collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kuiu Warranty  (Read 10234 times)

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
Re: Kuiu Warranty
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 07:23:43 AM »
That really sucks.  Claimed lifetime warranty no matter your fault or not should be covered.  I say get a Mystery Ranch and don't look back.  Shame on Kuiu.

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 08:21:01 AM »
That really sucks.  Claimed lifetime warranty no matter your fault or not should be covered.  I say get a Mystery Ranch and don't look back.  Shame on Kuiu.

Read the warranty.  It doesn’t say what you or the OP say it does.

Stuff happens.  He broke his pack.  He broke it.  If he broke his butt instead I suppose that would be someone else’s responsibility, too?

It is hilarious and sad how few people take responsibility for themselves or their own actions these days.  I hope you at least teach your kids differently, but I doubt it.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 08:35:46 AM »
It specifically says that if you fall and break it, the warranty will not cover it.  There are few companies that will cover anything, optics like Vortex and Leupold for example.  There warranties look very different.

KUIU Warranty
WHAT WARRANTY COVERS:
This warranty covers any manufacturer workmanship defects in your KUIU gear. This warranty applies to consumer use only and is null and void if the product is used in a manner it is not intended for.

HOW LONG COVERAGE LASTS:
This warranty lasts for the lifetime of the product.

WHO IS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
This warranty is for the original consumer purchaser only. It is not transferable. Proof of purchase must be verified.

WHAT WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
Any problem that is caused by abuse, misuse, or an act of nature (fire, flood, moths, etc.) is not covered. Snags, stains, pilling, discoloration, deterioration, burns, or damage from normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty.

KUIU's gear is designed and built with a balance of weight, comfort, performance, and durability as the goal. While KUIU products do excel in all of these aspects, it is not indestructible. Sharp rocks, stiff limbs, and unexpected falls can push any fabric or clothing type beyond its limit.

In the event that your gear becomes damaged due to any of the above reasons, please contact Rainy Pass Repair for evaluation and repair options. Rainy Pass Repair can also give a third-party opinion as to whether or not the damage should be covered under warranty.

Vortex Warranty
VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex® product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was or where you purchased it. If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods and monoculars.

Offline Jellymon

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 08:58:41 AM »
Stone Glacier, Exo and kifaru's warranty wouldnt cover that either. All require a fee to fix what was broken if it was not a manufacturing defect.

You cannot speak to that.

Leupold "lifetime warranty" = covered.  Shame on Kuiu.

Its not from me. Every one of those brands have the same policy kuiu does. Its specifically states it right on all of thier websites and warranties.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
The word "lifetime" is the duration of the warranty, not what is covered.

Think of it like a vehicle.  You have a 100,000 mile warranty and crash into a tree, no car manufacturer will pay for that even though it is within the warranty period.  They only cover the components and construction.  That is what KUIU is doing, covering the materials and construction for the lifetime.

Companies like Vortex have warranties that cover anything except losing it or getting it stolen.  Completely different type of warranty and it will be stated much differently like above.

I bought a KUIU pack and returned it because when I looked at the frame it just didn't seem durable to me.  Further, once they make a change to the frame with future models, I wonder how easily it will be to get an carbon frame with the old mold pattern.  The same is true for my Exo pack to some degree.

Offline ellensburgpo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 09:27:34 AM »
The word "lifetime" is the duration of the warranty, not what is covered.

Think of it like a vehicle.  You have a 100,000 mile warranty and crash into a tree, no car manufacturer will pay for that even though it is within the warranty period.  They only cover the components and construction.  That is what KUIU is doing, covering the materials and construction for the lifetime.

Companies like Vortex have warranties that cover anything except losing it or getting it stolen.  Completely different type of warranty and it will be stated much differently like above.

I bought a KUIU pack and returned it because when I looked at the frame it just didn't seem durable to me.  Further, once they make a change to the frame with future models, I wonder how easily it will be to get an carbon frame with the old mold pattern.  The same is true for my Exo pack to some degree.

:yeah:
KCCO

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

Offline Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 09:45:13 AM »
Its amazing this is even an argument. Might as well claim it under your homeowners insurance at this point

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 09:50:36 AM »
I’m surprised at the number of people that think someone should pay for something that wasn’t their fault.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2019, 09:58:19 AM »
I think most are saying it shouldnt be covered under the warranty. I was going for sarcasm above...

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2019, 10:03:25 AM »
To the OP,thanks for the heads up!High end products should come with high end warranties.Many makers of outdoor products actually honor their lifetime warranties.Good companies realize that word of mouth sells products.If two guys that read this thread decide not to buy a KUIU pack then KUIU has lost more in sales than what it would cost to replace his pack.15% discount?That hardly covers the tax and is a joke!I have used lifetime warranties on many products,fishing poles,boots,downriggers,reels etc.The companies that honor their word get my repeat business and word of mouth sales from my positive experience.A buddy of mine just got back his 20 year binos from Swarovski.His dog literally ate them.Swaro made them better than new,free of charge.I would post this poor warranty on a national forum and see what happens.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 10:10:01 AM »
Amazing.
Maybe you could sue the nfs for the rock that tripped you.
Sorry I couldn't help it😅
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:16:16 AM by huntnfmly »
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 10:11:51 AM »
Throw some fiberglass around it and go hunt!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »
Amazing.
Nope.If the NFS road rips a hole in my tire that i bought the warranty on you bet I would be getting a new tire covered under warranty.Anyone belong to Costco?Part of why they are so successful is there no quibble return policy.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Kuiu Warranty
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2019, 11:15:27 AM »
Amazing.
Nope.If the NFS road rips a hole in my tire that i bought the warranty on you bet I would be getting a new tire covered under warranty.Anyone belong to Costco?Part of why they are so successful is there no quibble return policy.

You didn’t buy a warranty on your tires. You bought “road hazard protection.” A rock that tears a tire is a rod hazard. Warranties cover manufacturers defects. Falling on something and destroying it is not a manufacturer’s defect. 

Go body slam your kitchenaid mixer you bought from Costco, get it all mangled up then take it back and tell me if they take it back without “quibbles.”
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
Amazing.

You didn’t buy a warranty on your tires. You bought “road hazard protection.” A rock that tears a tire is a rod hazard. Warranties cover manufacturers defects. Falling on something and destroying it is not a manufacturer’s defect. 

Go body slam your kitchenaid mixer you bought from Costco, get it all mangled up then take it back and tell me if they take it back without “quibbles.”
Costco will return,refund or give in store credit on just about anything.I have been a member since they opened store number 3 and have never had any problem returning anything.It's a matter of numbers for good companies,for every 100 sold ten come back.That's a win on 90 items.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]