collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW going around law makers ????????????  (Read 17244 times)

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Re: WDFW going around law makers ????????????
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 08:45:54 AM »
seems super simple to me.
e bike has a motor right? shouldn't be allowed in motorized areas.
solution? get a regular bike as well or find another area to hunt that allow motorized vehicles.  The lands are still public, they just have laws.  they aren't keeping you out of the land.  public roads have speed limits and laws about what types of vehicles are allowed on them right?
 :dunno:
Part of the issue is that the laws don't consider them motorized until they hit a certain speed or power or other features.  Until that point they are considered electric assisted bikes.  We all know it has a motor, but legally it isn't.
right, but all this does is allow companies to develop RIGHT until the edge of the threshold.
there's a reason kicker motors are all 9.9, or all of those little scooters are 49CC

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2020, 08:51:08 AM »
I know private property owners (timber cos) can ban anything they want and Hancock has posted gates near me that clearly state no e-bikes, so maybe wdfw is aligning with some of their largest private holdings partners in order to eliminate any confusion on whether or not they can be used here but not there.
Timber company told me they consider them motorized.  Can bring one but it has to be outfitted as a motorized vehicle--decal, CB, fire extinguisher, axe, shovel and can't exceed 25 mph (plus all the other car rules).

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2020, 08:51:43 AM »
I do not have an e bike,never have,but us hunters and other outdoorsman jeepers snowmobilers horse riders etc all need to stick together,who cares "karen".

An e bike in my opinion is no diff than an electric scooter that allows someone that is too obeste to get around,you that want to ban the e bike that helps people that may or may not be able to get around as good as others to be banned from being able to do so?you think e scooters should be banned?

People are always trying to ban things that bring economy to this country,why?
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2020, 08:56:25 AM »
Not an e bike hater but don't like the attitude that some owners have. Had a conversation this weekend on the coast with a couple that was going to ride in behind a closed gate/non motorized area. Lets just say they where very passionate about their bikes. Needless to say they moved on when I pointed out the area may or may not have active enforcement and surveillance in place.

If you own one ride it on designated orv trails. Simple. But non motorized areas means non motorized. It means that I train all year so I can access gated areas 6,8,10 miles either on mnt bike, foot, or a combo of both. I know after a couple miles I've separated myself from most hunters.

If e bikes where legal I can only imagine how many people would be accessing these areas.

Spot on!
Not to put you out there but like most that don't like what others do would it be fair to say you don't like certain things because it gets in your way personally.You want things banned so you personally have better chances?Is that correct?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2020, 08:57:20 AM »
Their property, they make the rules. Want to make your own, buy property.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2020, 08:58:53 AM »
 :yeah:  this is the only thing said about banning anything in this thread that makes sense.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:04 AM »
:yeah:  this is the only thing said about banning anything in this thread that makes sense.

Garbage. It's not "banning" to limit them to motorized trails and areas.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »
the statement h20 made is not garbage it is fact.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2020, 09:08:12 AM »
Rather than ban E-bikes, quads, dual sports, etc. etc. etc......wouldn't be easier to just designate "walk in only" areas.  If there is a gate on the road post the gate.  If there is a trailhead, post the trailhead.  Idaho does this and it appears to be working.  Some of Idaho's gates only allow horseback or foot traffic, others allow quads uder 50"...and some are open to whatever you want to drive or ride on it. 

Next thing you know, the same hunting group that hates e-bikes will be wanting to ban equestrian travel.  Then it will be gate all roads and only the elite athlete has the right to hunt.   Where does it end?   

For the record, I am not an e-bike owner.

I believe this misses the mark. Horses are not new technology, ebikes are. This is just the process of figuring out where they fit in the scheme of (motorized) travel.

No dog in this fight, but why would it matter if it was a horse or an ebike? Both provide an advantage to the user vs the walk in guy. Both damage trails, both allow some people to access an area that they may not otherwise be able to access. I do not see a real big difference?

There are horse trails and bike trails and there are motorized trails. Sometimes they overlap and sometimes they don't. I don't think it's a big difference either but it is a difference and I think ebikes are finding their place which is motorized travel  :tup:
A lot of people with limits have turned to ebikes to travel in the outdoors.

WE CAN ALL SHARE THE OUTDOORS,WE DON'T NEED SEGRIGATION OUTSIDE TOO DO WE?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »
Some of you are making this an I want I want entitlement accommodate everyone/anyone issue.  I am not of that cloth.  Cant do it , youre done.  Whats next, when youre too old do you think wdfw should provide wheelchair pushers to get you to your old favorite hunting/fishing spot ?  Come on, get  over it.  NON motorized means just that.

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 09:28:00 AM »
Mr. @trophyhunt, Jerry, I asked this earlier can you please give me your thoughts?

Now answer me this...You say they don't offer much of an advantage over a mountain bike. Why spend the money then? How can somebody who hasn't ridden one not have a clue what they're talking about but an Ebike doesn't offer an advantage? How can those things both be true?
sorry Jon, work got in the way, lol.  I spent the money because I had false hopes of it being better, I thought the bike would take me miles on our hills.  I thought I’d be easier to pack in and pack out, I turned 51 this year and staying in shape gets harder each year.  When I never rode one, my impression was they were more like a dirt bike, I never realized how much physical work is still needed.  I rode an older one a friend owns and wasn’t too impressed, but I figured the new models were better, mine is better but not what I expected.  I said people who haven’t ridden them don’t have a clue because I was that person, I didn’t really have a clue how good/bad they worked until I bought one. I’d say the biggest advantage is, if your not in Karl Blanchard shape, lol, you don’t end up pushing your bike and cart up the hill. But you still have to work, you can’t just push the throttle and expect it to make any big hill, you have to pedal. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »
Some of you are making this an I want I want entitlement accommodate everyone/anyone issue.  I am not of that cloth.  Cant do it , youre done.  Whats next, when youre too old do you think wdfw should provide wheelchair pushers to get you to your old favorite hunting/fishing spot ?  Come on, get  over it.  NON motorized means just that.
UMMM,Yeah.  :yeah:

You think because your limited that you can't?No.The only limits that make people with limits can't is laws like this.The i want i want sentiment goes both ways.you think you can get 20 miles out before daylight when you only have limited hunting seasons and oportunities,Awesome.why limit the other guy?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2020, 09:30:43 AM »
Totally against
Let me know where to voice my concern. :chuckle: :chuckle:
WDFW has access agreements with many timber company's that allow us to access with no motorized vehicles.
With that said almost all timber land has signs that say no e bikes or no motorized vehicles ,I don't think we should give up access to thousands of acres of land so a few rich people can ride on there e bike.
Now with that said ,20 years ago you didn't see very many ATV .Before you know it everybody will have a e bike ,And no animals to hunt.We are already headed in that direction on some public land areas.

It's a bad idea,with a bad investment, just my  :twocents:
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2020, 09:35:11 AM »
 :o now its about the people that have money?

The user group against user group was just extended.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2020, 09:35:37 AM »
Rather than ban E-bikes, quads, dual sports, etc. etc. etc......wouldn't be easier to just designate "walk in only" areas.  If there is a gate on the road post the gate.  If there is a trailhead, post the trailhead.  Idaho does this and it appears to be working.  Some of Idaho's gates only allow horseback or foot traffic, others allow quads uder 50"...and some are open to whatever you want to drive or ride on it. 

Next thing you know, the same hunting group that hates e-bikes will be wanting to ban equestrian travel.  Then it will be gate all roads and only the elite athlete has the right to hunt.   Where does it end?   

For the record, I am not an e-bike owner.

I believe this misses the mark. Horses are not new technology, ebikes are. This is just the process of figuring out where they fit in the scheme of (motorized) travel.

No dog in this fight, but why would it matter if it was a horse or an ebike? Both provide an advantage to the user vs the walk in guy. Both damage trails, both allow some people to access an area that they may not otherwise be able to access. I do not see a real big difference?

There are horse trails and bike trails and there are motorized trails. Sometimes they overlap and sometimes they don't. I don't think it's a big difference either but it is a difference and I think ebikes are finding their place which is motorized travel  :tup:
A lot of people with limits have turned to ebikes to travel in the outdoors.

WE CAN ALL SHARE THE OUTDOORS,WE DON'T NEED SEGRIGATION OUTSIDE TOO DO WE?

Umm we have it. Seasons, restrictions, closed roads, equipment, weapon choice, trail types, wilderness, permits...

Mr. @trophyhunt, Jerry, I asked this earlier can you please give me your thoughts?

Now answer me this...You say they don't offer much of an advantage over a mountain bike. Why spend the money then? How can somebody who hasn't ridden one not have a clue what they're talking about but an Ebike doesn't offer an advantage? How can those things both be true?
sorry Jon, work got in the way, lol.  I spent the money because I had false hopes of it being better, I thought the bike would take me miles on our hills.  I thought I’d be easier to pack in and pack out, I turned 51 this year and staying in shape gets harder each year.  When I never rode one, my impression was they were more like a dirt bike, I never realized how much physical work is still needed.  I rode an older one a friend owns and wasn’t too impressed, but I figured the new models were better, mine is better but not what I expected.  I said people who haven’t ridden them don’t have a clue because I was that person, I didn’t really have a clue how good/bad they worked until I bought one. I’d say the biggest advantage is, if your not in Karl Blanchard shape, lol, you don’t end up pushing your bike and cart up the hill. But you still have to work, you can’t just push the throttle and expect it to make any big hill, you have to pedal. 

I feel for ya on that. I agree with the earlier stated sentiment of getting out ahead of technology improvements and knowing that ebikes will only get "better" is enough in my mind to restrict them now. Even IF they aren't currently much of an advantage.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal