collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Please....  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Dmanmastertracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
    • Flickr Photo Album
Please....
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
 From a frustrated reader, please, if you are going to post political information on legislation of any kind, please don't just throw up a two sentence blurb and expect everyone to know the details about a 38 page document and what your talking about based on that :bash: :bash: :bash:. Please post enough information on: where to find the entire document referred to, author, title and significance, links, etc.. Without that information, many just shake their head and move on and it's a shame because there are probably some worthy causes mentioned.

:twocents:

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
Re: Please....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »
What are you talking about?  :dunno:

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 06:41:22 PM »
It happens. I don't have any specific situations as of late to use as an example. In general I agree that the source of the bill is important.

• Frontiersman
    • Flickr Photo Album
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 07:45:31 PM »
 Yes, I don't want to single anyone out, hell I'm sure I do it once in a while myself. It's important when you cite a published work to cite your reference, not just so people know how they can find that work to read the whole thing, but in some cases, depending on how you reference someone else's published work to not reference it, or improperly reference it can get you fined. Not in this forum of course, but it is still a good habit to get in to. There really have been some threads I would liked to have known more about that lacked enough info to be able to find out what they were really talking about.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »
Good point.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
please don't just throw up a two sentence blurb and expect everyone to know the details

I would agree with that but aren't you doing the same thing on this post, example or details? :dunno:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 09:00:50 PM »
I would agree with that but aren't you doing the same thing on this post, example or details? :dunno:

I was thinking the same thing.  :chuckle:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:38:09 AM by Curly »
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

• Frontiersman
    • Flickr Photo Album
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 07:30:14 AM »
please don't just throw up a two sentence blurb and expect everyone to know the details

I don't see where you would get that, I'm not quoting someone, or referencing a published work, I made a general statement without referencing anything specific. I'm not comfortable singling anyone out as an example, I think the definition above is pretty reasonable. If you are talking about a bill, regs., any book, newspaper, or any other publication, you need to cite your source and tell people where to find it, particularly if you quote someone. List the author, name of their work, pages found on, etc.. At the very least a link would be good.

Offline oneezreiter

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 07:39:15 AM »
I agree completly.  And I am glad that he hasn't singled anyone out, I think that in this  case it would not serve any real purpose, it would just bew rude.
Of all the branches of men in the forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners." 

Sir Winston Churchill

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal