collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: HUNTING POODLES  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Chet43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
HUNTING POODLES
« on: December 11, 2020, 02:13:14 PM »
Daughter inlaw just bought a 10 week old standard female poodle for her kids. I was stunned when I learned she has champion retriever (poodle) blood line both sides. I want to train it for pheasant and waterfowl hunting.

I know most of you guys are laughuing or gagging rite now BUT I am looking for trainers who have experience with poodles in North King or Snohomish counties. Would appreciate after the laughing and gagging has stopped if you would let me know of anyone in this area that can help me.

I have been told they are not trained like other retrievers and already I have noticed she reacts differently than any dog I have been around before both family pet and hunting dog.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline docsven

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: HUNTING POODLES
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 02:44:43 PM »
Not surprised. My wife has a mixed poodle, he has all the makings of a pointer. Lol

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 03:26:28 PM »
You may want to contact Coplar Creek Poodle Kennels and see if they know of similar kennels up north.  They mention retrieving and hunt trials on their website.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 03:40:17 PM »
You might want to Private Message a guy on here that goes by Bluemoon.  He is a dog trainer and he has field bred hunting poodles.  He's posted video and pics on here of his poodles in action. He also has a website. Unfortunately I believe he recently moved out of state, but maybe he can give info.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal