collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Montana Trip  (Read 10986 times)

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Montana Trip
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »
 Slyr- ya, still going to Lewistown, can't get here quick enough.

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 01:58:52 PM »
I was right in between Lewistown and Winnett back in September.  Decided to go back for Archery season this year.  Man I wish I was gettin' ready to go back!!  Huntin' back there in September was something, but nothing beats huntin' those Mulies in November.

Good luck to all you guys......

Here's at least two animals you guys won't see when you go back there  ;)

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 02:03:40 PM »
 Real sweet, nice shot on the whitetail. Gimongous bull. Did you hunt BMA lands/ State/ both?

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 02:25:31 PM »
I hunted some Private, some Block Management, and some BLM.  There's quite a bit of all three. 

Wasn't after a Whitetail at all, but couldn't resist going after him with that velvet.  That was private property we had permission to hunt.  The Elk was on BLM that bordered it.  Last hour of my last day there....pretty lucky!

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »
 Nice! We have a pretty sure thing at a cow elk when we go, though I haven't decided yet if I will take one or not. I would not pass on a bull in our deer area though, but the cow elk area we've been invited too is a little ways from our deer area, not sure if we'll head over there or not, nice to have options though.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
Very nice Slyr, can't complain about that. Unfortunatly the bulls in the area we hunt deer are draw only. Too bad too, there are some dandy bulls on my friends ranch. We will head back west, after we tag our deer, and see if we can find a couple bulls in the Dillon area, thats where we hunt the archery season...............rf
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jae

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 09:18:26 PM »
Good Luck!

Offline WAmuleyHunter

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »
Im jealous of you Rob, you better kill that big one this year. no taking pictures this time!!! haha, anyways guys, Dad and I will be leaving around the 11th for lewistown ourselves. To the ranch he and i have been hunting for somewhere around 14 years.  I cant wait, i love having a Montana Vacation!!!! Good luck to all.

Garrett

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 08:35:24 AM »
No need to be jealous G, I'll drag you over there next time you draw anything other than a landowner tag..........................rf
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Bearhunter

• Go in Lite come out Heavy!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »
You lucky dogs, all my hunting buddys left without me at 2:30 this morning headed for fort Peck then to dillion after the tag out at peck.  I stuck at home waiting with my 3 points for next year.  I got a little one on the way in 13 days so i couldnt make the trip over this year, Im pretty bummed right now.  But so excited for the new addition to come so its worth it to miss a season.  Good luck to everyone!
Go in Lite come out Heavy!

Offline missinmt

• Fishin' or Huntin'
  • Tracker
  • John 3:16
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
Leaving Sunday morning at o'dark thirty for our trip.  Bro-in-law and nephew.  The nephew is the real reason for this trip.  Dad got him a landowner sponsor tag and I am the guide on this trip, no shooting for me as I am focused on him.  I am always excited to help get a young man his first big buck, and I think he won't be disappointed.  He has been calling and emailing me for two solid months.  All my stories are keeping him awake!  That is a great feeling.  I hope to have a myriad of photos and goofy stories about the trip upon my return next week-end to share with you all.   :IBCOOL:
If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »
Just talked to a friend that went over Friday. He said they passed on a big 5x5 whitetail 10 minutes into the hunt and saw several 4x4's about 24"-25" by the end of the day. Says there are deer everywhere and is trying to hold out for a big one. His grilfriend is with him and hunting too, I will post pics when they tag something. 5 more days, sleep is getting increasingly hard to come by.............rf

Offline hogsniper

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »
My uncle and cousin shot 2  six point bulls and also a 170 class 4 point..i will post pics when i get them....good luck over there...Justin

They say the deer are everywhere...Gosh am i jealous of all u goin over there...

Offline cipryan

• Tracker
  • The Mighty Milk River
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »
headed back to milk river country this weekend.  Can't wait to get in those cottonwoods.  I have 8 tags to fill.
Tell me how many pieces of flair you want me to wear.

Offline biffm84

• Pilgrim
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 03:12:06 PM »
Sounds like the Lewistown area is quite popular.  We own a small little place in Roy and hunt BLM, private land and block management.   The best part of that, is we are leaving Friday.  Good luck to everyone else!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal