collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Corona Virus and out of state plans  (Read 6486 times)

Offline n_mathews13

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Corona Virus and out of state plans
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2020, 10:38:54 AM »
Friend sent me this this morn

Offline Ironhead

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2020, 10:42:29 AM »
I am sure AK is concerned about the number of NR's landing in SE AK airports from so many different States and Countries. It would make me nervous. That being said, I am still planning on 2 out of state hunts and hopefully more this fall.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline dmoua

• Scout
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
AK spring bear is back open for residents only.

I will still be going to Idaho for Elk in September and whitetail in late November. License's and tags have been purchased for awhile so unless they close the season, nothing is stopping me from going unless I'm dead.
Instagram @dmoua_wa

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Online sjhgraysage

• Political Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2020, 01:03:06 PM »
As I write this I'm at home recovering from this virus. I was going to put my wife in for one of the top five elk units in Colorado with 27 points, but decided that chances of having the season canceled were pretty high, so points only for us.
I could easily see a governor from say Colorado or Wyoming or Idaho asking their game department, how many people can we expect to come hunting this fall from states with large numbers of coronavirus infections? Should only take a few clicks of a mouse to get answers. If by fall we are still having new cases, I could easily see them shutting down hunting or hunters from out of state.
I have been at home for 2 weeks,  because I dont want even one more person to get this if there is anything I can do to help prevent that.
Stay safe and healthy!

Offline mp.hunter

• Scout
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2020, 02:38:17 PM »
I called New Mexico and Wyoming and both indicated that if there is still a stay at home order at the time of a hunt, then Wyoming said most likely should run the tag to next year, New Mexico most likely a refund should I draw, since I applied in both those states before this all happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dvolmer

• Longhunter
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2020, 08:04:35 PM »
I called New Mexico and Wyoming and both indicated that if there is still a stay at home order at the time of a hunt, then Wyoming said most likely should run the tag to next year, New Mexico most likely a refund should I draw, since I applied in both those states before this all happened.

If there is still a stay home order in September of this year, hunting options will be the least of your worry.  Our economy would be totally destroyed and we will be in the biggest depression this country will have ever seen.  Way worse than the 1930's.  Big cities will have gang rule and are world will be tipped upside down.  You will all be using your AR's to protect your families or to go out and get the food you need. The stay home/quarantine will be over by then.  Even if we have to all go out and get the virus and get it behind us with increased deaths it will be over by then.
Zonk Volmer

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2020, 08:36:07 PM »

If there is still a stay home order in September of this year, hunting options will be the least of your worry.  Our economy would be totally destroyed and we will be in the biggest depression this country will have ever seen.  Way worse than the 1930's.  Big cities will have gang rule and are world will be tipped upside down.  You will all be using your AR's to protect your families or to go out and get the food you need. The stay home/quarantine will be over by then.  Even if we have to all go out and get the virus and get it behind us with increased deaths it will be over by then.
I agree... If we are still in lock down in this by fall, its going to be ugly and martial law will be in place.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:42:19 PM by actionshooter »
Rainier Arms Shooting Team
Rainier Arms, Fortis Manufacturing, Timney Triggers
Vortex Optics, Viking Tactics, Sporting Systems Vancouver

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2020, 08:38:12 PM »
As for hunting plans this year, my tags are going to be OTC in Alaska, so I am holding off buying those for now. Also Wyoming antelope is on the list and we still have some time for that..
Rainier Arms Shooting Team
Rainier Arms, Fortis Manufacturing, Timney Triggers
Vortex Optics, Viking Tactics, Sporting Systems Vancouver

Offline meatwhack

• Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2020, 08:47:02 PM »
Take a deep breath and this too shall pass.

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
Corona Virus and out of state plans
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2020, 08:52:20 PM »
I actually put in for Nevada the other day, figure maybe my odds will be better this year than most, also planning to apply for Wyoming antelope, same plan there. The key with both of those states is I can drive to any hunt I’ll be doing. I was thinking about applying for Oregon bighorn sheep this year but I am worried they will close seasons. Not too worried about Nevada or Wyoming doing the same

Offline mp.hunter

• Scout
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2020, 07:26:32 AM »

You are probably right but I was inferring if the virus bounced back in the fall like many are predicting and another stay in home order happens

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2020, 03:14:34 PM »

You are probably right but I was inferring if the virus bounced back in the fall like many are predicting and another stay in home order happens

People predicting that this virus is going to “come back” in the fall aren’t looking at the fact that it was thriving during the Southern Hemispheres summer

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2020, 03:58:47 PM »

People predicting that this virus is going to “come back” in the fall aren’t looking at the fact that it was thriving during the Southern Hemispheres summer

“Come back”? It’s not going away.

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Online JimmyHoffa

• Explorer
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2020, 04:24:54 PM »

“Come back”? It’s not going away.
Yeah, the lockdown is mostly removing the shorter lived strains.  I think most people only incubate for three or four days.  Some on the extreme long end of incubation can carry it up to 27 days.  So, lockdown can burnout the fast strains in a house with a one or only a few people rather quickly.  If you have a couple people with the longer lived strains, you need much longer lockdown times.  I think this is why Bill Gates is pushing for ten weeks.  So, when the lockdown is lifted, it will take longer to see where it survived and how it is going about spreading.  But viruses tend to evolve to a faster strain, so after a few weeks, most of the virus moving about will probably be three or four days again.

Offline idaho guy

• Sourdough
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2020, 07:40:56 AM »
I don’t know I don’t want to minimize the virus and I think we needed to take most of the drastic measures that we did but I think this will be over sooner rather than later.i think it peaks out in major hot spots in next few weeks. Unless for some reason it hits other more rural western states like a prairie fire and spreads everywhere-which I don’t think it will.  We will be going back to semi normal mid may to June. I think we will look back and wonder why half the country went ape *censored* over it. I put in for normal out of state hunts but might put in for some new stuff since draw odds should be better for pretty much everything. I also planned tentatively July South Africa trip and got a really good potential deal that we can bump to next year if needed. Africa is maybe over optimistic  :chuckle: I don’t really know how well prepared they are or how well it can be controlled over there.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

A Personal Favor by JWBINX
[Today at 08:40:29 PM]

Weyehauser Pe Ell south (walk-in) by birdstew
[Today at 08:28:24 PM]

sunrise and sun set pics bring them on by Skillet
[Today at 08:27:20 PM]

bow sight by Rubenation1981
[Today at 08:26:56 PM]

Anyone running multi pin with a slider? by Rubenation1981
[Today at 08:18:08 PM]