collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sous Vide London Broil  (Read 5099 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Sous Vide London Broil
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2020, 01:18:54 PM »
With everything I had read about sous vide I thought it would be a game changer for me with cooking steak.  After trying it now i'm not a fan.  Not sure what it is but I just don't care for it.  I would much rather reverse sear.  Just need a good meat thermometer and it comes out just the way I like it every time.

What was it about the steaks you didn't like? Personally, if you season them before and cook the right amount of time, I've never had a bad one. :dunno:

The taste has been fine.  The texture is off for me I think.

I’m in the same boat with the texture thing. I don’t know what it is, but it seems to make the meat a weird texture, even after a good sear.
Chicken on the other hand is great when done in the Sous Vide.

Try cooking your steaks less time in the bath and see what happens.  :dunno: Just one hour at temp.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2020, 01:20:17 PM »
All I know is that your London broil looks awesome. 
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2020, 10:45:29 AM »
Thanks Dan-O. When I saw that piece of heaven sitting in the case, I told him to forget the cap steak he'd just convinced me to buy.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 04:30:51 PM »
Again, as stated above, if you cook already tender cuts too long, they lose any chew that you'd expect and turn to mush. Try 1-2 hours for NYs, ribeyes, and tenderloin. If the texture is too tough, longer cooking is required and you can dial that up to 8-12 hours or more. I just love mine, although I'm not crazy about the finished texture of chicken breast. As I stated, I use it 2-3 times a week. When your cocktail hour turns into 2 or 3, it's very convenient. :)

I think the longest I have done has been 4-5hrs, shortest has been 1hr.  All have been NY's or ribeye's. 

Weird....I love all the chicken that I have done.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:36:35 PM by Bigshooter »
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal