collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: CMMG Banshee - Anyone familier with it?  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
CMMG Banshee - Anyone familier with it?
« on: March 22, 2020, 07:36:32 PM »
This AR pistol has caught my attention, the CMMG Banshee pistol in 10MM.
Do any of you have any experience with this Pistol or with CMMG?

https://cmmginc.com/product/pistol-banshee-300-mk10-10mm/
and
https://cmmginc.com/product/pistol-banshee-100-mk10-10mm/
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: CMMG Banshee - Anyone familier with it?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 07:17:56 AM »
I looked into building a 10mm pistol but was kind of expensive compared to Blackout.

I'd probably go 4" with a short buffer.

Those Banshees are definitely cool looking though. 

Offline magnanimous_j

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 09:47:46 AM »
The 10mm option is really cool. I always thought either 10mm or .357mag would make an awesome subgun.

I also know that CMMG makes some of the best AR pistols around. That said, I have 2 friends who have bought AR pistols in 9mm and said they wished they had gotten a CZ Scorpion instead. AR pistols seem really finicky to me, and the twang of the spring right next to your ear is annoying.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 10:04:13 AM »
The 10mm option is really cool. I always thought either 10mm or .357mag would make an awesome subgun.

I also know that CMMG makes some of the best AR pistols around. That said, I have 2 friends who have bought AR pistols in 9mm and said they wished they had gotten a CZ Scorpion instead. AR pistols seem really finicky to me, and the twang of the spring right next to your ear is annoying.
I built my own 9mm AR years ago, I did one with Colt Mags.  Mine ran fine and I never had issues with it.  I even had it runnign reliably with my 9mm suppressor.  That said, I got to shoot a Scorpion and sold my AR9 upper, while I was still at the range.  The scorpion is just on another level honestly.  The shoot smoother and big thing for me was you get no gas in the face regardless of how fast/hard you are running the gun.  The AR9's gassed me out really quick after a few shots.  Sorry to derail..

As to the CMMG Banshee I know it is pretty intriguing to me as well, so hope to hear more from someone that has been hands on with one.  The Delayed blowback is supposed to really reduce the gas in your face I mentioned above.  I am interested in the 45acp pistol upper if they prove to be a decent product.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »
I have one, I also have a CZ scorpion.  Both are great guns.  I like my Banshee more than my scorpion so I shoot it more.  Mine is in 9mm.  If you're looking for a 9mm AR, the Banshee is probably the best one available.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 10:52:20 AM »
I have one, I also have a CZ scorpion.  Both are great guns.  I like my Banshee more than my scorpion so I shoot it more.  Mine is in 9mm.  If you're looking for a 9mm AR, the Banshee is probably the best one available.
That looks awesome! 

Thanks for the info.  Can you elaborate on what it is you like better?  Is it just common controls with other AR's, or something more?

Did you buy the upper and use your own lower, or buy a complete out of the box gun?

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 11:28:51 AM »
That looks awesome! 

Thanks for the info.  Can you elaborate on what it is you like better?  Is it just common controls with other AR's, or something more?

Did you buy the upper and use your own lower, or buy a complete out of the box gun?
I bought mine complete.  I like the ergonomics of the AR platform better.   The stock trigger on the CMMG is better, the radial blowback is awesome.  Even after a trigger upgrade on the scorpion, the CMMG is still better.  The safety selector on the scorpion needs to be upgraded so it doesn't dig into your hand and the stock grip is uncomfortable.  I've done all the upgrades and still like my Banshee better.  Don't get me wrong,  the scorpion is an awesome gun and someone with no AR experience may think it's the best gun ever.  If I could only have one though, it's the Banshee hands down.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 11:38:52 AM »
That looks awesome! 

I bought mine complete.  I like the ergonomics of the AR platform better.   The stock trigger on the CMMG is better, the radial blowback is awesome.  Even after a trigger upgrade on the scorpion, the CMMG is still better.  The safety selector on the scorpion needs to be upgraded so it doesn't dig into your hand and the stock grip is uncomfortable.  I've done all the upgrades and still like my Banshee better.  Don't get me wrong,  the scorpion is an awesome gun and someone with no AR experience may think it's the best gun ever.  If I could only have one though, it's the Banshee hands down.
Great info.  Having both AR's and Scorp myself it all makes sense.  How do you find the gas in face is with the can on the banshee?  That is when my AR9 bothered me and made me switch to the Scorp as I always ran 9mm suppressed. 

Thanks Fowl Smacker!

Offline magnanimous_j

• Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 11:46:08 AM »
don't get me wrong,  the scorpion is an awesome gun and someone with no AR experience may think it's the best gun ever. 

That's a really cool looking gun, btw.

I'm curious as to why you think the AR platform is so much better for this? I really want to like AR's. Its just that it seems every one I've ever shot has something weird with it.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 12:20:45 PM »
don't get me wrong,  the scorpion is an awesome gun and someone with no AR experience may think it's the best gun ever. 

That's a really cool looking gun, btw.

I'm curious as to why you think the AR platform is so much better for this? I really want to like AR's. Its just that it seems every one I've ever shot has something weird with it.
I don't necessarily think the AR platform is "better", it is just more comfortable for me.  The Scorpion is a great gun too, and non AR guys may like them better.  I always shoot with glasses on and the blowback while suppressed doesn't really bother me.  It is more noticeable on my 300blk, but still not all that bad.  Another plus the Banshee has for it is that it takes Glock mags which are available pretty much everywhere.

Online b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 12:30:04 PM »
Would the CMMG Banshee but comparable to say the Sig MCX or MPX  Rattler?

These things a definitely cool as he11 looking.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 12:41:05 PM »
Would the CMMG Banshee but comparable to say the Sig MCX or MPX  Rattler?

These things a definitely cool as he11 looking.
I have no personal experience with either.  I'm sure they're awesome firearms as well.  They have an awesome price tag on them.

Offline magnanimous_j

• Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 12:55:26 PM »
I don't understand the appeal of rifle-caliber pistols. A 5.56 out of a 5" barrel has roughly the same kinetic energy as a 9mm out of the same length barrel.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 02:47:39 PM »
I don't understand the appeal of rifle-caliber pistols. A 5.56 out of a 5" barrel has roughly the same kinetic energy as a 9mm out of the same length barrel.
I think the only reason would be standardization of ammo and mags. I've shot some with a 10" barrel with an arm brace that are cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 02:52:12 PM »
If I felt the need for a pistol caliber carbine I would go with one of these.

https://mechtechsys.com

I've seen some video of the 10mm, and if i had a pistol in that caliber id be tempted.

Hitchcock 45 has some videos on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal