collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: More than fair for a trail camera trasspass  (Read 15789 times)

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: More than fair for a trail camera trasspass
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 08:12:48 AM »
Why is this such a big deal. Someone comes on your property, takes a buck and leaves. You never even know so no harm no foul. What does taking one deer hurt?

It's incredible to me that someone is this ignorant and willing to post such a thing on a public site.  Just shaking my head.....   :bash:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 08:15:42 AM »
Why is this such a big deal. Someone comes on your property, takes a buck and leaves. You never even know so no harm no foul. What does taking one deer hurt?
Come try it on my land and you will see what the big deal is.  It's folks with attitudes like yours that have ruined private land access for many.  The whole "better to ask forgiveness than permission" is nothing more than a cowards mindset.

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 08:19:43 AM »

Wow! Is this a joke?

Offline Bowhunter3

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 08:34:19 AM »

Wow! Is this a joke?

It has to be

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 08:50:41 AM »
By the way.  By state law it is not the owners responsibilty to post their land.  It is the hunter, biker, hiker or who ever  to know private from public.  @bigtex maybe he could shed some light on this subject to.  Nice job on the OP.  I am sure I wouldn't have handled it that way.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

It kind of is the property owner's responsibility to post the property or fence it or make sure it looks used. The law probably needs changed since it is so easy these days to figure out who owns property.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?Cite=9A.52.010

A person who enters or remains upon unimproved and apparently unused land, which is neither fenced nor otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to exclude intruders, does so with license and privilege unless notice against trespass is personally communicated to him or her by the owner of the land or some other authorized person, or unless notice is given by posting in a conspicuous manner. Land that is used for commercial aquaculture or for growing an agricultural crop or crops, other than timber, is not unimproved and apparently unused land if a crop or any other sign of cultivation is clearly visible or if notice is given by posting in a conspicuous manner. Similarly, a field fenced in any manner is not unimproved and apparently unused land. A license or privilege to enter or remain on improved and apparently used land that is open to the public at particular times, which is neither fenced nor otherwise enclosed in a manner to exclude intruders, is not a license or privilege to enter or remain on the land at other times if notice of prohibited times of entry is posted in a conspicuous manner.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline huntingfool7

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: huntingfool7
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 08:52:07 AM »
tagging.  Would like to see if the trespasser responds

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »
Let's not get naughty over this and start making personal attacks; it's just a posting. I'll update if I'm contacted.
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline Jimmer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »
I hope that’s a joke.. that’s exactly why I have a bad taste in my mouth come hunting season with the flock of west siders coming over trying to get it done, do whatever it takes!! Wow...

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
I hope that’s a joke.. that’s exactly why I have a bad taste in my mouth come hunting season with the flock of west siders coming over trying to get it done, do whatever it takes!! Wow...
So your blaming west siders?

Offline Jimmer

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »
So your blaming west siders?

5 out of 6 encounters I’ve had since I have owned my property have been from out of towners.. so blaming? Coincidence? I’m not the only land owner that has a bad taste, trust me on that.

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 09:56:07 AM »

The "big deal" to me is that I payed for and continue to pay taxes on the land where I live with the expectation of privacy from people I don't know filming me, my family, or even my livestock. I don't put up cameras on other people's property without asking and expect to be treated the same.  If you're feeling left out, just say so and we'll set up a few cameras around your yard. We won't be looking directly at your house, but I will know when you go outside, how you are dressed and what you are doing at the time. 

That's my "big deal".
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 10:16:48 AM »
It is a big deal! Privacy is a big deal, ownership is a big deal, respect for others is a big deal....or at least is should be! I am a west sider, but own property on the east side. In 20 years of game cameras I have had 1 local on cam but dozens of west siders on camera and several more we asked to leave! We are 3 miles from national forest and there is no public land closer than that. It just sucks, no way I would do that to someone on their land.

I am glad that "most" hunters feel the same way I do about land ownership and respect!

Offline Jimmer

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 10:26:58 AM »
It is a big deal! Privacy is a big deal, ownership is a big deal, respect for others is a big deal....or at least is should be! I am a west sider, but own property on the east side. In 20 years of game cameras I have had 1 local on cam but dozens of west siders on camera and several more we asked to leave! We are 3 miles from national forest and there is no public land closer than that. It just sucks, no way I would do that to someone on their land.

I am glad that "most" hunters feel the same way I do about land ownership and respect!
Amen.. stereotypes just don’t appear from nothing

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »

Amen.. stereotypes just don’t appear from nothing
Wow you re right stereotypes do not come from nowhere.
Westsiders better stay on  their side of the mountains blah blah blah
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2019, 11:02:40 AM »

Um, because its unethical. Its stealing, its trespassing. Wrong in so many ways!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal