collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: M103-A3 Trailer - Kitchen, Field, Trailer Mounted  (Read 392 times)

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
M103-A3 Trailer - Kitchen, Field, Trailer Mounted
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:42:51 AM »
I bought this with plans to convert it to an off-road hunting/camping trailer but didnt have the time and am now moving. This is a pretty interesting trailer, it is built on the M103-A3 chassis and was designated Kitchen, Field, Trailer Mounted. The trailer in travel mode measures 78w X 106l (excluding tongue).  With sides folded down it measures 13w X 16l and is set up with 3 sets of stairs. There is heavy duty 4-corner gear-operated stabilizer jacks. Stowed, the roof is ~5 tall, but using these a geared lift will lift it to an inside height of ~7.  My idea was to strip most of the interior, install a wood stove and then have cots to put out around the perimeter. 

The kitchen module is mostly aluminum and originally came with a full canvas travel wrap as well as full surrounding canvas with bug net. The interior canvas is still in pretty good shape but the wrapping canvas has much failed stitching. To my knowledge, all the canvas is there as a template or to restitch if possible. Some of the original kitchen units are still in it as well as the ovens (minus the cooker parts), some serving utensils and knives, I think 4-5 insulated Cambro serving boxes https://www.webstaurantstore.com/cambro-upcs180131-dark-brown-s-series-ultra-food-pan-carrier-insulated-top-loading/214UPCS180BR.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_ubznqbr6gIVEtbACh1FqA2IEAQYBiABEgJ4RvD_BwE with 3 stainless food containers in each , and ~9 Cambro insulated drink coolers https://www.webstaurantstore.com/cambro-500lcd131-camtainer-4-75-gallon-dark-brown-insulated-beverage-dispenser/214500LCDCB.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv_GJ-qXr6gIVAtvACh0kTgwBEAQYAyABEgKl8vD_BwE

Overall the unit is in pretty good condition with normal wear n tear.  Trailer tows great, I towed it 250 miles with an F-150 and no trailer brakes without issue. I would probably convert the brakes or tow with a bigger truck if I were to keep it. I never converted the military 8-pin wiring to a standard 7-pin but have some Harbor Freight magnetic lights for the time being. The landing gear/jack is slightly bent so it does not lock up, but does lock down n lift the trailer off the pintle hitch easily.

Bill of Sale only, it was bought in OR and I was not going to register it here until I had it road ready.

I can send more info or pics (text or call 5oh9-433-one238)

Located in Humptulips

Asking $800 obo, potentially trade for certain firearms, Stihl 440-660...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:16:42 AM by j_h_nimrod »

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: M103-A3 Trailer - Kitchen, Field, Trailer Mounted
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
This would be pretty easy to turn into a heavy duty single axle wood hauler, flat bed, or utility trailer. Make an offer, I need it gone.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics