collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Alkali Muzzy Starting Tomorrow  (Read 9699 times)

Offline sjhgraysage

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Alkali Muzzy Starting Tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 11:34:00 AM »
that is great news  :tup:

Offline wheels

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 02:08:32 PM »
congrats

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2020, 08:22:45 PM »
How quickly things change!! Way to stick with it! Congrats  :IBCOOL:

Offline Hilltop123

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2020, 08:33:24 PM »
Congrats!

Offline thurman

• Hunter
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2020, 06:28:53 AM »
I'm hoping to get in there and scout one more time before my rifle hunt starts.

Offline Hilltop123

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2020, 06:39:17 AM »
Where did you go?

Offline bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »
Wow.  This thread came to a screeching halt.  Any other Alkali tag holders out there with any updates?  I'll be over mid October for my cow hunt.  Heading to Idaho for the rifle season first.

Offline bustedoldman

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • TEAM Potbelly Stallions
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2020, 07:11:02 AM »
I have been busy helping friends/family with muzzy hunting and getting ready to head to Montana. I haven't heard much from the others that are out there, they opened up some more units but still seems a little slow. The last I knew there were only 2 bulls and a cow taken out, i'm sure someone that has been there recently can chime in......

Offline wheels

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2020, 10:46:53 AM »
was there saturday  saw one heard of cows with bull in tow

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2020, 06:02:19 PM »
I hunted the past two weeks. It was nice they opened a few more areas up out there. I was looking for a respectable bull. No rag horns. The luck I’ve had on this trip is the worst I’ve ever had hunting. One morning I had a shot at a 320 6x6 at 156 yards. Which I consider a chip shot. There was a barbed wire fence running down the hill and I hit a strand of wire and missed. What are the odds of that? Later that night I got on a 350 class bull at 80 yards at last light And got a round in him. He went up to the ridge with a cow pushing him up the hill. He was not looking good. Went back the next day and looked all day for him with no luck. Saw all the bulls and cows he was with and he was no longer around. That kind of put a real sour taste in my mouth. Did probably 10 miles searching and those breaks in there are no joke. Then on Sunday I ran into a master hunter who saw a nice bull the night before down in a heavily tall sage brush draw. I set up the spotter and couldn’t see anything. I dove off anyways. Got down in the and the sage was up there around 8’ tall. Bumped a 300 class 6 point that stood broadside on the hill at 50 yards. I squeezed the trigger and click. My secondary safety had screwed itself down from driving those great roads in there. By the time I got it squared away Bull was 270 yards. Yep terrible luck for me this year. Kinda hard to swallow waiting 13 years for a bull tag. I had some great opportunities at good bulls. I might have a little time to get back out this weekend. Maybe I will cross paths with a raghorn and everything will go just right  :chuckle:
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline bustedoldman

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • TEAM Potbelly Stallions
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2020, 06:39:21 PM »
I hunted the past two weeks. It was nice they opened a few more areas up out there. I was looking for a respectable bull. No rag horns. The luck I’ve had on this trip is the worst I’ve ever had hunting. One morning I had a shot at a 320 6x6 at 156 yards. Which I consider a chip shot. There was a barbed wire fence running down the hill and I hit a strand of wire and missed. What are the odds of that? Later that night I got on a 350 class bull at 80 yards at last light And got a round in him. He went up to the ridge with a cow pushing him up the hill. He was not looking good. Went back the next day and looked all day for him with no luck. Saw all the bulls and cows he was with and he was no longer around. That kind of put a real sour taste in my mouth. Did probably 10 miles searching and those breaks in there are no joke. Then on Sunday I ran into a master hunter who saw a nice bull the night before down in a heavily tall sage brush draw. I set up the spotter and couldn’t see anything. I dove off anyways. Got down in the and the sage was up there around 8’ tall. Bumped a 300 class 6 point that stood broadside on the hill at 50 yards. I squeezed the trigger and click. My secondary safety had screwed itself down from driving those great roads in there. By the time I got it squared away Bull was 270 yards. Yep terrible luck for me this year. Kinda hard to swallow waiting 13 years for a bull tag. I had some great opportunities at good bulls. I might have a little time to get back out this weekend. Maybe I will cross paths with a raghorn and everything will go just right  :chuckle:

I thought for sure I'd have seen you post up with a masher!! We'll see you post one this weekend for sure.....

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2020, 07:45:56 PM »

I thought for sure I'd have seen you post up with a masher!! We'll see you post one this weekend for sure.....
thanks! Did your buddy’s boy get his cow?

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2020, 01:40:22 AM »
Last day bull with 20 minutes of shooting light left. What a roller coaster ride of a hunt. It’s not the biggest bull out there but with the way things played out with this hunt I could not be any happier!

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2020, 05:22:00 AM »
Nice Bull, way to get er done Heath :tup: Congrats!!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2020, 06:19:19 AM »
Nothing wrong with that bull in any part of the State. Good job  :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 11:53:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]