collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Post The Ammo/Reloading Supplies You Find In Stock Here!  (Read 278811 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: Post The Ammo/Reloading Supplies You Find In Stock Here!
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2021, 10:05:49 PM »
This isn't stack them deep prices for sure. This is for more if you need to grab some.

This is for sure not a great deal thread. I have guys daily hitting me up for ammo and just need a couple boxes and this will help them. I have seen 1 box of 45 ammo in months of looking on shelves around here.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Romulus1297

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2021, 10:21:12 PM »
This Walmart has had 6 boxes of .222 sitting there for weeks plus 16 and 28 gauge that nobody wants

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2021, 10:26:47 PM »
odd ball city right there :chuckle:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2021, 10:28:11 PM »
Man this thread has me tempted to sell some .40.. :chuckle:

Silverdale sportsman's has been pretty loaded with shotgun ammo recently. I get updates when the pistol ammo arrives but I'm to busy driving to update you guys..I'll try next time. :tup:

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2021, 06:33:54 AM »
odd ball city right there :chuckle:

Those guys once extolling the virtues of those rounds to the scorn of the crowds must be sitting pretty high on their horses right about now.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2021, 08:23:01 AM »
This ammo and component shortage is just as stupid as the toilet paper shortage of 2020. (maybe even more stupid).  If everyone would just buy what they need, there would be plenty to go around.  Quit hoarding!

I suspect that most people buying the ammo are just looking to resell it.

You know the whole thing stinks when even the oddball calibers sell out immediately.

I wonder if even half these people know what they are buying.

Eventually the market will reverse and people will start fire selling the stuff.

Gonna be fun to watch all these resellers rush to underbid each other and drive the price down.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2021, 08:33:05 AM »
This ammo and component shortage is just as stupid as the toilet paper shortage of 2020. (maybe even more stupid).  If everyone would just buy what they need, there would be plenty to go around.  Quit hoarding!

You know the whole thing stinks when even the oddball calibers sell out immediately.

Eventually the market will reverse and people will start fire selling the stuff.

Gonna be fun to watch all these resellers rush to underbid each other and drive the price down.
I do agree with the above
But will also add that ammo manufacturers are also hoarding. That's why you won't find components.
Brass
Powder
Primers
Bullets
The reloader is thrown under the bus.So factory ammo can be produced for scalper,scabs,and the rest.
Sooner that people stop hoarding
Ammo manufacturers will stop hoarding
Maybe the reloader will be able to buy components again.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Online fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2021, 08:43:45 AM »

But will also add that ammo manufacturers are also hoarding. That's why you won't find components.
Brass
Powder
Primers
Bullets
The reloader is thrown under the bus.So factory ammo can be produced for scalper,scabs,and the rest.
I don't think I'd call what the ammo manufacturers are doing "hoarding" .  They're simply using all the components that us reloaded need to catch up on their ammo inventory.  Once ammo inventory catches up, we'll start seeing primers/powders on the shelves.  That however won't happen if people keep buying all the manufactured ammo as soon as it hits the shelves.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »
Brass
Powder
Primers

Well the ammo companies are putting those components towards premium ammo. When handgun ammo appears on shelves it is normally premium ammo which means high profit margins.

Is it hoarding? I get the frustration but selling those components to reloaders probably has the lowest margins.

It won't take long for the market to crash. Hunting ammo especially will glut and drop in price. Then the factories will go back to selling components and those will glut as well.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2021, 08:59:21 AM »

Brass
Powder
Primers
Bullets
I don't think I'd call what the ammo manufacturers are doing "hoarding" .  They're simply using all the components that us reloaded need to catch up on their ammo inventory.  Once ammo inventory catches up, we'll start seeing primers/powders on the shelves.  That however won't happen if people keep buying all the manufactured ammo as soon as it hits the shelves.
Most manufacture knows how much product they can make in a month or a given amount of time,at full production.
Sell off excess component.
They are not doing that.
They are "hoarding" components not knowing how long the supply chain will continue.
If demand stays where it is at today ,there is no hope of "catching up" for a long time.
With that said I believe we are both right it's just a matter of opinion.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2021, 09:08:58 AM »
Most manufacture knows how much product they can make in a month or a given amount of time,at full production.
They are not doing that.
They are "hoarding" components not knowing how long the supply chain will continue.
If demand stays where it is at today ,there is no hope of "catching up" for a long time.

I don't think there are excess components. I would bet that primer factories are in full production and all those primers are going to premium ammo.

Demand for hunting ammo will drop within a few months. 9mm and 223 are another issue.

Online JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2021, 09:11:37 AM »

I see guys that don't even shoot hitting the shooting pits early in the morning before shooters arrive.  I asked the one guy and he collects up as much brass of all calibers for resale.  He has a dozen or so stops to hit each day.  I can't figure out how he's getting enough to offset the gas to drive around so much.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2021, 09:35:11 AM »
Those guys once extolling the virtues of those rounds to the scorn of the crowds must be sitting pretty high on their horses right about now.

They will do even better when the market resets.

People that bought 16 gauge and 222 at Wallyworld to resell will be giving it away.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2021, 09:36:45 AM »
It will continue until people stop paying the price on the secondary market and then it will collapse very quickly.  Who knows when that happens, especially if more checks are coming from DC.  Tax returns will start coming as well, so it's all up to people to determine how long they will put up with it.

Online fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2021, 09:38:11 AM »
They are not doing that.

I don't think there are excess components. I would bet that primer factories are in full production and all those primers are going to premium ammo.

Demand for hunting ammo will drop within a few months. 9mm and 223 are another issue.
:yeah:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal