collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2019 Deer Post em here  (Read 128840 times)

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2019 Deer Post em here
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2019, 10:27:29 PM »
Last day Muzzleloader buck.  Solo hunt. Spotted three deer feeding along the base of some rim rock. Spent the next half hour hustling to get into position before they fed up through a saddle. Got up into the cliffs, relocated them, dropped my pack and army crawled through the grass into position.  75 yard broadside shot. The 300 grain SST hit it’s mark and I watched him go down in sight.   First Muley buck and first Muzzleloader kill. Feeling very grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on!  :tup:
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »
Last day Muzzleloader buck.  Solo hunt. Spotted three deer feeding along the base of some rim rock. Spent the next half hour hustling to get into position before they fed up through a saddle. Got up into the cliffs, relocated them, dropped my pack and army crawled through the grass into position.  75 yard broadside shot. The 300 grain SST hit it’s mark and I watched him go down in sight.   First Muley buck and first Muzzleloader kill. Feeling very grateful!

That one is officially dead now.  :chuckle: Good work! Thats a tough deer to find these days. Looks like a nice healthy buck.  :tup:
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline steeliedrew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2019, 12:51:27 PM »
Thanks gentlemen.  :tup:
Every thought of my being is in regards to being a high tech predator and I relish the role.

Offline slavenoid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2019, 08:13:50 PM »
My plan to hold out for a big deer lasted a day and half.

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2019, 08:43:07 PM »
After a terrible start to my season with multiseason tag I was finally able to make it happen. Had prior commitments for opening weekend of rifle, but just so happens to be in Dayton 😁. Naturally I brought my gear. Was able to slip away for a couple hours Saturday evening. This was most likely going to be my last chance to hunt deer In Washington for the rest of the year. I picked a spot of public land on onx and headed out. The hike in was miserable, but just as expected there were deer up top in the wheat. Found this little guy staring me down at 168yds and I made a quick off hand shot. He bucked and didn’t make it far! I love putting young whitetail in the freezer! This makes my 20th consecutive year filling my tag in Washington

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2019, 09:53:03 PM »
Tender BT and WT for the freezer.  Well done guys!
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline linxx77

• Hunter
  • President-Washington Waterfowl Association
    • www.facebook.com/linxx77
    • Washington Waterfowl Association-Spokane Facebook
  • Groups: Washington Waterfowl Association
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2019, 09:22:10 AM »
Went down to Pomeroy for the opening weekend. Put in a lot of miles walking and stalking. Deer everywhere, mostly Mulies, but couldn’t find a legal one until noon. Spotted this whitetail bedded down at the top of a draw and snuck up to about 230 yards from him. One shot from my 308 (DPMS Recon) and he tensed up and just laid his head down. No chase! Freezer is full and his head is boiling in a bucket as we speak. Good year!

orbis non sufficit

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2019, 09:34:07 AM »
Went down to Pomeroy for the opening weekend. Put in a lot of miles walking and stalking. Deer everywhere, mostly Mulies, but couldn’t find a legal one until noon. Spotted this whitetail bedded down at the top of a draw and snuck up to about 230 yards from him. One shot from my 308 (DPMS Recon) and he tensed up and just laid his head down. No chase! Freezer is full and his head is boiling in a bucket as we speak. Good year!

Congrats on the nice buck! Now you can get after them ducks!

Offline borntoslay

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2019, 01:03:56 PM »
Opening morning about 10 o clock. He was running with what looked like a clone of himself. Got lucky and drilled him through the neck on the run. I'm a pretty happy camper. Good luck out there guys

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

(  .  )(  .  )

jasonstevens

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2019, 03:01:22 PM »
After a terrible start to my season with multiseason tag I was finally able to make it happen. Had prior commitments for opening weekend of rifle, but just so happens to be in Dayton 😁. Naturally I brought my gear. Was able to slip away for a couple hours Saturday evening. This was most likely going to be my last chance to hunt deer In Washington for the rest of the year. I picked a spot of public land on onx and headed out. The hike in was miserable, but just as expected there were deer up top in the wheat. Found this little guy staring me down at 168yds and I made a quick off hand shot. He bucked and didn’t make it far! I love putting young whitetail in the freezer! This makes my 20th consecutive year filling my tag in Washington

Good job bud.

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »
@buglebuster  Twenty seasons in a row?? You're doing something right! Nice job again this year he'll be so tasty I've taken a few like him in the past and took a whitetail doe this year no regrets

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
Nice bucks guys.  (Love that WT Borntoslay).  Congrats to both of you.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline Pete112288

• Sourdough
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2019, 11:15:49 PM »
Not much to say about my buck this year. Finally (after 15 years) managed to put one down while hunting with my dad. First big game to have ever shot non-solo. Burned my multi-tag this year on a spike, but dont matter. That pops was there made it all worth it.

Offline mp.hunter

• Longhunter
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2019, 07:33:49 AM »

Sons first buck!

13 hours later filled his second deer tag.

I was content but my son couldn’t get enough and wanted to keep hunting so I filled my second tag as well. Great trip with family and friends.

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2019, 07:42:32 AM »
 :tup:

Great job all!
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal