collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trail camera only catching me?  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Doublelunger

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Trail camera only catching me?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 06:44:47 PM »
I had a bunch of m-80's 7-8 years ago and they were bomber. Picked up a couple of the m-880's (the equivalent model) a few years later and they were junk. Detection sucked. Stuff had to be within like 10-15 to trigger it.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 10:58:03 PM »
Maybe it is the fog. My camera has pictures down to 0 degrees no problem and I’ve had it for 4 years. The area it’s in has been covered in constant fog so maybe that’s it. I pulled the camera and it works fine set watching our dogs. Just a first for me! I might check out these other cameras!

how would you know unless you are sitting in front of it seeing whats there and comparing. You have nothing to compare it too. Like I said a above all my cams seem to work fine if you were to hang them solo and check them after a week. I would have pics all week long like everything was all good, but it wasnt all good they were missing tons of pics. Hell at my house I had a cam that I was suspect wasnt working right, I had 117 pics one night and I thought it was low. I hung a stealth cam and got 707! Now that stealth cam just last night took 49 pics, thats not correct as 70lbs of feed were gone! and first pics were at 3am! I have deer at house every night at 4:30.

One of the worst cold cams I ever had was a new Bushnell trophy cam and the cam I spent the most money on. I will never spend over $70 on cam a piece of electrical equipment that sits outside, rain,snow,high humidity and heat and expect anything to work more than a few years.

Of all the cams the WGI have been the best and hard to beat on price and I dont cry when a bear eats one,someone steals one or one just craps out. No way Id be spending $200 on a cam.

Offline 444Marlin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 08:03:10 PM »
Some motion sensors have a difficult time picking up slow motions...like feeding deer.  And the trigger speeds can be horribly slow to pick up what does walk in front of it.

After hearing how many folks get their cams stolen, I have a difficult time spending a ton of cash on a quality cam that will likely be discovered and stolen.  It hasn't happened to me yet, but I know it will.  And until then, I am okay having low cost and questionable quality out there.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal