collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ever have this happen?  (Read 7618 times)

Offline Cougeyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Ever have this happen?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 08:33:08 AM »
I hunt the Teanaway and could see that happening, not that I do, but there are so many people out there its unbelievable.  That's why we hunt up really high and get away from all the morons that call themselves hunters.

Offline Buckshot Bill

• Scout
  • Just a YARnaby
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 08:37:15 AM »
I think I tripped over your cousin's pile :chuckle:.  It's hard to find areas that aren't overpopulated with hunters during modern season on public land.  Just gettin friggin crazy :bash:.  Guess I should blow the dust of my bow and start going archery again.  A little safer ya know!  Even up high in the Teanaway there are too many hunters.  Not as many but still they are there.  That's were I go also.  Just takes me 3 times as long to get there these days.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 09:16:38 AM »
"I can still work up a lot of anger just going over it in my mind."

Hey DJR, no need to apologize for the rant, I hear ya. This happened on the 20th and I just got all PO'd about it again last night while reading someone Else's post about something.

I am just amazed how many of us have had similar experiences with these "citioits", good word polarbear!!!! :chuckle: I don't think I will ever look at the Declaration of Independence the same again either ;D

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Palmer

• Scout
  • Educated from the wilderness
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »
How recent are these instances?  Because when I here these types of stories they are usually from my fathers generation before hunter orange and hunter education requirements.  I'm just wondering if it has gotten safer or more dangerous.

West of Goldendale can have alot of hunters.  I spooked a deer and a shot went wizzing by me so I hit the deck.  I never went back.  Many deer but too many hunters.  I didn't feel angry but just that it was dangerous when too many hunters are in the same area.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »
Hey Palmer, I don't know how recent the others were but mine happened a couple weeks ago.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline SptnStlk

• Pilgrim
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 10:15:02 PM »
This topic brings back bad memories; and is why I too now mainly bow hunt. One of my worst encouters was up near Springdale during the buck hunt a few years back. I had spotted and was watching some does on the hill side above me when I here a truck coming up a road about 200 yards below me. When the truck comes into view, it was chalk full of rednecks (a full cab and two guys in the bed with guns propped on the cab).  As soon as they spot me all guns go into my direction. Being more pissed then smart at the time I make my way down to confront them. As, I am having a discussion with the driver one of the guys in the bed finally spots the does above and points the gun through me to look at the deer. At this point it took every ounce of restraint not to "OK Corral" it out with them right then and there(thankfully I have a family). Realizing I was not dealing with a complete brain in the whole truck and being severely out gunned I walked away and turned them into F&G, and in typical F&G fashion never heard back a thing. But probally the worst part about this whole incident was there was a little kid in the truck with all these stupid Aholes. So, the stupidity continues thru the generations...  >:(

Offline DJR

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 04:46:28 AM »

The incident that happened to me was on the 15th or 16th of last month. After many years of archery and muzzle loader hunting I thought I'd give the center fire season another look. Not sure what I'm going to do next season.

DJR

Offline Palmer

• Scout
  • Educated from the wilderness
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 05:13:54 AM »
Should we be calling the wdfw and letting them know where and when these incidences are happening.  Every year its probably the same ahole in the same location at the same time of the year.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 08:26:36 AM »
"Should we be calling the wdfw and letting them know where and when these incidences are happening."

This brings up a another question. Last year my brother and I spotted a "super forky" in the Twisp River Valley area and watched him a couple mornings in a row. I was sitting in the middle of a draw and he was sitting a couple draws over. This buck stayed in the same area for the two days we saw him. Glassing on the second morning I spotted him with a couple does working the bottoms below me and heading toward my brother. I let my brother know on the radio that the big 2 we had been seeing was heading his way and to watch to see if he kicked up any others. After sitting for a few hours I got up and headed back toward the truck, which my brother had already reached. I made it over to the last ridge and spotted a hunter down in the bottom following that big 2 point. The buck was wide for a 2, maybe 25"-26" and pretty heavy. Anyhow I watched this guy follow it over a low saddle toward the dirt road. I got on the radio and had my brother drive down the road and watch this guy come over the saddle to see if he was really after that 2. Sure enough, my brother called me back and said the guy was aiming at him once he crested the ridge. "BANG"  I couldn't believe it. I walked down the hill to the saddle they went over and saw the guy over the buck. I went down and looked it and sure enough the Swaros hadn't let me down, it was a big 2 point with nobs on his bases. I asked the guy if he knew it was 3 point or better and he said "this is a 3 point". He then pointed at the little nobs, about 1/4" long and said "see" I just said good luck with that and left. My brother was sitting watching the whole thing and picked me up and drove me up the road to my car. I got in the car and went into town to the police station. They got in touch with the game officer in the area and put me on the phone. While I was on the phone with him my cell phone rang and it was my brother telling me that the guy dragged the deer down the hill to a house directly below where he had dropped the deer. They drug it into the garage and hung it up. I left this info with the game cop and he said he knew who lived there and would go check it out. My question is, how do we as witnesses find out what ever happend? If this guy got off because he is a local I would be PO'd to say the least.............rf

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
"If this guy got off because he is a local I would be PO'd to say the least.............rf"

I hate to say it but it happens all the time. I have seen it first hand. Serious poaching violation at and they turned their heads. Pissed me off more than you know but I have had to just let it go. You can only do your part and turn them in, what ever happens after that I guess they have to live with.

Same thing as people who get off with speeding, drunk driving, ect because they know the officer. It sucks that this happens but sad to say it does!!!

No answer for you as to what we should do. I have decided to quite call DFW in my area when I see crap like this. Tired of wasting my time.

Offline Ridgerunner

• Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 10:11:52 AM »
Nothing like modern firearm seasons in this state in easily accessible areas. 

Offline MichaelJ

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
    • www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »
You said it Ridge...

Michael
Hells Canyon Armory Custom Rifles
https://www.facebook.com/HellsCanyonArmory/
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »
Should we be calling the wdfw and letting them know where and when these incidences are happening

is it a legal/illegal matter or a safe/unsafe matter?
not sure what the dfw is gonna do because someone is being unsafe...they have a hard enough time when someone turns a guy in for poaching. they sure aren't gonna run around slapping guys on the wrists for not being safe.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Ironhead

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 03:23:10 PM »
I understand the anger toward idiot hunters but, I hope some of this return fire crap is just macho talk. Christ, Washington modern seasons are insane. :o Go down and kick the guys ass if he needs it, but to shoot towards another person on purpose is downright ludicrous, unless your in Iraq or Afganistan.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 07:46:53 PM »
I understand the anger toward idiot hunters but, I hope some of this return fire crap is just macho talk. Christ, Washington modern seasons are insane. :o Go down and kick the guys ass if he needs it, but to shoot towards another person on purpose is downright ludicrous, unless your in Iraq or Afganistan.

Well said.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU