collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW & WDFW Officers Sued by Tribal Members  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Gopher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: WDFW & WDFW Officers Sued by Tribal Members
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 06:23:16 PM »
I had an unfortunate run in with Willette a few years back on the river.  She was with her Sgt. (Chandler I think) and he had to step in and take her aside to have her cool her jets.  He came back and smoothed things over with me and I often wondered if he was just doing that to head off a complaint or if he was as disgusted with her behavior as I was.

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 08:22:46 PM »

What attitude? The fact that veteran officers didn't think an officer who happened to be female wasn't doing her job? Stats don't lie, she didn't do wildlife work even though she was in a land/wildlife station. She was sent to work Fir Island one weekend and as a result letters were sent by hunters to the Mill Creek Regional Office saying she should never be allowed to work Fir Island again because how she treated them. Even other LEOs in south King County and hunters/anglers in the area did not think highly of her. She willingly moved into a marine position in the same county she lived and did fine. Quite honestly it was a good move for her, she was basically doing the job of a marine officer while working in a land officer position, the transfer fit her better. These things were also mentioned in the Vandivert information he put on his site.

Moving WDFW LE into WSP would be the worst thing to happen to fish and wildlife law enforcement in WA. There's a reason why only two states do it that way, and one of those (Alaska) is also talking about going away from it.

I can tell you that when Alaska went from brown shirts (fish and wildlife) and blue shirts (state troopers) to all blue shirts, It was fish and game investigations that suffered.  For starters, the old brown shirts knew the ins and outs of natural resource laws, and when they were rolled together, it wasn't necessarily one of the old brown shirts who would be investigating fish and game violations. But, the worst thing was there was no longer anyone who's #1 priority was fish and game. The priority was people. And Big Tex is right, Alaska wants to move back to separate divisions. Not sure if that will happen with the new Governor though. Hard to tell where his priorities are yet, other than bankrupting the State.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 09:09:34 PM »
Thank you for sharing, BigTex.

I really appreciate your contributions to the forum.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]