collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Fishing Closure, what other options were available?  (Read 13973 times)

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
Re: Fishing Closure, what other options were available?
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2020, 06:43:56 PM »
They can't, it would violate equal protection laws if you did that in addition to being an enforcement nightmare.  It's no different legally than saying only residents of my county can access our hospitals or county streets.

Even if they did, county lines don't extend over most of the water open to fishing in the state, so it would be impossible to enforce there.  How would we measure how many miles from home a guy is, line of sight, over public roads?

I think the decision they came to was they do nothing or close it all down.  If they did nothing, people would congregate in numbers all over the state.

Should we also do something about the stores open?  Absolutely.  We can also do that ourselves my making smart choices.

So if the gov't takes everyone's privileges away equally, then everyone is happy. 

But what's this about being able to make our own choices? 

I get it, but I'm becoming more and more nervous of the gov't controlling our right to assemble, the gov't paying everyone, the gov't bailing out the businesses and I feel like I'm watching my freedoms erode.  All in the name of public safety.  How would this apply to say the 2nd ammendment?

Be grateful Trump and his son support 2nd amendment
Keep the wind in your hair, and the sun at your back.

A gun is a tool, Marion, no better or no worse than any other tool, an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

"Mighty hunter, yes?
Fine figure of a man, yes?
That is all you need to know."

Offline Cougartail

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2020, 06:50:52 PM »
99% of the world will be fine.

People freaking out because the sky is falling. 

I can't fish but I can go to Costco or Walmart.  The closest place to fish to me is 2 miles away.  The closest stoplight in the state to me is 26 miles away.  I guess it's safer to get fish from Walmart.   :bash:

:yeah: x2

That's specifically the issue I have with the fishing closure. The could have easily said fishing only in your county of residence or within so many miles of where you live. All rural Washington people are being penalized because the masses live in the cities.

You could stop far more cases of the virus by requiring people to clean their hand with sanitizer before and after pumping gas or going in and out of stores.

My problem is with the lack of creativity by government and "professionals".
All illegal immigrants should be deported with a liberal under each arm.

Offline Stein

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
So do it yourself and encourage those around you to do the same.

Offline Cougartail

• Political Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »

I work daily with microscopic biologicals. I also live in a area where 1/2 the population crossed into the country illegally and unchecked for disease.

Done it for years.. and been preaching it for years.

All these "sanctuary" types have been endangering my life for years and now they are going to save me and you??? lol

Offline Stein

• Old Salt
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2020, 08:00:00 PM »

I work daily with microscopic biologicals. I also live in a area where 1/2 the population crossed into the country illegally and unchecked for disease.

All these "sanctuary" types have been endangering my life for years and now they are going to save me and you??? lol

We are testing 0.03% of our citizens per day, so we are basically all unchecked.  The battle isn't between political ideologies, it's purely biological.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2020, 08:42:09 PM »
You’d shut down the stores and gas stations.

There literally isn’t enough sanitizer.

I finally scored another bottle yesterday from a distillery... nobody else has any.

Creative solutions only work if they’re practical.

Offline Gobble Doc

• Frontiersman
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2020, 10:01:11 PM »
Were the lakes stocked?  Or are the fish still in pens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pinetar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2020, 10:14:14 PM »
Were the lakes stocked?  Or are the fish still in pens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are trucking them to Idaho and selling them :chuckle:

Offline screedler

• Tracker
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2020, 08:22:59 AM »
The lake I live on got stocked ON the day they announced the closure. The birds are playing catch up

Offline Cougartail

• Political Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2020, 09:07:53 AM »

We are testing 0.03% of our citizens per day, so we are basically all unchecked.  The battle isn't between political ideologies, it's purely biological.

It is not purely biological. Allowing people from countries with poor living conditions, lack of vaccinations, and deceptive governments to come to America is asking for trouble. The globalists and the far left have a agenda that basically sells out our health and security for money, power and a pipe dream nirvana.

Corona 19 isn't the only disease that is coming to America. Isolating people before they get here is fighting a biological battle and isn't done for political reasons.

Offline Stein

• Old Salt
« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2020, 09:18:17 AM »

It is not purely biological. Allowing people from countries with poor living conditions, lack of vaccinations, and deceptive governments to come to America is asking for trouble. The globalists and the far left have a agenda that basically sells out our health and security for money, power and a pipe dream nirvana.

Corona 19 isn't the only disease that is coming to America. Isolating people before they get here is fighting a biological battle and isn't done for political reasons.

All of that has nothing to do with COVID, the first case was in WA and it was a guy that traveled from Snohomish to China and came back.  So, we gave it to ourselves by going somewhere else, pretty much exactly the opposite of immigrants bring it in.

On another note, I'm glad the US provided an opportunity for my grandfather to escape communist rule, I think about 98% of us came from somewhere else.  Of course we should have smart immigration laws, but that doesn't change the reality of COVID or how it got to the US or is spreading now.

Offline Cougartail

• Political Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »
..and if China was being forthright about Corona 19 we could have banned all travel to and from earlier. The Chinese knew about the virus 2 months previous. Deceptive government???

My mom immigrated to America also.. and sat in quarantine for 2 weeks after numerous vaccinations. It was inconvenient for her but that was back when the health and well being of Americans was put first.

Offline JJB11B

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2020, 09:49:39 AM »
I am going to look into taking my boat for a ride..........
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline Stein

• Old Salt
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2020, 09:55:10 AM »
I can't argue with that.

China did announce novel coronavirus on January 7 and our first case was January 20.  We closed travel to China on January 31, two weeks after we knew they had something over there that could be brought back and probably more importantly, 11 days after we had a case and new where and how we got it.

With a global economy, I'm not sure we can act quickly enough, as early as we did it, just imagine what the public would have thought if it was 2 weeks earlier.

I read about 8,000 Americans visit China every day, so about 8,000 a day are coming home during normal times.  If the average stay is one week, then maybe 50,0000 Americans would be stranded over there every time we have to close air travel.  That's a lot of people to check for a new virus that has limited testing available.  Three months later, we can only test 100,000 a day, back then, who knows what the number was, probably a couple hundred a day if that.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:00 AM »
I can't argue with that.

China did announce novel coronavirus on January 7 and our first case was January 20.  We closed travel to China on January 31, two weeks after we knew they had something over there that could be brought back and probably more importantly, 11 days after we had a case and new where and how we got it.

With a global economy, I'm not sure we can act quickly enough, as early as we did it, just imagine what the public would have thought if it was 2 weeks earlier.

I read about 8,000 Americans visit China every day, so about 8,000 a day are coming home during normal times.  If the average stay is one week, then maybe 50,0000 Americans would be stranded over there every time we have to close air travel.  That's a lot of people to check for a new virus that has limited testing available.  Three months later, we can only test 100,000 a day, back then, who knows what the number was, probably a couple hundred a day if that.

As an aside:

In the politics thread, there was some data about roughly 3 million visitors from China last year (250K a month, if you average).   In the two weeks we had known about it, that's about 125K visitors on top of U.S. citizens returning from China. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Knight Bighorn sale by jjhunter
[Today at 06:59:25 AM]

Olympic National Park Goat Hunt Group Anyone? by Rob
[Today at 06:56:33 AM]

WTB 6.5’ Canopy by nwmein199
[Today at 06:22:33 AM]

Any places to Shrimp or crab from shore or pier. by fishngamereaper
[Today at 06:20:34 AM]

$10 sale by rosscrazyelk
[Today at 05:43:13 AM]