bought a lot of Sitka I think its overpriced. I guess the threads not about the price or quality of there gear.     

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 04:18:01 PM »

I’ve never had a piece of Sitka gear wear out. I’ve had 2 replaced under warranty and have been very pleased with the customer service and gear.

The first one was some ascent pants that a seam ripped out, they replaced them and have held up great.

The second was a set of rain pants that I tore to crap in New Zealand, I emailed to ask if the could be repaired and they offered to replace them because a snap was broke. 

They refused to replace or repair the ascent pants I sent in after one season of archery and wanted to charge me just to send the pants back to me! Offered to recycle for free. They must just hate me  :chuckle:

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »

They refused to replace or repair the ascent pants I sent in after one season of archery and wanted to charge me just to send the pants back to me! Offered to recycle for free. They must just hate me  :chuckle:
Lol! That sucks. Can’t fault a guy for building his own opinion through experience tho  :tup:

Offline ribka

• Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
Their gear is hit or miss and a bit pricier than gear just as good but that’s not the point

Why would sitka align themselves with someone who is anti hunting and anti gun from Berkeley CA?

A five minute search on google reveals an anti hunting , anti
Gun self important anti hunting hippy clown addicted to selfies on social media. should have raised an
Alarm for Sitka

Are they trying to expand their clientele base?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Deadeyety
[Today at 05:12:44 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]