collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Traditions muzzleloader  (Read 1148 times)

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
Traditions muzzleloader
« on: February 16, 2020, 03:12:06 PM »
So i was at a local store yesterday, saw a traditions pursuit g4. It had a peep sight that i liked a lot and used 209 primers. Does anyone have this rifle and have and positives and negatives? Steer me in the right direction of making a muzzle purchase! Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline timberhunter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Hunter
Re: Traditions muzzleloader
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 05:34:48 PM »
I have hunted two seasons now with mine and its been a great muzzlleloader. Really easy to clean with the breech plug design. With blackhorn 209 and barnes i shoot about 4 inch groups at 100 off a leadslead. Gun may shoot better though as im not that great with open sights.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 06:10:46 PM »
Thanks for the info! I thought the build felt great and the light weight stock is very attractive

Offline timberhunter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 10:56:04 AM »
i went to several places to put my hands on as many as i could and the pursuit just felt the best for me. about the only thing i see that could use some improvement is the finish on the stock. mine is the camo model and feels kinda tacky to the touch which is great but i have noticed a few very small places where the coating has worn off. the stock material is white under the coating so it just stands out a bit. the only reason i even noticed them is because i seen a used one in a local gun shop for sale and the stock looked terrible so i had to investigate on mine to see if it may be an issue. eventually i may sand it off and paint it. this would not be a deal breaker for myself though i would not hesitate to buy the ml again.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »
i went to several places to put my hands on as many as i could and the pursuit just felt the best for me. about the only thing i see that could use some improvement is the finish on the stock. mine is the camo model and feels kinda tacky to the touch which is great but i have noticed a few very small places where the coating has worn off. the stock material is white under the coating so it just stands out a bit. the only reason i even noticed them is because i seen a used one in a local gun shop for sale and the stock looked terrible so i had to investigate on mine to see if it may be an issue. eventually i may sand it off and paint it. this would not be a deal breaker for myself though i would not hesitate to buy the ml again.

Thanks for that. That’s for sure not a deal breaker for me. I can work with that if it’s the only issue!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal