collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ½" AR500  (Read 996 times)

Offline royalbull

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
½" AR500
« on: December 10, 2019, 09:18:26 PM »
2' x 2' x ½" AR500 have three total $145 each located in Enumclaw

Offline royalbull

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
Re: ½" AR500
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »
Bump

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• Best Biggie Blogger
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Explorer
  • DAN-O CAN'T TAKE BIGGIE PICS
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 12:15:08 PM »
Got any pics of what your selling?
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc On!

Offline royalbull

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »
I suppose I could take a pic, but they are just two feet by two feet by one half inch thick ar500 steel plate no holes or anything welded to them but I could do that for you if needed

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 10:05:13 AM »
If no holes or other apparatus, how would you suspend these or set them up in the field? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never shot steel gongs before. I'm looking for something I can use for high powered rifles at 100 yards and more.

Offline royalbull

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 06:15:40 PM »
If no holes or other apparatus, how would you suspend these or set them up in the field? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never shot steel gongs before. I'm looking for something I can use for high powered rifles at 100 yards and more.

Some people have the ability to do that themselves if not I can do it for you, but with the plate being two feet square they may want to cut it into 4-9 pieces

Offline the1rod

• lets hunt
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
How do you cut it?  I worked with alot of AR500, but never have shot it,  but I have heard some say that if it's torch cut the edges could be fragile from the heat.  Do you have any experience with this or input? 

Offline royalbull

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 07:27:34 PM »
How do you cut it?  I worked with alot of AR500, but never have shot it,  but I have heard some say that if it's torch cut the edges could be fragile from the heat.  Do you have any experience with this or input? 

I've heard the same thing about cutting with a touch, they say that ¼" from the edge may be affected, id cut them with a hot saw, not sure about drilling but next time I get to the yard I'll grab a mag drill and try drilling some holes in it, don't have a plasma big enough to cut ½", but any local welding shop probably does, years ago I installed ar500 in the walls of the guard shacks at McCord and we welded it so the engineers weren't too concerned about heat

Offline the1rod

• lets hunt
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 09:11:21 PM »
I have tried drilling it by hand,  not knowing at the time the piece was AR,  it didn't work,  at all. A dang good bit,  slow with coolant may work,  but it would be much easier to weld chain straight to it. My experience with AR500 is as wear plate,  and I did have some issues with cracking around welds,  but it was usually once the plate was worn to 1/4 inch or less. I don't think I would be too concerned about using a torch for shooting plates. 

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 09:49:56 AM »

Some people have the ability to do that themselves if not I can do it for you, but with the plate being two feet square they may want to cut it into 4-9 pieces

Thank you.

* Advertisement