collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?  (Read 117849 times)

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
Re: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?
« Reply #465 on: February 14, 2021, 08:37:41 PM »
I’m trying to figure out how to pin the power ring on 1x on this NF NX8...haha

JB weld is awesome.. :)

Offline jjhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #466 on: February 14, 2021, 08:53:35 PM »

Haha.  Unless I want to be able to remove and use 8x in Utah!

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #467 on: February 14, 2021, 09:01:06 PM »
What about some loc-tite?  Could you put a small dot on and then remove later with soldering pencil?

Offline jjhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2021, 09:09:40 PM »
You guys are the best!   :chuckle:

Offline hunter399

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #469 on: February 14, 2021, 09:17:19 PM »

Or you can just use it on 1x and leave it unpinned.
Like most hunters are gonna due anyway.
Available 1x scopes sucks and it's gonna happen that most hunter will just throw whatever on there. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Will say with that CONGRATS guys ,might as well make the most of the opportunity.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline rut72

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: RMEF life member, Mule Deer Foundation
« Reply #470 on: February 14, 2021, 10:58:19 PM »
You can mount a telescope on a muzzleloader for all I care. I've been muzzy hunting for 20 years and I have yet to see a technological advancement that turns crappy hunters into good ones. A vast majority of the muzzy hunters out there can't or won't put in the effort to become proficient with a muzzleloader. It goes way beyond just looking through a scope and pulling the trigger. Powder and bullet selection, consistency in loading, gun cleanliness and lots of practice have more to do with success than the sight. I don't care either way. I've been successful 20 years in a row by busting my butt and hunting hard. A 1x scope won't make animals magically appear in front of hunters who don't put in the effort. What this rule change will do is entice some people to try muzzleloader hunting and then quit after the first year when they realize that the scope wasn't a magic pill.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #471 on: February 15, 2021, 08:57:52 AM »
You can mount a telescope on a muzzleloader for all I care. I've been muzzy hunting for 20 years and I have yet to see a technological advancement that turns crappy hunters into good ones. A vast majority of the muzzy hunters out there can't or won't put in the effort to become proficient with a muzzleloader. It goes way beyond just looking through a scope and pulling the trigger. Powder and bullet selection, consistency in loading, gun cleanliness and lots of practice have more to do with success than the sight. I don't care either way. I've been successful 20 years in a row by busting my butt and hunting hard. A 1x scope won't make animals magically appear in front of hunters who don't put in the effort. What this rule change will do is entice some people to try muzzleloader hunting and then quit after the first year when they realize that the scope wasn't a magic pill.

+ 1

I tried making this point way back, thank you for saying it better than I could.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #472 on: February 15, 2021, 09:07:23 AM »

Available 1x scopes sucks and it's gonna happen that most hunter will just throw whatever on there. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Will say with that CONGRATS guys ,might as well make the most of the opportunity.

Im trying to follow your logic here, are you saying that if this passes it’s going to turn muzzy guys into cheaters and poachers too?  :dunno:

Technology doesn’t turn a person into a cheater. I have news for you those that will cheat are cheating now regardless of a 1x scope. This isn’t going to recruit more poachers any more than any technology advancement of that past hasn’t destroyed the herds.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #473 on: February 15, 2021, 09:27:06 AM »
Technology hasn't destroyed herds?

People popping mules out past 500 yards in a burn hasn't led to reductions in opportunities?

I think a 1x scope will have people shooting further, If legal I'll mount one and see how far I can push it. 

I'm not a purist, I'm just in it for the seasons.

Bows are my thing, I like the idea of a range finding sight on my bow, its in the proposal too.

It'll help me make those snap shots that bucks run away while I'm digging out my handheld range finder, now It'll be right on the bow!

Sweet!  More tech please!

(But I'm under no illusions that It'll *not* result in more animals shot)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 10:57:03 AM by KFhunter »

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #474 on: February 15, 2021, 09:46:23 AM »

I would like to see that one explained to a warden.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2021, 09:50:31 AM »

Im trying to follow your logic here, are you saying that if this passes it’s going to turn muzzy guys into cheaters and poachers too?  :dunno:

Technology doesn’t turn a person into a cheater. I have news for you those that will cheat are cheating now regardless of a 1x scope. This isn’t going to recruit more poachers any more than any technology advancement of that past hasn’t destroyed the herds.

I was simply implying that seems as though finding 1 power scopes sucks. Not much being available.
They should just make all scopes legal in my mind .
As far as cheating or poaching ,they should just allow all or none that's my opinion.
I'm not trying to encourage illegal activities(we don't even know the final decision) .But whatever this or that hunter does is nonya ,to me anyway.
I let people take responsibility for themselves and worry about my self. I look the other way 99/100 times.

What are some of you guys gonna do if it has to be a fixed power scope ? Meaning No adjustment at all.

I don't really want to debate technology,all that really matters is what WDFW say to what is legal or not. As far as technology advances.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 10:02:52 AM by hunter399 »

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2021, 11:38:03 AM »
Here is your 1x scope.  Speculators opportunity.  Starts now!

https://www.amazon.com/EOTECH-512-A65-Tactical-HOLOgraphic-Batteries/dp/B000KKFVRC/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=eotech-rd-512xbow&qid=1613414631&sr=8-4
I'm no expert ,but are they gonna allow illuminated or battery operated reticle.Just asking  :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2021, 11:49:35 AM »
Never mind it looks like no electric devices can be attached to a muzzleloader ,unless they change that rule too. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2021, 12:03:47 PM »
My understanding is that section 3 (b) is the only regulation under consideration. Section 3 (c) would remain in effect.

WAC 220-414-060

Muzzleloading firearms.
(1) Definitions.
(a) Muzzleloader: A firearm that is loaded from the muzzle and uses black powder or a black powder substitute as recommended by the manufacturer for use in all muzzleloading firearms.
(b) A muzzleloading firearm shall be considered loaded if a powder charge and a projectile, either shot or single projectile are in the barrel and the barrel or breech is capped or primed.
(2) It is unlawful to hunt wildlife using a muzzleloading firearm that does not meet the following specifications:
(a) A muzzleloading shotgun or rifle must have a single or double barrel, rifled or smooth-bored.
(b) A muzzleloading shotgun or rifle used for deer must be .40 caliber or larger. Buckshot size #1 or larger may be used in a smoothbore of .60 caliber or larger for deer.
(c) A muzzleloading shotgun, rifle, or handgun used for all other big game must be .45 caliber or larger.
(d) Persons lawfully hunting small game with a double barrel, muzzleloading shotgun may keep both barrels loaded.
(e) A muzzleloading handgun must have a single or double barrel of at least eight inches, must be rifled, and must be capable of being loaded with forty-five grains or more of black powder or black powder substitute per the manufacturer's recommendations.
(f) A muzzleloading handgun used for big game must be .45 caliber or larger.
(g) A handgun designed to be used with black powder, including black powder percussion revolvers, can be used to hunt forest grouse, cottontail rabbits, and snowshoe hares.
(3) In addition to the above requirements, it is unlawful to participate (hunt) in a muzzleloading hunting season using a firearm that does not meet the following specifications for a muzzleloader. However, a modern handgun may be carried for personal protection. Modern handguns cannot be used to hunt big game or dispatch wounded big game during a big game hunting season for muzzleloading firearms.
(a) Ignition is to be wheel lock, matchlock, flintlock, or percussion. Primers designed to be used in modern cartridges are legal.
(b) Sights must be open, peep, or of other open sight design. Fiber optic sights are legal. Telescopic sights or sights containing glass are prohibited.
(c) It is unlawful to have any electrical device or equipment attached to a muzzleloading firearm while hunting.
(d) Those persons lawfully hunting big game with a double barrel muzzleloader may only keep one barrel loaded.
(4) Muzzleloading firearms used during a modern firearm season are not required to meet ignition, sight, or double barrel restrictions.
(5) A violation of this section is punishable under RCW 77.15.400, 77.15.410, or 77.15.430, depending on the species hunted.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand