collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt: BUCK DOWN Y'ALL!  (Read 80432 times)

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2020, 04:45:24 PM »
If a crossbow is needed (or anything else for that matter)  I'll throw a $100 at it.

I’m in for another 100.00!  Lets get this kiddo hooked up!!! 
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline Jlittlebear31

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 05:43:42 PM »
What an incredible response guys!  I too don't post often, only a few stories here and there, but I monitor and read daily.  This story is unique as Josh is my brother and the young man in question, my nephew.  To say he is deserving of this hunt is an understatement!  This is a young man, who regularly has to travel to Florida to undergo surgeries and months of physical therapy and other extreme pain.  He is surrounded by supportive family and friends and it appears a new batch of friends.  Thank you all again for the support and the offers!
Jake
"Raise your sons to be men and your daughters to accept nothing less"

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2020, 05:52:50 PM »
Josh, you need to take Pinetar up on his amazing offer! Seriously, say yes  :chuckle:

Pinetar, good on you buddy! Quit playing with fish and get back here for the serious stuff :tup:

Whoa Whoa Karl!! I have to fish so I can afford to hunt :chuckle: And you never know one of these pesky Blacktails just might get in my way up here. Could be in self defense :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2020, 06:27:37 PM »
What an incredible response guys!  I too don't post often, only a few stories here and there, but I monitor and read daily.  This story is unique as Josh is my brother and the young man in question, my nephew.  To say he is deserving of this hunt is an understatement!  This is a young man, who regularly has to travel to Florida to undergo surgeries and months of physical therapy and other extreme pain.  He is surrounded by supportive family and friends and it appears a new batch of friends.  Thank you all again for the support and the offers!
Jake

He sounds like a great/tough little man Jlittlebear. I'm pretty sure he can get er done on this piece of property but obviously there are never any guarantees. There is always half a dozen plus legal kid type bucks and we always leave it for kids that are hunting for the first time.

It would be a lot of fun to help him get his first buck and he sounds very deserving of it. I also have a shooting range where he can shoot prior to the hunt. More than likely it would be under 150 yard shot.

PM your cell# and I can send you some pics of some of the bucks that you can show the young man

Offline Wunderlich33

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • You sure you know how to skin Griz?
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2020, 07:38:16 PM »
My offer is still good for donating $100 to him towards his first deer rifle / scope or gear he may want/need. I understand with current events with the  economy it may be tough to donate.

Let’s see what we can do HuntWa!

Online Buckhunter24

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2020, 07:40:22 PM »
Right on Pinetar, that's awesome of you  :tup:

Offline Bareback

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »
If Pinetar’s fine offer does not pan out PM me for details. I can get you in a ground blind on Whidbey. We have a few more days of regular season and a late season. Good luck.  :tup:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2020, 08:31:10 PM »
My offer is still good for donating $100 to him towards his first deer rifle / scope or gear he may want/need. I understand with current events with the  economy it may be tough to donate.

yep same here
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »
Jake

He sounds like a great/tough little man Jlittlebear. I'm pretty sure he can get er done on this piece of property but obviously there are never any guarantees. There is always half a dozen plus legal kid type bucks and we always leave it for kids that are hunting for the first time.

It would be a lot of fun to help him get his first buck and he sounds very deserving of it. I also have a shooting range where he can shoot prior to the hunt. More than likely it would be under 150 yard shot.

PM your cell# and I can send you some pics of some of the bucks that you can show the young man
right on pinetar! Solid offer. I hope the op takes you up on it. I know you guys will get him on a good deer and make some great memories for him!
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2020, 08:50:00 PM »

yep same here

I'm in for 100.00 as well, just lmk.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2020, 09:03:25 PM »
Leave it to hunt wa...we don't even know gesr needs and we are resfy for a new rifle! Love it. I'll hold off on jumping in until we hear more from our op. Is he set on gear. Need a knife, gane4bsgs? Cabelas gc do he van choise? Very much looking forward to this outcome.

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2020, 09:41:09 PM »
I'm in for $50, retired old man ya know :hello:
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline hunt6226

• Hunter
  • Groups: nra, sci
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2020, 10:28:35 PM »
Hoping for a good hunt for the young man. I am in for $100.00 also. Lmk when/where.
I live close to Monroe myself.
This is really great

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2020, 10:31:05 PM »
Once we know what is needed post up details and I'll chip in as well.
In God we trust, all others bring cash.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2020, 07:33:15 AM »
WOW!! You guys are amazing. He is going to be all decked out for this hunt. His dad (op) has been super busy but I have been communicating with his Uncle and he sounds like a super great kid that has been through a lot for such a young man.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]