108 (71.1%)
I took the survey against changes
2 (1.3%)
I sent emails
19 (12.5%)
Ive done nothing because im lazy and/or dont care
23 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞  (Read 44103 times)

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞
« Reply #315 on: April 11, 2020, 12:22:06 PM »
Although the two bear tags is a great hunter opportunity/predator management.Im still on the fence about it.
One question though if your raising fall harvest for x amount of years how do you expect to get OTC spring bear hunt.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2020, 12:28:44 PM »
Although the two bear tags is a great hunter opportunity/predator management.Im still on the fence about it.
One question though if your raising fall harvest for x amount of years how do you expect to get OTC spring bear hunt.

For one thing, the spring bear is not an additional bear, it does not increase the bag limit.

For another, wdfw says they do not have an estimate for the bear population, instead they rely on hunter harvest statistics as a surrogate for population estimate.  So by wdfws methods, the more bears killed, the higher they assume the population to be

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2020, 02:23:16 PM »
Even considering much of the state already had a 2 bear limit and august 1st or august 15th openers, still the total statewide fall harvest increased by almost 50% from 2018 to 2019.  :tup:  that extra 685 bears reported killed last fall will help out the deer elk and moose.   

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2020, 06:25:43 PM »
Most of the folks I talked to last year had no idea about the reg change because it wasn't in the paper copy they picked up in spring. I'd bet alot more pressure gets put on them this fall too.

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2020, 12:21:11 AM »
Most of the folks I talked to last year had no idea about the reg change because it wasn't in the paper copy they picked up in spring. I'd bet alot more pressure gets put on them this fall too.

This. There were a lot of people that questioned us last season.
Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2020, 02:11:58 AM »

For one thing, the spring bear is not an additional bear, it does not increase the bag limit.

For another, wdfw says they do not have an estimate for the bear population, instead they rely on hunter harvest statistics as a surrogate for population estimate.  So by wdfws methods, the more bears killed, the higher they assume the population to be
I'm fully aware of how bear population is estimated.So when or if there is a decline in harvest we will lose opportunity.
As you know WDFW has a pretty good record for allowing over harvest ,then taking opportunity away. I've been emailing a few people at WDFW over spring permit numbers ect.It didn't sound as if permits numbers or any kind of spring bear season was gonna change.
But knowing how WDFW is you can see my concern.

Offline HillHound

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2020, 06:29:39 AM »
 If people will get out and put the effort In success rate should not go down. Most people just don’t even go out there hunting And only shoot them incidentally. All you have to do is get out there and try. My brother Was never much into it because he would never see bears. I kept shooting bears in August when there weren’t nearly as many people out and I finally got him over this year and he did get a shot off at one. Unfortunately he just nicked it. He went home and I killed a different one a couple days later then the one he had missed his chance on the week after that. He is now hooked and will be back August 1st.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2020, 06:58:54 AM »

I'm fully aware of how bear population is estimated.So when or if there is a decline in harvest we will lose opportunity.
As you know WDFW has a pretty good record for allowing over harvest ,then taking opportunity away. I've been emailing a few people at WDFW over spring permit numbers ect.It didn't sound as if permits numbers or any kind of spring bear season was gonna change.

Yeah, i see your concern, it goes in a pattern like this.

We need more predator control!

Oh no, they gave us more predator control, this is bad because if we kill more predators theyll take away our increased predator control!

Serious dude, just stop. 

Whats the point of having opportunity if youre afraid to yse it for fear of it being taken away?

Everybody should make sure not to kill predators so we can have good seasons?

You make no sense, you just look for things to complain about.  I think you enjoy being a massive pessimist naysayer.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:13:25 AM by Bango skank »

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2020, 08:38:22 AM »
Any increase in predator harvest in Washington is a very very good thing.  Bears kill a lot of caves.  A LOT!  I wish they would also make the harvesting of meat optional like Idaho.  I personally take meat, but the ultimate goal of predator hunting is to reduce the numbers.  This especially applies in Washington due to the wolf and lion situation. 

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »

Yeah, i see your concern, it goes in a pattern like this.

We need more predator control!

Oh no, they gave us more predator control, this is bad because if we kill more predators theyll take away our increased predator control!

Serious dude, just stop. 

Whats the point of having opportunity if youre afraid to yse it for fear of it being taken away?

Everybody should make sure not to kill predators so we can have good seasons?

You make no sense, you just look for things to complain about.  I think you enjoy being a massive pessimist naysayer.
:hello:

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »
Just got this info.  Thats a hell of a big jump in 2nd bear tags sold.  Those additional 609 2nd bear tags sold brought in about $15,000 for wdfw, which im sure they will spend wisely  :chuckle:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:05:44 PM by Bango skank »

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #326 on: April 13, 2020, 07:42:19 PM »
Hope they keep it for life
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2020, 07:43:41 PM »
Hope they keep it for life

Have you ever known wdfw to give up a revenue source once they get it?

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »
Just got this info.  Thats a hell of a big jump in 2nd bear tags sold.  Those additional 609 2nd bear tags sold brought in about $15,000 for wdfw, which im sure they will spend wisely  :chuckle:

That's good news. I was one of them, didn't get to fill the second one this year. Lookin forward to two notched bear tags this fall though!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]