collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Radio Collared "WOLF IN TOWN" this morning, WDFW called  (Read 24160 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Radio Collared "WOLF IN TOWN" this morning, WDFW called
« on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:04 PM »
A reliable source called to tell me that a wolf was spotted in the town of Blue Creek this morning, standing in the middle of the main street in the middle of town, between the store and the railroad tracks.  The person who saw the wolf called WDFW immediately and was told they could protect themself (not sure of exact wording) if needed. In about 45 minutes a helicopter showed up that appeared to be herding the wolf up onto Iron Mountain. Numerous other people saw the helicopter and saw another helicopter shortly afterward flying around the Colville Valley. This is within a several mile stretch of the Colville Valley where dozens of wolf sightings have occurred during the last couple years.

I live in a pretty heavily human populated area only two miles from Colville, a neighbor only about 1/4 mile away says they have trail cam photos of wolves in their back yard! I'm going to have to build a high fenced kennel to protect my dogs!  :bash:

We need some wolf management in Stevens County. :bash:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Radio Collared "WOLF IN TOWN" this morning, WDFW called
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »
If you had young ones it's time to build those bus stops!

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 04:07:59 PM »
My wife commented, there are kids that stand there to get picked up in Blue Creek and all along the Colville Valley. :bash:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Southpole

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 04:21:56 PM »
Makes me sick to know they are more than willing to spend money on flight time for wolves, what a waste of money and resources... and for what :dunno: 
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »
Do you guys think wolves are actually a threat to kids waiting at a bus stop? Serious question, not just being a jerk.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »
Do you guys think wolves are actually a threat to kids waiting at a bus stop? Serious question, not just being a jerk.

I think it is a serious concern for people who kids are actually standing waiting for the bus in areas where wolves are being seen!

Let me ask this, how would you feel?

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 04:40:54 PM »

I think it is a serious concern for people who kids are actually standing waiting for the bus in areas where wolves are being seen!

I don’t have kids so that is why I asked. I just know that growing up our bus dropped us at the bottom of our hill and we walked home which was a little over a mile in a wooded area. We had bears and cats around our houses but it was never a concern. Question was purely out of curiousity
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 04:46:36 PM »

It was a legit problem in NM when I was there. I saw the cages and wondered what they were.   Brought it up with a warden that visited our camp.  He explained the reports and fears etc.   it was eye opening.

We have grown men here afraid of their shadow that won’t go in the woods without more heat than Rambo.   Put a 9 year old out there by themsemselves or with their 10 year old brother.   It’s a legit concern.   

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Radio Collared &quot;WOLF IN TOWN&quot; this morning, WDFW called
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 04:47:51 PM »

I don’t have kids so that is why I asked. I just know that growing up our bus dropped us at the bottom of our hill and we walked home which was a little over a mile in a wooded area. We had bears and cats around our houses but it was never a concern. Question was purely out of curiousity

He makes a legit point.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 06:45:21 PM »

It was a legit problem in NM when I was there. I saw the cages and wondered what they were.   Brought it up with a warden that visited our camp.  He explained the reports and fears etc.   it was eye opening.

We have grown men here afraid of their shadow that won’t go in the woods without more heat than Rambo.   Put a 9 year old out there by themsemselves or with their 10 year old brother.   It’s a legit concern.   

Good point Bone!!

Just review the threads about the members who are asking what they need to carry just in case.
The other point is that when most of the older folks on here caught the bus. The bears and the cats where shot at enough they had a healthy fear of humans.
Unfortunately wolves have not been taught that respect. 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 06:50:33 PM »
the woods are not as "safe" as when I was a kid, I hiked all over but there were guys running hounds all over, cats and other predators had a very healthy fear of people.

Not so much, generations of predators haven't learned that fear, the fear they learn as a small cub, pup or kit from their mothers.  Each new generation of litters loosing a little bit more fear.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 07:04:50 PM »

Good point Bone!!

Just review the threads about the members who are asking what they need to carry just in case.
The other point is that when most of the older folks on here caught the bus. The bears and the cats where shot at enough they had a healthy fear of humans.
Unfortunately wolves have not been taught that respect.
Serious question.  Why aren't more hippies attacked by wolves? I've never come across one with more than bear spray and that's usually a rarity.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »
Of the times I've been surrounded by wolves I've looked around, and I have yet to see a hippy standing there with me.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »
It must be the smell.  :chuckle: the ones I was near on my bison hunt had this smell to them that I thought it was a biggie. :chuckle:  bear spray smelled better.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 07:17:42 PM »
Of the times I've been surrounded by wolves I've looked around, and I have yet to see a hippy standing there with me.
How many times have you been surrounded?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal