collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Walla Walla opener  (Read 2325 times)

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Walla Walla opener
« on: April 05, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »
Anyone hunting the Walla Walla opener? I'm going there opening week to hunt some turkeys and also wine taste with my wife.

I normally do Colville so not familiar with the area. If you PM me a good spot I can help you out with waterfowl or salmon if you ever vacation on the west side.

Also would appreciate info on which restaurants/wineries to try.

Offline GrampasGuns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: WWA, DU, RGS, NWTF
Re: Walla Walla opener
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:23:15 PM »
No idea on turk spots but def go to Bacon and Eggs in Walla Walla. Awesome spot!
The deer are exactly where you find them, and no where you dont!

Offline EasternWaArcher

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »
Mill creek has some feel free that is good. Turkeys all over the place, mostly on peoples front lawn. Be careful not to park anywhere near the driveway of any feel free to hunt land. Most is farmland and those guys get real testy if they can't drive their attachments up their own road because hunters have parked too close.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »
Good to know thanks guys.

Looks like there are some wineries on Mill Creek so that might work out.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
Don't know much on turkey spots, but can offer suggestions on your other question.

For restaurants:  Dinner - Whitehouse-Crawford and Saffron are both good if looking for more of a "date night" with the wife.  Breakfast - Bacon and Eggs as already mentioned. 

Wineries:  I always go to the south side of town to stop by Saviah Cellars; the Funk's are good people with good wine....Richard is an avid archery elk hunter originally from Montana, great guy and fun to talk to if he's there that day.  And right next to them Sleight of Hand, Va Piano, and Bereson are decent.  Quite a few tasting rooms around downtown to walk between.   Mark Ryan, Cayuse, Seven Hills, etc. are good.   If venturing north side of town, the startup wineries at the old airstrip are fun and quite a few other established wineries near that (Cavu, Tamarack, etc.).   

Offline carlyoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 11:55:24 AM »
Was at 3 Rivers a couple weeks ago. When we pulled in to the parking lot there were over a hundred turkeys in the field. We ate at the WallaWalla Steak company in town. All prime steaks and one of the owners owns El Gaucho too. It is great quality. I asked a couple of people in town about turkeys and they all said they were mostly on private and in peoples yards.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 09:15:56 AM »
Was at 3 Rivers a couple weeks ago. When we pulled in to the parking lot there were over a hundred turkeys in the field. We ate at the WallaWalla Steak company in town. All prime steaks and one of the owners owns El Gaucho too. It is great quality. I asked a couple of people in town about turkeys and they all said they were mostly on private and in peoples yards.
Everything around 3 Rivers is private.  I hunted a farm close to there last season, but the guy sold it this winter, so we're looking again.  FFTH up Mill Creek is probably a good option.  Good news is that the bird population is up. 
I'll second Walla Walla Steak Co.  Took my wife there for anniversary not long after they opened.  Good food.  Bacon and Eggs is the best place for breakfast.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 10:48:09 AM »
Any restaurants in Pendleton worth checking out? I think we are going there for an afternoon to do the tour.

Offline KopperBuck

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 11:46:58 AM »
Great Pacific, Cimmiyotti's, or Prodigal Son. Hamley's looks the part, but overrated. I'd go across the street to the Rainbow first (just bring cash).

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
Any restaurants in Pendleton worth checking out? I think we are going there for an afternoon to do the tour.
It's spendy, but almost required that you eat at Hamely's when in Pendleton.  Good steaks, but you'll pay for them...
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 01:01:11 PM »
It's spendy, but almost required that you eat at Hamely's when in Pendleton.  Good steaks, but you'll pay for them...

...Oh, and make sure you use the men's room... ;)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal