collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf conservation advocate dismissed from WDFW advisory panel  (Read 7216 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Wolf conservation advocate dismissed from WDFW advisory panel
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 11:06:07 AM »
The submit a comment online link is dead, goes to the page but no comment field.

You have to wait a few seconds for the page to load. I just tried it. The link is good. :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »
Good to see him gone. His lawsuits, and feeding of information to other (often out-of-state) litigants, were extremely counterproductive and against the agreements made among WAG members to work in good faith.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Chase what's conservation NW's position is using all legal and proven means to control exploding wolf and other predator populations ? Like hunting with dogs and using trapping and aerial shooting to help control exploding wolf populations?

Sure you'll disappear again.

Offline CGDucksandDeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: cgducksanddeer
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »
Good to see him gone. His lawsuits, and feeding of information to other (often out-of-state) litigants, were extremely counterproductive and against the agreements made among WAG members to work in good faith.

Well, it is hunting season.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 04:13:07 AM »
Conservation groups sue U.S. Forest Service for cattle over-grazing in Colville

“I’ve lived and worked in the Kettle River Range for over three decades and can attest to the immense damage done by cattle overgrazing each and every year,” said Kettle Range Director, Timothy Coleman.”

https://www.kxly.com/conservation-groups-sue-u-s-forest-service-for-cattle-over-grazing-in-colville/

Conservation groups protest to Gov. Inslee

Conservation groups have appealed to Gov. Jay Inslee to intervene after an outspoken wolf conservation advocate was abruptly dismissed from a citizen group that advises state wildlife officials on the management of endangered gray wolves.

Timothy Coleman of Republic, who has been openly critical of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) decisions to kill wolves that attack livestock, was removed from the Wolf Advisory Group by WDFW Director Kelly Susewind last week.

https://methowvalleynews.com/2020/08/19/wolf-conservation-advocate-dismissed-from-wdfw-advisory-panel/

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only.  s:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 04:19:25 AM by wolfbait »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 08:27:22 AM »
Overgrazing my arse, they'll snap pics right near the cattle drop locations that does get grazed hard, but its a very small dot in a vast forest, a forest that is way undergrazed due to lack of ungulates! (Increasing fire fuels)

Cattle are doing what elk/deer *should* be doing, if ever WA pulls their heads out and starts building ungulate herds then we can look at overgrazing issues or potential conflicts.

June through sept is important to graze, it encourages the fall greenup and builds nutritionally dense forage the snow then covers and preserves through winter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Slenk

• Hunter
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 09:34:52 AM »
I am going to put my 2 cents in even if it's not worth much. I am 80 years old . I grew up in ranching and forest grazing. Have been involved  in the cattle business  most of my life. When the ranchers were grazing more of  the forests we did not have the fires we have now. We also  had more Deer & Elk and also game birds.

Offline bornhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 09:39:10 AM »
I am going to put my 2 cents in even if it's not worth much. I am 80 years old . I grew up in ranching and forest grazing. Have been involved  in the cattle business  most of my life. When the ranchers were grazing more of  the forests we did not have the fires we have now. We also  had more Deer & Elk and also game birds.
:yeah:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 09:43:13 AM »
Yeah

Amazes me how many hunters hate cattle, mostly cause they get in their trail cams bait I suppose

All a guy gotta do is string some peckerpoles around their salt/hay/corn like a corral, use hemp rope or sisal and lash them to a tree, don't take a whole lot to keep em out.

Cheaper than feeding the cows lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline kodiak10

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »
I am currently working on my masters in conservation... My ideas on this.

It seems like the lawsuits and pressure from "conservation" groups are really in part motivated by the ease of getting funding from the public. It is real easy to sell the idea of the "evil" removal of wolves but harder to get funding for real science aimed at improving policy and real conservation.

Furthermore, the idea that you can actively work to sue the board you are on and then when you are removed it is "silencing of a voice" is wild. Despite your opinion you should expect to be removed if you inhibit the functioning of the organization you are in.   

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 11:14:51 AM »
I am currently working on my masters in conservation... My ideas on this.

It seems like the lawsuits and pressure from "conservation" groups are really in part motivated by the ease of getting funding from the public. It is real easy to sell the idea of the "evil" removal of wolves but harder to get funding for real science aimed at improving policy and real conservation.

Furthermore, the idea that you can actively work to sue the board you are on and then when you are removed it is "silencing of a voice" is wild. Despite your opinion you should expect to be removed if you inhibit the functioning of the organization you are in.

ESA species and the FWS and or USFS have had lots of sue and settle lawsuits where said "Conservation groups" achieve most of their litigious funding. oftentimes this was done with very friendly insiders. One of 2 things should happen. either these kinds of funding avenues need to be closed, or  more sportsmen orientated groups should adopt these same practices so that more can be reversed when  the opportunity arises.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 07:28:15 PM »

I figured you would be out spiking trees with your Boss and eco terrrorist Mitch Friedman.

Good thing he had logging and all forest management shut down in California, Oregon and Washington.  How many millions acres of trees have been destroyed because of your eco terrorist boss at conservation NW?Whats the carbon emissions of these forest fires the past 20 years due to forest management being shut down by ecoterrorists?

Well, it is hunting season.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87