collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kona Hawaii Fishing Charter Recommendations  (Read 3094 times)

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Kona Hawaii Fishing Charter Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 02:47:00 PM »
Burrows, if you have not booked yet!  Please consider Capt Stretch on the Hula Girl, with crewman Cole!  Absolutely best two guys to fish with! Greg just acquired the operation, but has been fishing for a while! They have the best rates for booking a whole boat.  On Kona you won't be able to find shared charter boats.  Look him up and give him a call.  You can mention Matt F from Seattle recommended you to give him a call.  He got me my first Shortbill Spearfish!  Had a couple more shortbill hook ups and a striped marlin hook up!  Great day on the water!  P.S A lot of boats in HI do sell their catch to restaurants/wholesalers and other businesses for extra cash.  I will say, Greg was kind enough to spit the fish with me, as we only wanted one nights worth of fish for a big fish taco night!  If you get into non large bill fish, and you ask ahead of time, you should be able to take home/cook up some fresh fish while you are there.  Die hard is another great operation on Maui where he will share the catch with you! 
If I'm not selling, I should be hunting, If I'm not hunting, I should quit!

Offline elkchaser54

• Scout
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 05:18:23 AM »
That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for . Decent prices too.  Will they think it's strange if we rent the whole boat and only two of us go ???

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 08:30:09 AM »
No not at all. I booked the whole boat and went by myself. Bo one else in my family likes to fishing on vacation I guess. Couldn't talk my wife or father in law or brother in law to go.. It was great. Captain Stretch even picked me up at our hotel and we stopped and grabbed some really good breakfast sandwiches near the docks before heading out. Great outfit and pro gear. He is all about go pros and getting you on video to keep for the site and yourself to have. It can be challenging to spend a whole day trolling, but set the expectations on the lower side and just enjoy the weather, sights and good company. They will more than likely drop some big raps right outside the break wall for Ono, and then pull gear until they have reached big drops for marlin. Blues are what you'll be focusing on. But you never know in the salt what will hook up next.

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 08:43:55 AM »
Let's see if I can get this picture attached... This is my short bill spear. I have a video of a huge blue that ate the lure right at the back of the boat. Was over 500lbs.. but site is saying my files are too large to post.

Offline hookr88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 01:32:46 PM »
They recommended two charters. The first one is Northern Lights. The other one was a Hawaiian named charter, and ... well I can't remember the name other than it had twelve vowels, two consonants and some apostrophies. :dunno: I do however remember that he said the Captains name was Bryce. Have fun.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal