collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 175 Lick Creek - Buck Tag  (Read 4637 times)

Offline MuzzyHunter28

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Cascade Mountain Outfitters
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Cascade-Mountain-Outfitters-360401058137699/
    • Cascade Mountain Outfitters LLC
  • Groups: WFW,SCI, DU, WSF, WBF
175 Lick Creek - Buck Tag
« on: September 22, 2019, 05:52:28 PM »
Any chance the 1 successful permit holder in years past is a member on here? I would love to pick his or her brain about the hunt! I am the "lucky" tag holder for it this year. So much Onx map studying my eyes are burning...  :chuckle:

To other hunters in this unit, I want to target Mule Deer for the Hunt. Tail Bone ridge & east the way to go? I'm not opposed to turning it into a whitetail hunt if there's better opportunity. And to any forum police; Yes, it is a 3 point minimum either species hunt  8)

I'm more open then a *censored* house on dollar day for any advice!  :)
Brandon Keller 
Owner/Guide
www.CascadeMountainOutfitters.com - Guided Black Bear Hunts
P: 360.761.8653

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
Re: 175 Lick Creek - Buck Tag
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 08:44:23 PM »
Tough tag.  Good luck. 
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline bobdog86

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »
Had it approximately 4-5 yrs ago when it was a quality tag. There is a reason it’s now just a buck tag....there are some nice bucks there. Just a lot of pressure. Saw several bird hunters, and others (deer hunting) driving the roads, yes others, exercising there ancestoral rights, My biggest memory is being told by my brother who was watching my buddy and me through a spotting scope, about how a wolf followed us out a long ridge for quite awhile. Every time we’d stop so did the dog. When we went back to the spot the next day where my brother was watching us through his spotting scope (I wanted to see where the wolf was), sure enough not one but 3 wolves came across the saddle. Crazy, they worked methodically and with purpose, spacing, pace.  Definitely fun hunt, a lot of country. We saw more quality, or what I would say quality bucks during elk season. Shouldn’t have a problem filling your tag. Pm me if you need anything

Offline MuzzyHunter28

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Cascade-Mountain-Outfitters-360401058137699/
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 07:18:17 PM »
Had it approximately 4-5 yrs ago when it was a quality tag. There is a reason it’s now just a buck tag....there are some nice bucks there. Just a lot of pressure. Saw several bird hunters, and others (deer hunting) driving the roads, yes others, exercising there ancestral rights, My biggest memory is being told by my brother who was watching my buddy and me through a spotting scope, about how a wolf followed us out a long ridge for quite awhile. Every time we’d stop so did the dog. When we went back to the spot the next day where my brother was watching us through his spotting scope (I wanted to see where the wolf was), sure enough not one but 3 wolves came across the saddle. Crazy, they worked methodically and with purpose, spacing, pace.  Definitely fun hunt, a lot of country. We saw more quality, or what I would say quality bucks during elk season. Shouldn’t have a problem filling your tag. Pm me if you need anything

Good to know! I don't expect it to be all that great... So are you thinking after the general season elk hunters and the "ancestral hunters"  :chuckle: it pushes the bucks into hiding? Not to mention the dang wolves....
Brandon Keller 
Owner/Guide

Offline tntklundt

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 12:34:42 PM »
Sent you a message, I had the one tag last year for rifle around Thanksgiving

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »
Sent you a message, I had the one tag last year for rifle around Thanksgiving

Did you kill?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 08:09:00 AM »
There are multiple ways to go about this hunt! Ways and areas! It’s a huge area with very steep ground or mellower ( not flat 😂) rolling open hills. I was up high last year in the snow during your season and didn’t cut one deer track all day! Did cut wolf tracks though! If it was my tag I’d start low and eliminate that ground!
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline hambone

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 08:37:22 PM »
We used to hunt there between pinkum butte and the smoothing iron steep country the reason you see big bucks during the elk season more people in the canyons to push them around my younger brother almost shot a muley buck in a snow storm down there during elk season said he couldn't believe the rack on on him also used to come off the tailbone and walk out was a lot younger back then

Offline MuzzyHunter28

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 10:19:03 AM »
There are multiple ways to go about this hunt! Ways and areas! It’s a huge area with very steep ground or mellower ( not flat 😂) rolling open hills. I was up high last year in the snow during your season and didn’t cut one deer track all day! Did cut wolf tracks though! If it was my tag I’d start low and eliminate that ground!

Good to know! I was told by another hunter who is familiar with the area, that the snow was super deep during general. So I think I'll be stuck to down low state lands anyways.
Brandon Keller 
Owner/Guide

Offline MuzzyHunter28

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »
We used to hunt there between pinkum butte and the smoothing iron steep country the reason you see big bucks during the elk season more people in the canyons to push them around my younger brother almost shot a muley buck in a snow storm down there during elk season said he couldn't believe the rack on on him also used to come off the tailbone and walk out was a lot younger back then

Good to know! Thanks for the info.
Brandon Keller 
Owner/Guide

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 08:41:41 AM »
The snow is not that deep! I’ll tell you I saw a definite shooter up
Higher this week chasing does. Good luck! Stay away from Charlie creek very low numbers in there.

Good to know! I was told by another hunter who is familiar with the area, that the snow was super deep during general. So I think I'll be stuck to down low state lands anyways.
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline MuzzyHunter28

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
Anyone been in the unit in the past few days? If so, what was the snow like?
Brandon Keller 
Owner/Guide

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]