collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sitka fan boys  (Read 7347 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Sitka fan boys
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 07:33:11 PM »
I think their lefties facts are a little off, as usual. I'd like for him to list the 300 mass shootings this year starting with the number and work backwards, GO!
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »
I think their lefties facts are a little off, as usual. I'd like for him to list the 300 mass shootings this year starting with the number and work backwards, GO!

Not that hard to find if you google it and the number is actually up to 307 at the moment. The bigger question is what are they counting as a MASS shooting? We all know a large part of these are probably gang related Not to mention the murder suicide. Once you take those two out of the equation I bet their number is much smaller but wouldn't make as much of an impact.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hoamericaw-many-mass-shootings-in--this-year-2018-2
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
I know when I need stats on violent firearm related crime I always consult a young and dumb hippy amateur photographer and a women’s shoe salesman.

WTF was Sitka thinking associating themselves with this inexperienced hapless idiot?

Not that hard to find if you google it and the number is actually up to 307 at the moment. The bigger question is what are they counting as a MASS shooting? We all know a large part of these are probably gang related Not to mention the murder suicide. Once you take those two out of the equation I bet their number is much smaller but wouldn't make as much of an impact.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hoamericaw-many-mass-shootings-in--this-year-2018-2

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 06:49:50 AM »
What's this guys position with sitka?

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 07:03:03 AM »
"Conservation Lead" as of last week, but nobody knows at this point.

Offline Dhoey07

• Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »
I like Sitka gear but keeping anti gun anti hunting environmental consultant employed by a company that makes hunting gear is crazy

Charles Post

https://m.facebook.com/603489906720334/posts/644595569276434/

Up on rockslide

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/general-discussion-forum/114329-weasel.html

The guy has his own opinions  :dunno: :dunno:  I didn't see in his post where he was speaking on behalf of Sitka, maybe I missed something. 

I really don't understand some people's outrage and hyper sensitivity. 

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 07:47:00 AM »
What's this guys position with sitka?

looking at a comment Steven Drake made on Sitka's IG page I believe they have parted ways with the guy. Not sure though.

People are pissed because the guy he made a video with was the leader of the "Shoot-em-with-a-camera" movement which was a major contributor in getting the Wyoming grizzly bear hunt shut down.  He was advocating for further gun restriction with a known anti hunter while he was a contractor for Sitka Gear. 

Just look up shoot em with a camera and Blake Mycoskie and youll see why the hunting community is bothered by the video Charles Post chose to upload.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 07:49:43 AM »

IIRC the CDC/FBI consider 6 or more victims as a mass shooting, where as lately the Media has taken it upon themselves to change that number to 4.  This increases the number of incidents that are considered "mass shootings" dramatically.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/verify/verify-heres-why-no-one-can-agree-on-the-number-of-mass-shootings-in-2018/65-612754479

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 08:15:09 AM »
I like Sitka gear but keeping anti gun anti hunting environmental consultant employed by a company that makes hunting gear is crazy

Charles Post

Up on rockslide

The guy has his own opinions  :dunno: :dunno:  I didn't see in his post where he was speaking on behalf of Sitka, maybe I missed something. 

Here's the reality:  Sitka is a lifestyle brand.  The only people who buy Sitka are hunters.  When the add staff to their leadership positions, including endorsements and "conservation lead" positions, they automatically are speaking for Sitka, regardless of whether or not they say that they are.  If they choose to allow someone to put "Sitka" anywhere in their title, they need to know that person is pushing the ideals that they hold strong. 

If Sitka kept this bozo around after this, there is zero chance that I would contribute to their bottom line. 

Offline Dhoey07

• Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

Charles Post

Up on rockslide

Here's the reality:  Sitka is a lifestyle brand.  The only people who buy Sitka are hunters.  When the add staff to their leadership positions, including endorsements and "conservation lead" positions, they automatically are speaking for Sitka, regardless of whether or not they say that they are.  If they choose to allow someone to put "Sitka" anywhere in their title, they need to know that person is pushing the ideals that they hold strong. 

If Sitka kept this bozo around after this, there is zero chance that I would contribute to their bottom line.

If you look hard enough, you could find issues and disagreements with any company or any one.

Do feel better about Sitka now that they cut ties with this guy?  Do you think that this guys opinions are different now then when he was hired in August?  I'm sure Sitka researched his social media before hiring, I think most private companies do that now. 

"People are pissed because the guy he made a video with was the leader of the "Shoot-em-with-a-camera" movement which was a major contributor in getting the Wyoming grizzly bear hunt shut down.  He was advocating for further gun restriction with a known anti hunter while he was a contractor for Sitka Gear."  If he wasn't full on anti-hunter before, I wonder if he is now.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2018, 09:30:36 AM »
I think you and I are probably just interested in different arguments here.

Sitka is a leading brand in this space.  If they don't take a stance, then we may as well consider hunting to be saturated by an anti-2A authority.

This guy (and his buddy at TOMS) are calling for cash donations to promote lobbying for unconstitutional laws that ban firearms.  If you want to stick to the "That's his opinion, he has a right to it", that's fine.  Free market capitalism generally disagrees with that sentiment. 

Curtis

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2018, 09:32:47 AM »
If you look hard enough, you could find issues and disagreements with any company or any one.

This is pretty much irrelevant.  It's not like they were checking on his religion, stance on gay marriage, or position on the Israeli/Palestinian relations.

Guns are an integral part of the hunting community, and this is a hunting brand.  If you're the CEO of Sitka and one of your leads is calling for gun control, you have a problem. 

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
I don't know, it's not like he is a policy maker for sitka from the sounds of it. How aligned does someones non work life need to be with their work life before they are non compatible? I'd bet it wouldn't be a hard sell to find someone advocating on social media for more gun laws from any other outdoor or hunting company that has over 100 employees.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2018, 11:31:54 AM »
I don't know, it's not like he is a policy maker for sitka from the sounds of it. How aligned does someones non work life need to be with their work life before they are non compatible? I'd bet it wouldn't be a hard sell to find someone advocating on social media for more gun laws from any other outdoor or hunting company that has over 100 employees.

He's not an assembler of Sitka material or the Joe working in Receiving.  He's on the leadership team and holds a position where he is supposed to megaphone the corporate values.  The expectations are different and they absolutely have legal grounds to toss his butt on the street.

Hunting is a polarized topic and guns go right along with it.  If you start a hunting business you're already taking a political stance on hot topics and your leadership team needs to toe the line with your positions. 

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2018, 03:55:02 PM »
What more do the sitka haters want out of them?  They fired him.  He gone.  I think it's time to move on and find another one of our own to burn......
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull