collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any Game Wardens use this website?  (Read 11871 times)

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Re: Any Game Wardens use this website?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 09:45:22 AM »
I can tell you first hand they are on here watching this forum......which I inherently don't have a problem with.  The problem comes in how they proceed with their "investigation" (if you will) and assume the person is guilty untill proven innocent.  They have no shame in their game and cuase me to think my house was being cased and my children were not safe.  This warden talked to my 11 y.o. daughter to see if I was home....never anounced who he was and never ask to speak to my wife (who was home).  He then proceeded to sit at the end of my driveway for 5 minutes before leaving.  I was in Canada on a moose hunt for 3 weeks and didn't have any answers to who this mysterious person was until almost three months later.  Even then.....in his mind.....I was guilty until I proved my innocence.   Had he talked to my wife he could have gotten his answers and been done with it immediately.  Then my wife and daughter wouldn't have wondered who this guy was and worried for three weeks until I got home.  Ended up he was a pretty cool dude, but the process was flat out wrong.  I told him what I thought about the process and he justified it by saying he didn't want me coming up with a story to contradict what he was investigating......DUMB AND RECKLESS.  I offered him to come by and pick up a moose steak in an attempt to show him how real adults approach situations and treat each other.  He declined...... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: 

Again...pretty decent dude when we got to the bottom of it.  Not cool how he went about his business.  Me and my daughter had a talk about how to deal with situations like this in the future (talk to people we don't know).  I have no concerns that they are watching as I am always on the up and up....but this event caused me add security / surveilance to my property. 

Offline Wazukie

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »
I didn't think Washington State had "Game Wardens" anymore.  :dunno:
Matthew 6:33

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 10:00:34 AM »
There was one on here years ago and would openly answer questions, as I recall he was asked by his chain of command to not do that any more.

.....and that's pathetic as hell. He doesn't have disclose his name, just that he's a warden.

It's not WDFW, Alaska State Troopers and many police agencies have stopped this practice.   He's is basically giving legal opinions without being a member of the bar.   Also, what he stated on this or any other board could be used as a defence by somebody accused of a wildlife crime, even if the quoted statements are taken out of context.   Too many issues.
\

yep was too good for us to "ask the expert" the internet is NOT your friend (from any legal point) period...enter at your own risk...

I have a wardens number in my phone from when my son took hunter safety. He said that I could call him any time if I ever had a question.
Question: Can my son (16) legally go bird hunting by himself?
I called the game dept. I then got passed around to three different people and all three had different answers the last person told me that I should call the sheriff's office and ask them because the game dept does not have a min age but it would be illegal for a minor to possess a firearm without me present, which I did and they told me that they would not enforce a law like that in their county (Kittitas and Grant) but careful if he is in King county.  Then I remembered that I had the game wardens number. I called him and he looked up the RCW and he educated me in a way that no one else could. Turns out it is fine for him to possess a firearm without me if he is using it for hunting.  It has been my experience that Wardens are very smart if you have a question ask one they will have the answer.

But none of that was on the record.   Crucial difference in why they don't answer such questions on a forum.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 10:28:20 AM »
I know of at least three who are members. I know that two of them have become inactive.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 10:30:01 AM »
I miss UCwarden, good guy that wrote a great book about our biggest poaching case ever in wa. He hasn’t been on here for a long time.
He's enjoying his retirement

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 10:38:43 AM »
There was one on here years ago and would openly answer questions, as I recall he was asked by his chain of command to not do that any more.

.....and that's pathetic as hell. He doesn't have disclose his name, just that he's a warden.

It's not WDFW, Alaska State Troopers and many police agencies have stopped this practice.   He's is basically giving legal opinions without being a member of the bar.   Also, what he stated on this or any other board could be used as a defence by somebody accused of a wildlife crime, even if the quoted statements are taken out of context.   Too many issues.
:yeah:
Would be a great resource but too many issues legally.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
One warden told me that social media is his top resource, facebook specifically is his #1 resource.
There are numerous people within WDFW who watch this site for a number of reasons.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 10:53:00 AM »
One warden told me that social media is his top resource, facebook specifically is his #1 resource.
There are numerous people within WDFW who watch this site for a number of reasons.
I have heard that same thing from two different officers in the field.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 11:54:19 AM »

Yes, but I think the OP is asking about WDFW LE as a resource on here, specifically.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 11:59:59 AM »

Yes, but I think the OP is asking about WDFW LE as a resource on here, specifically.

understood  :tup:
not sure if any will speak up, I would suggest calling a regional office
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »

I agree.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 01:59:13 PM »

He's is basically giving legal opinions without being a member of the bar.

Since when did I say he should be on here giving legal opinions without being a member of the bar?  There's legit questions asked by many of members on here weekly.  How doe's having a Warden on here to answer questions even possibly sound like a bad idea? 

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 02:04:31 PM »

He's is basically giving legal opinions without being a member of the bar.

Since when did I say he should be on here giving legal opinions without being a member of the bar?  There's legit questions asked by many of members on here weekly.  How doe's having a Warden on here to answer questions even possibly sound like a bad idea?

The leos that do make points usually point out an RCW  and  then an example of how they have dealt with it. probably the most honest kind of anonymous answer your going to get IMO.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 02:04:49 PM »

Give a hypothetical question or two

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »
The leos that do make points usually point out an RCW  and  then an example of how they have dealt with it. probably the most honest kind of anonymous answer your going to get IMO.

I think you’re right, but too much chance that the poster could be viewed as an official spokesperson when in fact they are not,  and many chances the answer could morph into legal advice.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]